Are there any characters you feel sorry for?

mettyton said:
i can't help but feel sorry for bowser. i know he kidnaps peach all the time and that he's supposed to be evil but he has a kid and a bunch of minions to deal with every single day, plus he gets called out for absolutely everything.
The stresses that come with being king are no justification for wreaking havoc on weaker kingdoms and kidnapping their ruler. Besides, it's probably not that bad. The Koopalings probably help out with commanding the grunts and I'd imagine Kamek helps take care of Junior.

And what do you mean he gets called out for absolutely everything? I'm not disagreeing with you on that, I just legitimately don't know what you mean by that.

i feel bad for good ol rosalina because she had only lumas to really keep her company for ages and while cute as shit they can only offer so much :(

I feel sorry for Waluigi because there are people who wish he didn't exist (even by some folks on this forum), often in a tone of nonchalance. Although he's certainly conceived in a Mario spin-off, the fact that Waluigi got so popular despite this is something to be celebrated, not derided. Very few characters that debut from spin-offs got to shine among the main characters, which is the reason Toadette should also be celebrated (and rightfully she did, given her appearances in certain Mario games). That's why it makes me happy that people are happy that Waluigi's got an amiibo.

For a similar reason, Princess Daisy. One game is enough to give the impression that she says only one thing (Mario Kart: Double Dash), and it doesn't quite help that there are people who wish she were erased. As evidenced, there's even a Counting game that insinuates that people who like Daisy is a rarity! Personally, I like her, but a bit shy to admitting it knowing that there are people who has an intense dislike for her.

Thanks for reading.

Magikrazy said:
mettyton said:
i can't help but feel sorry for bowser. i know he kidnaps peach all the time and that he's supposed to be evil but he has a kid and a bunch of minions to deal with every single day, plus he gets called out for absolutely everything.
The stresses that come with being king are no justification for wreaking havoc on weaker kingdoms and kidnapping their ruler. Besides, it's probably not that bad. The Koopalings probably help out with commanding the grunts and I'd imagine Kamek helps take care of Junior.

And what do you mean he gets called out for absolutely everything? I'm not disagreeing with you on that, I just legitimately don't know what you mean by that.

to quote toadsworth

"mario! this tragedy could only be caused by bowser!"

it wasn't.

Ok, but can you blame Toadsworth? Bowser usually is the one wreaking havoc and kidnapping the princess.

The only time I can think of where Bowser was unjustifiable blamed for events was Super Mario RPG, where the Chancellor assumes Bowser was behind him and Toadstool disappearing, even after Mario explained that a sword crashed into the castle. At least it was played up to be funny, and Bowser kinda deserved it for being a dick in the past.

I feel sorry for Waluigi in Mario Sports Mix. It's not his fault that my sister and I keep hitting him in Hockey just so he can make a "Waa" sound.

Ninelevendo said:
I feel sorry for Waluigi in Mario Sports Mix. It's not his fault that my sister and I keep hitting him in Hockey just so he can make a "Waa" sound.

I like his "AAAHH!" and his "WAAH" sound too so I love hitting him as well.

You should try tackling him nonstop in Graffiti Runner. Characters I like beating up in that minigame are Baby Peach, Kremlings, King K. Rool, Funky Kong, Wario, Waluigi, Baby Mario, Toadsworth, Toads, Dixie Kong, Daisy, and Bowser Jr.

well there was this one shy guy in color splash, and when i killed him, he simply said, "wanna hear that juicy secret?"

"i hide my face because i'm afraid of being judged."

We keep getting the two messed up. It's kinda like Koopa / Koopa Troopa...

I somehow feel that "Koopa" by itself is Bowser's species. I mean that Bowser is specifically a koopa and that koopa sub-species are the other ones, including koopa troopas hammer bros, buzzy beetle etc.

The funny thing is, in Japan, "Koopa" is Bowser's name, while the Koopa Troopa species is called "Nokonoko".

What do you want? It's nintendo logic.

mettyton said:
i can't help but feel sorry for bowser. i know he kidnaps peach all the time and that he's supposed to be evil but he has eight kids and a bunch of minions to deal with every single day, plus he gets called out for absolutely everything.

Much as I am a fan of the Koopa King, every bad thing that ever befalls him is just karma.

Hey everyone. I've been thinking of somethin'

If a carachter is underrated and everybody feels sorry for them then would that make them overrated? And if so would that destroy any reasons for feeling sorry for said carachter (I think i misspelled character twice there, but i'm not correcting).

Would that also mean that this topic is useless? Of course, lots of characters are pretty dead but is there another reason to feel sorry for characters, because i mean if a character is underrated that will make everyone like him so the character will become overrated and this will make previously overrated characters underrated?

I'm waiting for at least one response, if you at least fetched what I said right. :roll:

I don't think this thread is only for characters who are underrated, more like for characters who aren't perceived to be treated well, regardless of how popular or unpopular they are.

That's true.

I still feel bad for Luigi even though I think he's a mite overrated. It's hard not to like him IMO. He's so charming and huggable.

Yeah that's really undescribable. I mean look at Luigi's jumps compared to Mario's, and yet don't think anyone's having trouble with his low traction.

I do have to question why Luigi's air mobility is so awful in the Super Smash Bros. series; his air speed is only better than King Dedede's.

Back