Are there any characters you feel sorry for?

hell i'm sorry for sorry for captain falcon because he hasn't had a game since 2003

Mienshao said:
hell i'm sorry for sorry for captain falcon because he hasn't had a game since 2003

I'd be sorry for anyone who had an extra "sorry for" attached to their name. And anyone who's forced to wear a pink suit that looks like it's out of the 70s.

Geoff said:
we can't be friends

I do co-main DK and Bowser.

As Baby Luigi mentioned, C. Falcon makes so many hilarious sounds, especially when KO'ed.

I do find both of them very likeable, and I don't use them as punching bags because I hate them. I use them so often because they make every fight very enjoyable, regardless if I win or not.

^That's basically why I always make Wario a CPU player in Mario spin-off titles. I love to kill him because he has hilarious losing animations and/or losing sounds. Same deal with Donkey Kong. Nothing's more satisfying than "accidentally" scoring a Double Bogey or more with Wario in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour.

Deinosuchus said:
GmanSir said:
I think he had cardiac arrest.

I think it is more likely that he retired, since he is 60 years old.

mario characters dont age

yes that includes babies they are in a different universe altogether

Spooky the slightly frightening Shy Guy said:
To use an icon, you click on its picture when you're typing and it inserts itself onto your message. You could also put their name in between two colons like :this:, but it's easier to just click them. :dk:

I kinda feel sorry for Bowser Jr. He's appearing less frequently than I would have thought, and it looks like Nintendo are replacing him with the Koopalings.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Bowser_Jr.#List_of_appearances_by_date Mario Party: Star Rush is missing, and the three versions of Mario & Sonic he's present in as playable character are not separated. FIXED WHAT HAD TO BE FIXED

http://www.mariowiki.com/Larry_Koopa#Game_appearancesMario & sonic has not been spearated in the various versions, still he's present in only two of them, not all three. FIXED WHAT HAD TO BE FIXED

Bowser Jr. will be present in Super Mario Maker for 3DS and in Mario Sports Superstar.

Don't let Paper Mario: Color Splash, Mario Kart 8 and New super Mario Bros. 2 deceive you.
In the last two years Bowser Jr. has been more present than Larry Koopa, the most used Koopaling thanks to Mario & Sonic. If we were to consider Lemmy Koopa, he wouldn't even have a chance this year to compete with Bowser Jr., even assuming the Koopalings and not Bowser Jr. will be present in Super Mario Run (which must be demosntrated).
And I'm not considering Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge, otherwise Bowser Jr. would have already won this year even against Larry Koopa.
And I'm not against Bowser Jr. being more used than the Koopalings. At all.
After seeing what happened to the roter in Mario Kart 8 and after seeing their presence in SSB4, in which the models had wrong proportions and barely had unique animations, I would like the Koopalings to rather be used in the games where their personality can be developed and in which they can finally be considered individual characters rather than just a "packet" of seven characters. In this sense, taking out characters restrictions, I think an approach à la Mario & Sonic of keeping the core roster of spin-off games with Bowser Jr. and gradually adding Koopalings would be more sensible.

To return on topic, I feel sorry for Bowser Jr. for the way he was treated in New Super Mario Bros.. At the 4th battle it was evident how desperate the poor little kid was and how useless his attempts were, he always ended up badly beaten, as all mini-bosses should. I also feel sorry for him and the Koopalings because of the retcon they both unwillingly were part in and that generated undeserved hatred, but you already knew that ;) .

P.S.: with the last badly worded sentence I just wanted to state that I find it not very smart to use a new character to completely replace previous ones, as it easily splits the fanbase between people who like the new character and people who would like the orginial characters to come back. But again, I can see how it was easier to put just a single son of Bowser from a spin-off and main games development point of view. As I already said, I also think Bowser Jr. is more conformant to the simplicity and clarity guidelines of Miyamoto. Nintendo is a company making games before being the company of the creators of characters I like, so I think I will have to get used to such oddities, even though I think at Nintendo they could have easily avoided the retcon while still giving much more importance to Bowser Jr..

Besides the usual ones, one of the most recent examples of characters I feel sorry for is Mizzter Blizzard whose story left me quite perplexed.

Deinosuchus said:
Mario, because of some of the hate coming from (I think) Luigi's trophy celebration from Mario Power Tennis.

I don't get it what is wrong with luigi getting a trophy? Mario has already got a lot of fame, and by a lot, i mean more than what you think (I am looking in another perspective, the mushroom kingdom one, so don't take it wrong). He even has at least three ladies at his disposition. So why just put so much interest in one trophy that he can win like, a million times thanks to the player( I mean come on, all that has to happen is that the player plays as mario and wins trophies, is that hard?).

Look, I know that you're sorry for mario because luigi's trophy celebration made him feel inferior to his brother, I completely understand that, but that doesn't feel right when you have a lot more than someone and still cry (not litterally) because that guy got something you wanted.

At this point, I can feel sorry for luigi because he wasn't lucky and got a greedy brother. But i do like mario, he's my tenth favorite carachter. :mario:

I don't think you fully understand the context.

This trophy celebration cutscene features Mario congratulating his brother. As he does so, he grinds his foot into Luigi's, presumably out of frustration that he didn't win.

A well-known YouTuber named MatPat featured this clip on his show Game Theory, highlighting it as proof that Mario is a mental patient.

That's where the hate that A51 was talking about comes from.

I think Mario's just teasing him. The closer you are, the more it's acceptable to act mean.

Wario, for the abuse he suffers from human players in Mario Party 1-2 just so he will say "D'oh I missed". Granted, that line is so funny though, as is his scream when getting hurt or falling down into a pit.

Deinosuchus said:
Wario, for the abuse he suffers from human players in Mario Party 1-2 just so he will say "D'oh I missed". Granted, that line is so funny though, as is his scream when getting hurt or falling down into a pit.

He can take it. His entire series is based around hurting himself to make progress.

Deinosuchus said:

RUUUUUUUHHH!!!!!!

"SO EIN MIST!!"

Back