Are there any characters you feel sorry for?

Luigi jumps high, but that doesn't make him someone with good air mobility. He has a floaty fall for goodness sake.

I find it kind of funny how Peach has the highest traction in Melee while Luigi has the lowest. This ironically gives Luigi the best wavedash, while Peach has the worst (I never use the technique to be honest).

LeftyGreenMario said:
Luigi jumps high, but that doesn't make him someone with good air mobility. He has a floaty fall for goodness sake.

Still, Luigi isn't that sluggish with his air mobility in the Super Mario titles. Also, poor air speed can potentially lead to subpar or worse recoveries, depending on the fighter. Dedede at least has four mid-air jumps to overcome his abysmal air speed, but Luigi doesn't get anything like that, and Green Missile doesn't slow down Luigi's descent like it did in Melee.

Deinosuchus said:
I find it kind of funny how Peach has the highest traction in Melee while Luigi has the lowest. This ironically gives Luigi the best wavedash, while Peach has the worst (I never use the technique to be honest).

The biggest irony about Peach, however, is that her air speed was at top five levels in Melee, and yet it got nerfed drastically in Brawl. It feels very ironic to see Bowser moving around in the air faster than Peach now.

Deinosuchus said:
DK also moves really fast in the air since Melee.

And as of Smash 3DS / Wii U, Mario is tied with Donkey Kong in the air speed department. If only Luigi could have 80% of Mario's air speed (1.15 * 0.8 = 0.92). Fortunately, thanks to Smash Wii U modding, I've been able to do that.

Deinosuchus said:
I also find it weird how Bowser runs faster than DK in Smash 4. Usually, Donkey Kong is faster than him.

To be fair, Donkey Kong "walks" faster than Bowser, but Bowser being the faster runner in Smash 3DS / Wii U does reference how Bowser isn't always a slowpoke in the Super Mario series titles (especially Super Mario 64).

You could probably say the same thing for a good portion of the Donkey Kong cast. The last time King K. Rool shined was in Mario Super Sluggers.

Let's recap on the majority of the DK cast's latest major appearance (remakes don't count):

DK and Diddy: Mario Party: Star Rush (2016)

Dixie Kong, Funky Kong and Cranky Kong: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (2014)

Tiny Kong and King K. Rool: Mario Super Sluggers (2008)

Lanky Kong, Wrinkly Kong and Candy Kong: Donkey Kong Barrel Blast (2007)

Donkey Kong Jr. : Mario Tennis (N64) (2000)

Kiddy Kong: Donkey Kong Land III (1997)

Chunky Kong: Donkey Kong 64 (1999)

Swanky Kong: Donkey Kong Country 3 (1996)

To be honest, I think the DK franchise as a whole is not as active as it should be.

I now feel sorry for yoshis because mario always needs to sacrifice them to stay alive. They're also already suffering enough from the punches mario gives them to make them stick their tongues out.

1. Mario doesn't punch Yoshi.
2. If Mario didn't "kill" Yoshi for another jump, both would be dead in a lot of cases and the Yoshi species would stay in danger longer, endangering more Yoshi lives, since Mario has delayed himself from rescuing Bowser out of a misguided moral principle.
3. Yoshi has an ear-splitting voice that would drive anyone crazy.

Eh, it's not like they die. They just go back in the egg.

As much as Mario doesn't die, he just respawns. Oh, in my headcanon, video game deaths for Mario actually does happen to him a lot. He just tries again.

LeftyGreenMario said:
1. Mario doesn't punch Yoshi.
2. If Mario didn't "kill" Yoshi for another jump, both would be dead in a lot of cases and the Yoshi species would stay in danger longer, endangering more Yoshi lives, since Mario has delayed himself from rescuing Bowser out of a misguided moral principle.
3. Yoshi has an ear-splitting voice that would drive anyone crazy.

Okay, I think you're right about Mario having to sacrifice yoshi because if he doesn't both of them will die. But i still am convinced that Mario punches yoshi to make him eat things. I mean seriously, Mario's finger doesn't display when he makes yoshi stick his tongue out, for those who think he points the direction to yoshi. And I don't find yoshi's voice to really be annoying either.

Koops the koopa troopa said:
[...] Mario punches yoshi to make him eat things. I mean seriously, Mario's finger doesn't display when he makes yoshi stick his tongue out, for those who think he points the direction to yoshi.
MarioYoshiAssistLumaBerry.png

But i still am convinced that Mario punches yoshi to make him eat things. I mean seriously, Mario's finger doesn't display when he makes yoshi stick his tongue out, for those who think he points the direction to yoshi.

It's just crappy sprite/model work

Official artwork always says otherwise.

Okay, I think you're right about Mario having to sacrifice yoshi because if he doesn't both of them will die. But i still am convinced that Mario punches yoshi to make him eat things. I mean seriously, Mario's finger doesn't display when he makes yoshi stick his tongue out, for those who think he points the direction to yoshi. And I don't find yoshi's voice to really be annoying either.
Mario has always pointed. Even in the .gif, you can see the pointing motion, but I don't blame you if it looks like punching, because it does.

MarioandYoshi.gif

800px-YoshiBerrySMW.jpg

Bluepinktoadyoshi.png

How does Yoshi even know when Mario wants him to eat something? Yoshi can't see him point his fingers behind his head.

Maybe Mario says something that the player can't hear, but the Yoshi can.

I feel sorry for whoever's trapped in the well in Flower Fields.

Well I guess you just destroyed all reasons to feel sorry for yoshi

Back