Are there any characters you feel sorry for?

Mcmadness said:
Deinosuchus said:
Wario, for the abuse he suffers from human players in Mario Party 1-2 just so he will say "D'oh I missed". Granted, that line is so funny though, as is his scream when getting hurt or falling down into a pit.

He can take it. His entire series is based around hurting himself to make progress.

so wario basically has like the ultimate stamina in the franchise then?

That's a great thing, that means we can beat him up for prolonged periods of time.

Luigi does it too but it's not as funny.

I feel really bad for Birdo because it doesn't get enough love. From what I've seen on the internet, Birdo's reception has been mostly negative.

Cheeze said:
I feel really bad for Birdo because it doesn't get enough love. From what I've seen on the internet, Birdo's reception has been mostly negative.

(paging DF)

GmanSir said:
I feel sorry for Peach because she always has to be partnered with Daisy.

The Marioboards would like to apologize to the Daisy fanbase for offending them. We would like you to know that someone not liking Daisy is not the end of the world, and that opinions are not bad if they disagree with yours. I will not name names, but you know who you are.

Mcmadness said:
He can take it. His entire series is based around hurting himself to make progress.

From the video game section of the "Amusing Injuries" page on TV Tropes
Wario. Oh, Wario. Throughout the main series of games starring him he's been stunned, stung and inflated, ignited, flattened, compressed, zombified, vampirified, frozen solid and then shattered to no ill effects except being dazed or moving erratically for a while, that in exchange granted him the ability to solve numerous puzzles along the way.
The Mario series in general has quite a few examples of Amusing Injuries, such as the Mario & Luigi series, and Yoshi's Island.

Mario also steals Wario's goddamn Peach statue at the end.

Even Nintendo thinks beating up Wario is funny.

I don't feel sorry for Wario. He's a stupid comic relief character who gets what he deserves (he doesn't treat his employees very well for crying out loud).

His best ones are engine crapout / out-of-bounds off-road noises.

You should make Donkey Kong fall underwater in that game.

MnSG said:
I actually used some of Donkey Kong's voice clips from Mario Kart Wii while setting up a sound hack for him in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

http://gamebanana.com/sounds/30776

Sound clips from some other games have also been used though.
Heyhey, I downloaded and I loved it.

Though I replaced the KO'd noises with two of aforementioned Donkey Kong's engine crapout / out-of-bounds offroad voices (the first, common one is 1:59, the second less common one is 2:01, which is my favorite DK voice effect). His Star KO is at 0:50 and his big hurt voices are both from Mario Party 9 (which is actually his getting excited but it sounds like he's hurt too...).

LeftyGreenMario said:
Heyhey, I downloaded and I loved it.

Though I replaced the KO'd noises with two of aforementioned Donkey Kong's engine crapout / out-of-bounds offroad voices (the first, common one is 1:59, the second less common one is 2:01, which is my favorite DK voice effect). His Star KO is at 0:50 and his big hurt voices are both from Mario Party 9 (which is actually his getting excited but it sounds like he's hurt too...).

If you're curious on which Mario Kart Wii voice clips I've used, below is the full list.

Attack01 = VO_DK_ATK.rwav
Attack02 = VO_DK_ATK_END.rwav
Attack03 = VO_DK_ITM_PUT.rwav
Attack04 = VO_DK_ITM_TRW.rwav
Attack05 = VO_DK_JP_M2.rwav
Attack06 = VO_DK_LND_L2.rwav
Attack07 = VO_DK_WLE.rwav
Damage02 = VO_DK_DMG_S.rwav
DamageFly01 = VO_DK_WLE_FAIL_END.rwav
DamageFly02 = VO_DK_DMG_M_END.rwav
MissFoot01 = VO_DK_DMG_M.rwav
MissFoot02 = VO_DK_STR_FAIL.rwav
Damage_hoshikie = VO_DK_DMG_L.rwav (fades out while playing)
FuraFura = VO_DK_RET2.rwav
001 = VO_DK_DSH2.rwav
Appeal03 = VO_DK_OVTAK.rwav
Win01_02 = VO_DK_RET.rwav
Win02 = VO_DK_JP_S2.rwav (increased speed)

As for the extras...

Jump01 = donkey_v16a.rwav (Mario Super Sluggers)
Jump02 = donkey_v16b.rwav (Mario Super Sluggers)
Ottotto = donkey_v11.rwav (Mario Super Sluggers)
Damage01 = DK-RD-SFAL2_5_Amb_ny_32_dspadpcm (Mario Kart 8)
FuraSleep = wiiUTennis_00000009_00000000 (Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash)
Passive = DK-RA-CHOV_18_Amb_ny_32_dspadpcm (Mario Kart 8)
CliffCatch = DK-RD-SDAM_4_Amb_ny_32_dspadpcm (Mario Kart 8)
SwimUp = wiiUTennis_00000009_00000011 (Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash)
Win01 = DK-RA-JUMS_7_Amb_ny_32_dspadpcm (Mario Kart 8)

Sound IDs came from downloads that I've acquired from The Sounds Resource.

i can't help but feel sorry for bowser. i know he kidnaps peach all the time and that he's supposed to be evil but he has eight kids and a bunch of minions to deal with every single day, plus he gets called out for absolutely everything.

Back