Splatoon 2

Apparently it is Squeezed Lemon on Fried Chicken or not. I guess it's not too random if there was a Pineapples on Pizza or not Splatfest before.

THE BIG UPDATE
SELFIES
NEW HAIR
NEW PANTS
NEW CLOTHES
NEW MAPS
NEW SONGS
NEW MODE AKA SPLATZONES ONLY IN ROTATION 1/4 OF THE TIME FUCK
MALL AND WAREHOUSE
MALL AND WAREHOUSE
MALL AND WAREHOUSE

I expect there to be balance updates along with the latest update, and based on current trends, I am expecting Stingray to require slightly more skill to use, while Ink Jet is less vulnerable. I am hoping that the regular Blaster gets some extra power like a slightly larger blast radius, since the Range Blaster is set up to be what Blaster does, but better, while Luna Blaster fires faster. As it stands, regular Blaster is not that great.

Oh boy, more clothes... That means it will be a long while before I can get 3 slots for every clothes in this game (something I managed to achieve in Splatoon 1).

Clam Blitz looks to be rather chaotic compared to Rainmaker, only because you have to watch your back. It's not known how the clams will spawn, but I imagine there will be a few locations where the clams can be claimed. Although it looks like one can individually aim for the goal, it's ultimately set up to pressure people to work as a team.

Thank you for reading.

That pigtail hairstyle for the boy is absolutely horrendous.

New Salmon Run is all that matters.

This is my biggest surprise on Switch so far. It's so good! I feel bad for sleeping on the first one now.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
The new mode has been out for a few days now, so I'm wondering what does everyone think about it?
CLAM BLITZ SUCKS.

That's all, thank you for asking opinions.

tumblr_p23glhqEum1u3akyno1_540.jpg

The first Splatfest of the year and it's worldwide, Action or Comedy? Sorry for drama fans.
I'm going with action because Adam Sandler hasn't made an action movie ... I think.

I kind of wanted to choose Comedy, but I am afraid that Action will trounce the Comedy since Action is Pearl's side, which tracked the most victories so far. Right now I haven't picked a Splatfest shirt.

Thank you for reading.

https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/comments/7p48nm/the_true_effect_of_drink_tickets/

A couple things are discovered:

Since there are 14 abilities, neutral branded gear have a 1/14 chance of getting each ability. However, for brands that favour a certain ability, they have 10/35 chance of rolling their ability, and 1/35 of a chance of rolling another ability. As an example, Krak-on has a 10/35 chance of getting Swim Speed Up, but a 1/35 chance of getting Bomb Defence Up (rest is 2/35 chance).

A new discovery on how Meal Tickets work: Basically, rather than to modify the chances of an ability being rolled, it instead acts as a second reroll in case the ability didn't match the ticket's ability. What this basically means that the chance of a new ticket is exponentially greater if your ability ticket matches the brand. For example, Krak-on amplifies the chance of Swim Speed Up, and with the corresponding ticket, you have almost a 50% chance of getting said ability. Of course, unlikely abilities are less likely to get rolled, with around 5.6%, which is still lower than a neutral roll.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: The researcher mentioned how there's more to the Tickets than the simple explanation, so the information is not quite accurate.

current mood of this splatfest is my entire team disconnecting, leaving me alone with the other team

The winner is Comedy! We've got the last laugh after all!

Note that this is a Global Splatfest, therefore the results are based on every region's results, unlike Mayo vs Ketchup which counts each region's results differently. That's why the results are returned much later than usual: Europe finished their Splatfest hours after the US, with an 8 or 9 hour difference (can't tell if DST is still in effect).

Thank you for reading.

And for the next Japanese Splatfest...
tumblr_p3747df8su1w6z3n8o1_540.jpg

It's based on the Splatoon manga!
Nintendo actually does put a lot of stuff from their adaptations into their games come to think about it, Marth's seiryu first played him in the OVA, Kirby started to include a lot of Right Back At Ya elements into the game(Dedede's castle in Squeak Squad, Escargoon outright appearing in Mass Attack), heck F-Zero's last game was based on the anime.

Tangle The Lemur said:
And for the next Japanese Splatfest...
tumblr_p3747df8su1w6z3n8o1_540.jpg

It's based on the Splatoon manga!

Interestingly, the official Splatfest art is not about Pearl and Marina this time, but rather, the characters from the manga, including the Emperor one (his gear is only available in Japan, and can't be ordered):

DU28djLVAAA0a29.jpg:large

Thank you for reading.

Eyo, new US splatfest with Love Vs. Money, going on RIGHT NOW! Where's my Team Love members here?

Team Love's ink looks like Pepto-Bismol, which is pretty hilarious.

Also, I've been seeing more Team Love players than Team Money, which might be a sign that Team Love might win. If they do, I'll make some Dire Straits - Money For Nothing jokes through posts in this game.

I am on Team Love, and I gotta say this is the most philosophical Splatfest I've been in. It won't reflect well on the state of humanity if Money wins popularity...

Julia-BM said:
Team Love's ink looks like Pepto-Bismol, which is pretty hilarious.

My first thought was pink lemonade, and against a vibrant yellow, it makes it easy to consider this Splatfest a battle of the lemonades.

I am hoping that Team Love wins, since there are just too many matches where I matched up against Team Love, and not many Team Money matches. I am confident that we got the Popularity down, but the other two categories are big question marks.

Thank you for reading.

This is also pretty appropriate for Team Love's victory:

DWU-8HpVwAA6kK5.jpg

The fact that a music video for a song titled "Money For Nothing" (which sorta happened in the Splatfest) was animated by a company called Rainmaker (which something in Splatoon was named after) is pretty hilarious and kind of foreshadowing.

Yes, I am talking about Rainmaker Studios (Known as Mainframe Entertainment before 2007, and Rainmaker Entertainment until 2016). Those people worked on most of the CGI Barbie movies (which I love), the Ratchet and Clank film, and more

The upcoming update for Splatoon 2 includes:
- Callie in Octo Canyon in person
- Rank X (which I will never reach anyway)
- New clothes that will take a while to collect
- Upcoming maps Piranha Pit, Camp Triggerfish and Wahoo World (sorry Flounder Heights fans, not this time)

And finally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBr6GqyuWnA

A new single player expansion where you play as an Octoling! Note: it's priced.

Thank you for reading.

Good to see that they listened to the #BringCallieBack fad. Rank X is really stupid because it seems like they're just raising the bar higher and higher because they made it too easy to get to the previous highest rank (although I'm not actually at S+). What's next, Rank Z? I'm glad they're bringing Camp Triggerfish back. I'm looking forward to the Octo expansion because it looks like it will expand on the story which was honestly kind of lackluster in Octo Canyon mode. Also, they finally finally FINALLY added playable Octolings! It took them long enough!

Splatfest day is tomorrow! "What hatched first? Team Chicken VS Egg?"

I picked Team Chicken for some reason along with that I liek to eat chicken.

It's also MAR10 Day tomorrow so I'll be wearing my White Kanji Mario T-Shirt. White shirt for Team Chicken!

Back