Splatoon 2

I'm loving the new Octo Expansion renders. This particular one is my favorite:

chara_boygirl.png

Seriously, look at this render! Octoling Girl doing the Dreamworks face, and Octoling Boy being all Shadow the Hedgehog-y, complete with Inkling Girl looking like she's protecting Inkling Boy! If this render isn't cute or adorable, then I don't know what that is anymore.

I sure hope the Octolings don't have an annoying facial expression when they win with Dualies.. Seriously, Dualies are pretty fun to use.

It looks like the girls are acting friendly towards each other while the boys are exchanging looks of mistrust.

Julia-BM said:
I'm loving the new Octo Expansion renders. This particular one is my favorite:

chara_boygirl.png

Seriously, look at this render! Octoling Girl doing the Dreamworks face, and Octoling Boy being all Shadow the Hedgehog-y, complete with Inkling Girl looking like she's protecting Inkling Boy! If this render isn't cute or adorable, then I don't know what that is anymore.

I sure hope the Octolings don't have an annoying facial expression when they win with Dualies.. Seriously, Dualies are pretty fun to use.

I like how the Inklings are using the traditional weapons, while the Octolings are using the more unique weapons. The Octobrush is a swiping weapon and is a good fit for their name, while the Octoboy is using the shooter that is more powerful but is not as accurate.

Thank you for reading.

I just started Splatoon 2 two days ago. Had a good transition from the first game (it took me a while to get comfortable with the controls). Currently at level 7.

I am impartial with the Ninja Turtles, but I feel like I want to vote for the left option only to see if it guarantees victory, which is the generally safe pick for western territories (Japanese Splatfests tend to have the right option winning the majority of the time).

Also, some of the weapons have changed their sets since the earlier datamines, and some new weapons might even be on the way, so if you are interested to know:
Carbon Roller Deco: Burst Bomb/Autobomb Launcher (previous: Sprinkler/Inkjet)
Custom Dualie Squelcher: Splat Bomb/Ink Cloud (previous: Splat Bomb/Ink Armour -> Sting Ray)
Tenta Sorella Brella: Splash Wall/Curling Bomb Launcher (previous: Ink Armour)

Other weapons:
Custom Hydra Splatling: Ink Mine/Ink Armour
Undercover Sorella Brella: Splat Bomb/Baller
Rapid Blaster Pro Deco: Splash Wall/Ink Armour
Light Tetra Dualies: Sprinkler/Splat Bomb Launcher
Bamboozler 14 Mk II: Toxic Mist/Burst Bomb Launcher

Bathtub Slosher - A Slosher that tosses three bouncing Blaster-like bubbles that have relatively weak power
Washtub Slosher
Serein Splatling - A Splatling where you can hold your charge like certain Chargers like the Squiffer and non-scoped Chargers
Downpour Splatling - A Splatling has quick shots when in phase 1 charge, but slower shots during phase 2 charge; Also the least accurate Splatling

I do not know what the Slosher weapons do, but I presume that Bathtub is lighter while the Washtub is heavier.

Based on this, I will say that the Slosher and Splatling will receive a new variant next month.

Thank you for reading.

On June, there are four new weapons, and their kits are interesting:

- Custom Dualie Squelcher has Splat Bomb and Ink Storm
- Undercover Sorella Brella has Splat Bomb and Baller
- Rapid Blaster Pro Deco has Splash Wall and Ink Armour
- Carbon Roller Deco has Burst Bomb and Autobomb Launcher

Of the weapons, I can see that Rapid Blaster Pro Deco will become a very powerful presence since it has Wall as an advantage, not to mention having Armour so that they are able to more safely dispatch the opposition. It's also one of the better weapons since it's long-range, has decent fire rate for the potential damage it does, and its shots have a blast radius so as long as 3 indirect hits are landed, the opponent is splatted.

Carbon Roller Deco is an interesting option because it contains two great things with the Splatoon 1's Carbon Rollers: the original version has Burst Bomb so that it is able to hit opponents with Burst Bomb and follow up with a powerful flick, which is useful because Carbon Roller is a fast weapon that is not as powerful as the Splat Roller. The Autobomb Launcher hearkens back to the Seeker Bomb Rush, which only the Deco variant has. The Seeker in the previous game tracks foes and paints a path, but the Autobomb only tracks foes. Still, they are able to follow opponents more reliably so it's actually annoying if there's an army of them.

Custom Dualie Squelcher has an overall powerful main weapon since it's a Dualie with long range, and its ability to shoot after rolling is a huge advantage. The kit that it has allows the player to be more offensive in their playstyle, which is likely better than the current one since Point Sensor isn't the best Sub Weapon for this weapon.

Undercover Sorella Brella has a very cool kit since both the Splat Bomb and Baller excels in chasing people away, or if they do approach then the player could use that to their advantage since the Brella has protection and can still fire while being shielded.

An interesting set of weapons, which leaves only the Tenta Sorella Brella, Custom Hydra Splatling, Bamboozler 13 Mk II and Light Tetra Dualies left to be revealed.

Thank you for reading.

Moreover, there are two new weapons teased: a Splatling and a Slosher.

DfkFiAQU8AAC02v.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r08UuQxMmko
The Splatling, which looks like a multi-coloured pen, has an interesting property where its accuracy changes depending on which phase your charge is. If you only charge up to the first phase, it will fire rapidly over a wide window (which makes it the least accurate Splatling), but in exchange you can KO quite quickly, provided you can get in range since it's short-ranged. If you charge for two phases, then in addition to what I mentioned, the next phase cause the Splatling to narrow the window to reduce the accuracy window and becomes longer ranged, making it able to pressure opponents better.

DfkFiYRU0AAp2UH.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFhO5CYog-Y
This Slosher is long-ranged, and has the property of exploding on the spot it lands, and I believe it's even possible to OHKO if the blast lands exactly on an unlucky Inkling/Octoling.

Thank you for reading.

I would like to remind everyone that Japan had a Squid vs Octopus Splatfest before, which means it's the only matchup that is repeated in the same region. Of course the context is different now that Octolings are playable. Back in Splatoon 1, Japan didn't have the Inklings and Octolings so they used the Kurazushi character instead (not to mention how Callie held squids and Marie held an Octarian). In that competition, Squid won, naturally.

Personally I am going for Octopus even though I don't have the Expansion, so hopefully everyone on that team pulled their weight this time!

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
I would like to remind everyone that Japan had a Squid vs Octopus Splatfest before, which means it's the only matchup that is repeated in the same region.

Thank you for reading.
Technically, that Splatfest topic is what kind of sushi topping would you put on. (But players treated it as the actual Squid vs Octopus Splatfest).

But now, this is the real deal.

There's a new Splatoon update, and two new weapons are to be added later on: The Nautilus 47 and the Bloblobber!

Dh5ABt9VQAEOJtM.jpg

The Nautilus 47 is a Splatling which has the property of being able to hold your charge, similar to some of the Chargers. This has some strategic advantages, and based on a demonstration video, it appears that the charge held is longer than most chargers.

Dh5ABI4UwAA9wGS.jpg

The Bloblobber is a Slosher that has the interesting property of firing multiple blobs of ink. Basically the blobs bounce forward, similar to the Octarians. Lining up every shot has the ability to KO an opponent, but that still depends on how well it's aimed.

Also, Ancho-V Games (the final Splatoon 1 map) will make a grand return next month:
Dh4__U8VMAA3m3n.jpg

Moreover, there are some changes in the latest version of Splatoon 2. The notable ones include:
- Splattershot Jr. and its Custom variant have an ink tank that is 10% more than other weapons, which is an advantage that extends to Sub Weapons. Meaning, unlike other weapons, 21 points of Ink Saver (Sub) is required to fire 2 Splat Bombs compared to 35 points.
- Rapid Blasters (both the regular and the Pro) have a blast radius reduction.
- Rollers have an ink consumption reduction if rolling at maximum speed.
- Undercover Brella will have its canopy repaired if a Splat or assist is scored, allowing for extra chances for shielding.
- Dualie Squelchers have an ink consumption increase.
- Autobomb has reduced tracking time and a slightly lower explosion, but in exchange, it only uses 55% of the tank. Because of this, only one main Ink Saver (Sub) is required to fire 2 Autobombs. Not sure about the Custom Splattershot Jr., but I think it might allow you to fire 2 in one go.
- Tenta Missiles fires a different number of missiles depending on the number of targets: 1 target will make it fire 10 missiles, while 2 targets will make it fire 5 missiles each. It can also target the Rainmaker's shield even though the damage is reduced. Using Special Power Up will also increases each missile's blast radius in addition to its current effect.
- Dark Tetra Dualies has a +20 Special requirement (making it 190), which is the only weapon to have that increase.
- Marooner's Bay has a few fixes, such as a reduction of one gusher during the Goldie Seeking round, and a fix for those who think about landing on the low tide's hatch (while it's not low tide).

Thank you for reading.

Just beat Inner Agent 3. Not being hyperbolic when I say that was honest to god the hardest boss of any Nintendo game I've ever played.

JC said:
Just beat Inner Agent 3. Not being hyperbolic when I say that was honest to god the hardest boss of any Nintendo game I've ever played.

I'm fighting him as of this post. It's like they're trying to make me hate the Calamari Inkantation.

If you do now know what's special about this Splatfest, it's how whatever team you select will force the player character to turn into an Inkling or Octoling based on the team you pick. It only affects the appearance in battle, so even if you didn't buy the Octo Expansion, the character will turn into the Octoling with the default tentacle hairstyle (so that means you can't have the round head for the Octoboy).

This Splatfest has the unique property of having Squid balloons or Octopus tentacles, which will unlock certain gates when destroyed. The first is super accessible and the second is a bit far away, but the third requires opening the second to access the opponent's base, which is the most difficult part since the second and third tentacles have high HP.

In my opinion on this Splatfest, I have a feeling that Squid will win again given that I have more losses than victories in my games, but I hope that Octopus will win this time (coming from Splatoon 1's Squid vs Octopus Splatfest).

Thank you for reading.

The results are in.

Me: "Great job, Team Squid!"
My brain: *screams internally* *saltiness intensifies*
My player character: "No matter which team wins, Inklings and Octolings will still live together."

I think Octopus was doomed from the start for two reasons:
1. It was Marina's team and it was more popular, and for some unknown reason when Marina's team is more popular it almost always loses.
2. A lot of the players who played the first game and are therefore more experienced than many of the players who started with Splatoon 2 chose Team Squid since it's the OG character. As a matter of fact, I was one of those people.

It was a bit of a toss-up for me (like many Splatfests), but I decided to go with the Inklings because they are the original characters and because their designs are a bit more unique and interesting than the Octolings. I kinda feel like they did this Splatfest too soon though, since I haven't had the chance to play as Octolings in normal battles yet due to taking my time with the Octo Expansion.

Recently reached Level 90. I am hoping that I can get Prestige before October this year.

For the weapons released this month, I only played with the Nautilus 47 and the Custom Hydra Splating respectively, and am planning to use the Light Tetra Dualies and Bloblobber later. My opinions on them are:
- The Nautilus 47 feels very refreshing to use. Who knew the ability to hold the charge could be such a game changer? Anyway, it's really nice that this weapon comes with Point Sensor because it works best when knowing how the opponent moves, and Baller is kind of a nice Special when any opponent manages to get closer. Using this Splatling makes me wish that other Splatlings can hold charge since swimming is faster than moving.
- Custom Hydra Splatling is great because it hits very far, but it's also a difficult weapon to use due to its low speed in charging and moving. I love that it can pressure opponents from far, and Ink Armour is a good Special for such a weapon. I liked Thermal Ink because its range is ideal for detecting opponents and taking them out.

Thank you for reading.

Next Splatfest:

S2_Splatfest_Fork_vs_Spoon.png

Which utensil is more useful? Fork or Spoon? Where is the knife?

When I thought that Front Roll vs Back Roll was the weirdest possible theme for a Splatfest... Well, I think it's going to be Team Spoon for me.

Back