Splatoon 2

I like Starfish because nobody ever checks the sides so it's real easy to sneak in. Hate both the Shipyard and Musselforge.

I heard that the Splatfest Tee have a huge discount in gear-scrubbing, which is a good way to get those, although I haven't found a time to do it.

Anyway, I played Salmon Run last Saturday, and the map was Marooner's Bay. It also features the Blaster, Inkbrush, Splat Roller and the Heavy Splatling as the the weapons of choice, so it's not terrible. Some of the games feel very difficult, not least due to either my inexperience or my teammates being overwhelmed. The rewards also feel somewhat underwhelming, but the fact that every 100 or 200 points net a nice prize makes this feel very worth it.

I have also managed to play Ranked Battle in all three modes, and the mode I have the most trouble with is Tower Control. It feels like as though there are very experienced players playing it, because at the end of the day, I only managed to advance to C rank. The weapon of choice that got me consistent results is the Carbon Roller surprisingly, and got me to realise that its weapon set is actually not so bad. Autobomb in particular is great due to Carbon's low range.

Surprisingly, I have an easier time with Rainmaker, especially after I switched to Aerospray MG. The reason for using this weapon is due to its very good ink coverage, and this mode is reliant on having good turf control to have an advantage. It helps that it has a nice Bomb Launcher and a decent bomb to go along with it. As for Splat Zones, I stuck with the tried-and-true Slosher, and while I lost quite a few battles, I didn't do terribly with it. For both, I skipped to B-.

Thank you for reading.

New Splatfest theme has been announced.
Flight vs. Invisibility

Personally, I prefer flight.

I fought for Team Mayo during the last Splatfest, and I'll be fighting for Team Invisibility during this one.

I was on Team Ketchup in the previous SplatFest and spent most of my time splatting other Team Ketchup members rather than Team Mayo members.

...That might explain why we lost.

Well, I expected flight to be more popular and win that way, so I was worried and surprised when invisibility won popularity. I was even more surprised when flight won both single battle and team battle. I ended up the same situation as Mayo vs. Ketchup!

How's Ranked Battle for everyone?

I am currently in the A ranks (A for Splat Zones, A+ for Tower Control and A for Rainmaker), but I feel that they are getting pretty tough to rank up at this point. My Splat Zones game is currently over the threshold, but already has 2 cracks so I have to win like 3 games before I can rank up, while I didn't progress my Rainmaker rank yet. I guess I am not that skilled because I am still in the A ranks.

I feel that Splat Zones are the most intense because there are many angles to watch out for, while Tower Control can be easily turned around if enough attention wasn't being paid. Still have to see what difficulties will arise in Rainmaker. On the other hand, there are great changes between Splatoon 1 and this game, such as the Checkpoints allowing for quicker progress once passed, while holding the Rainmaker feels faster than before.

I am hoping to get S for Splat Zones first or second so that it doesn't read like a certain word.

Thank you for reading.

At this point of time, I got A+ for all Ranked modes, which I am pretty proud of. My weapons of choices vary, but these are my favourite to use:

1) Rainmaker:
- Octobrush: The first weapon that gotten me success because it has a good close range offence. Autobombs are one of my favourite sub-weapons, and I feel it pairs well with this weapon. Inkjet is tough to use, but I can't deny that it puts pressure on the opponent.
- Aerospray RG: Ever since the changes in version 1.3, this airbrush is a solid pick. Not only does it cover turf quickly thanks to the main weapon + Sprinkler, which is important in transporting the Rainmaker and protecting your own territory, the Baller is very good at pressuring the opposition. This is the weapon that practically saved the Rainmaker games I lost during my A rank game. Ever since using this weapon, I lost like twice, one of them being against a team with one Luna Blaster.

2) Splat Zones
- Slosher: Sometimes I used this weapon because it does great damage and has Tenta Missiles for applying pressure and locating those that are affected.
- Splattershot Pro: It has great range and damage, which is why I find this weapon to be reliable because the range makes me more confident to confront the opposition. This is in Splat Zones mainly because of the Ink Cloud special, so it can cover turf well.
- Splash-o-Matic: The biggest surprise I found with this weapon is the fact that it practically doesn't have spread on the ground, and coupled with Toxic Mist, could do well in fights. Only problem is that it's not the furthest shooter, which makes 1v1 fights a huge risk. Still, its turf coverage is not bad

3) Tower Control
- Carbon Roller: When I started out from C-, I did really bad while finding my weapon of choice until I used the Carbon Roller, which I found to be great because it has a good kit at pressuring. Autobombs are actually very good with this weapon, I have found out, and the fact that Carbon's power at close range made it easy to decimate the opposition.
- Slosher: This is the weapon I love to use because it has enough range and great power to apply pressure behind walls and at higher platforms. The kit synergises decently with this, where the Suction Bomb's larger range makes it easier to splat, while Tenta Missiles is generally a great special in pressuring several opponents at once.

Thank you for reading.

A for Rainmaker, A- for Splat Zones, and unranked (C-?) for Tower Control.

Tower Control was my least favorite mode in Splatoon, so I haven't even bothered to play it yet.

Edit: Fixed rankings now that I have the game in front of me.

I'm b+ in tower defense
B in splat zones
B- in rainmaker (the worst mode)

As I mentioned in the "I just beat __" thread, I beat Splatoon 2's story mode. So, thoughts:
It's kind of disappointing that Callie was just possessed; I thought there would would be some reason she joined the Octarians. The cutscenes in the final battle were great, and the fact that you use the rainmaker was weird but awesome. Nice battle, but it was really too short and easy compared to the first game. Also the music in both phases of the battle was
thumbup.gif
. I now understand the whole #BringCallieBack thing, as it would have been better to make her standing around in Octo Canyon with Marie rather than just being nowhere.

I temporarily took a break from this game after the SNES Classic came out, but I’m now back to playing Splatoon 2.

Might as well post my main weapons:
  • Mini Splatling: I don’t normally like Splatlings, but great turf coverage combined with one of my favourite sub and specials makes this a good weapon to me.
  • .52 Gal: I was was looking for a weapon with good splating power and range, and this is a great option. Combine that with another one of my favourite sub and specials makes this weapon my personal favourite.

I mentioned this earlier on the "What game did you just played" thread, but I effectively 100%-ed Octo Canyon and purchased all the hero weapon replicas. I gotta say that I'm a little disappointed by the lack of a completion bonus like maybe having a secret boss or even just having Callie show up in the hub world for some extra dialogue and banter with Marie, but it's fine either way.

As for the multiplayer side of things, I've mostly been focusing on grinding my squid up to level 30 so I can have access to all the weapons in Sheldon's Shop but I am currently at 23 so it'll probably be awhile. I switched from primarily using the Aerospray MG to the Custom Splatershot Jr. since even though it doesn't cover as much ground it does pack more of a punch and I prefer Ink Storm to Curling Bombs.

Still haven't gotten into ranked matches yet. Mainly because I'm rather paranoid that I might still be too scrubby for it. *Twiddles thumbs*

But when I do feel more up to it, I might try out rainmaker first.

--

Also I tried out the Marie amiibo, it grants some nifty gear and saves your current set-up/gear.

Jk1DjG2.jpg

Marie the best squid★ said:
Mainly because I'm rather paranoid that I might still be too scrubby for it. *Twiddles thumbs*
Winning is temporary. Looking cool is forever.

Marie the best squid★ said:
As for the multiplayer side of things, I've most been focusing on grinding my squid up to level 30 so I can have access to all the weapons in Sheldon's Shop but I am currently at 23 so it'll probably be awhile. I switched from primarily using the Aerospray MG to the Custom Splatershot Jr. since even though it doesn't cover as much ground it does pack more of a punch and I prefer Ink Storm to Curling Bombs.

Still haven't gotten into ranked matches yet. Mainly because I'm rather paranoid that I might still be too scrubby for it. *Twiddles thumbs*

But when I do feel more up to it, I might try out rainmaker first.

Did you use the Meal Tickets? That will help a lot because Splatoon 2 requires a lot of experience to level-up. Perhaps you can play with different weapons because Freshness Bonus is how you can get decent experience also. And if you do manage to reach Level 30, next time you can talk to Judd for Super Sea Snails for every level you reach (it will accumulate, so don't worry about gaining 2+ levels before talking to him).

I think Rainmaker is an alright place to start, but I like Splat Zones as a starting point because its objective is easier to understand (paint the zone and defend it). If you do attempt Rainmaker, sometimes you need to know when to push the Rainmaker, when to shoot, but more importantly, support the teammates that carry the Rainmaker.

Thank you for reading.

Yeah I've been using the meal tickets since I accumulated a bunch of them back in Octo Canyon, they've came in handy on speeding things up a bit. Didn't know that tidbit about Judd though, thanks for the tip.

Alrighty, I'll start out with Splat Zones instead.

--Edit--

Also at level 25 now.

--Edit--

Back