2001: A Mario Odyssey

I'm probably the last person on the forums to get this game, but I think I am going to get it soon.

It looks fun! Am I too late?

Too late for what?

Anyways, you’ll love it, that’s what I can say based on my experience.

better late than never

I play Mario games which are years or even decades old on a regular basis. You will be fine.

I just think she's worried at a point where no one will talk about this game regularly any more, having a difficult time getting a conversation started because people are pretty much done talking about it since it became old news at that point.

Felonius Gru said:
It'll never be irrelevant :new:
I don't think a single 3D Mario has been irrelevant. Maybe except 3D Land. Even the wretched Sunshine, I don't consider "irrelevant".

Julia-BM said:
I'm probably the last person on the forums to get this game, but I think I am going to get it soon.

At this point, it's still not too late since this game is still quite fresh in everyone's minds. However, I can relate to this, because last time when I completed Super Mario 3D World or Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition and posted about them in their respective threads, I was so late in my impressions that practically nobody responded, since at that time everyone else moved on. I imagine something similar might happen in Mario + Rabbids (which I recently bought thanks to the Ubisoft discount).

Thank you for reading.

You should've seen his face when I gave him an inner tube in Tostarena, switched to just swimtrunks with Doctor Mario's stethoscope in Shiveria, only to switch into full-on Parka in Luncheon Kingdom.

you also killed him to get purple coins

like, aren't there coins where you can just kill yourself getting rather than the "legit" way?

Yeah, I did this in Luncheon Kingdom. Right at the beginning, there are Purple Coins over the lava, and you're supposed to use Lava Bubble to reach there. I just leaped right into there and died. Much faster that way. Not recommended if you have that health upgrade though.

Also, Yoshi's fruits are considered counted too if you eat them, learned that the hard way tho.

winstein said:
Julia-BM said:

At this point, it's still not too late since this game is still quite fresh in everyone's minds. However, I can relate to this, because last time when I completed Super Mario 3D World or Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition and posted about them in their respective threads, I was so late in my impressions that practically nobody responded, since at that time everyone else moved on. I imagine something similar might happen in Mario + Rabbids (which I recently bought thanks to the Ubisoft discount).

Thank you for reading.
At the very least, the story DLC might keep it alive a bit longer.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Yeah, I did this in Luncheon Kingdom. Right at the beginning, there are Purple Coins over the lava, and you're supposed to use Lava Bubble to reach there. I just leaped right into there and died. Much faster that way. Not recommended if you have that health upgrade though.
I did that too. First thing I did in the Luncheon Kingdom.

Luigi fans rejoice! A new Super Mario Odyssey update will make way for Luigi to show up all over the world, this time with balloons. Will be updated on February though.

Thank you for reading.

Yeah! Luigi! And there is also Sunshine Shades and Outfit! (Along with Musician Hat and Outfit and Knight Helmet and Armor). From what I can tell, the two new filters shown are Neon and NSMB2 theme coin.

Pretty funny seeing a guy who for all intents and purposes is a parody of the "knight in shining armour who saves the damsel" cliche now wearing proper armor.

Luigi_SMO.png

A bowtie and hung by a balloon, I love it and Luigi's really cute in that getup. :)

I'm so happy you made it in, Luigi!

Wait... Luigi with a bow tie... aside from some color differences, that's me! :eek: But, this means he probably won't be playable . . . . . . .

I like the new outfits, but that Sunshine outfit could use a nice Isle Delfino to go with it. :waluigi:

Back