2001: A Mario Odyssey

Hey at least he’s in gotta accept his presence whatever he appears as...

Well maybe except cameo.

i hope they made a luigi mode eventually, he looks so cute with the extra accesories for the Balloon Mode.

But he has way more potential than just that.

infinite8 said:
Luigi's in!

...as NPC.
And I'm fine with that. I just want to SEE Luigi in video game person. That's my low expectations given how picky Nintendo is with existing characters.

To be honest I don't really want a Luigi mode in this game unless the story gets a good shaking up to accommodate it. Because Wedding Luigi proposing to Wedding Peach would be.....weird.

I've seen weirder.

I mean, given how the Wedding outfit isn't even required to wear for the final cutscene, Peach has seen some *bleep*.

We're talking about the team who made Luigi who talked to Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy, so Luigi proposing to Peach would already be an higher standard in my book...

Luigi proposing to Peach would at least make more sense than Luigi proposing to Daisy, the damsel from a game Luigi wasn't even in. I'd be interested if her reaction changes, if she already rejects Mario and if you recall how she treated Luigi after rescuing him in Super Princess Peach, yikes.

This update will mark his seventeenth appearance in a Super Mario game, seperately counting sequels but not remakes. By this standard there are twenty Super Mario games total. You're getting there, Luigi!

I would support that

2018 YFJ said:
This update will mark his seventeenth appearance in a Super Mario game, seperately counting sequels but not remakes. By this standard there are twenty Super Mario games total. You're getting there, Luigi!
Am I missing one? I can only think of 19, including Yoshi's Island and both Mario Land titles.

Felonius Gru said:
Now all they need to do is go back and release updates for the Super Mario Land games and Super Mario Sunshine and he can be in all of them!
2018 YFJ said:
They're releasing the update near Luigi's 35th anniversary. Yay for Luigi!
2019 is also Super Mario Land's 30th Anniversary, and by relation, Daisy's. So if they did release an updated Super Mario Land with Luigi in it to commemorate both anniversaries, it'd be in the first half of that year.

2018 YFJ said:
I actually wasn't including Yoshi's Island, although maybe I should. I was including Land, Land 2, Maker, and Run.
oh yeah, i forgot run existed

also i wasnt counting maker because that game's more about making levels than playing them

https://twitter.com/RandomTBush/status/953109675804889088

A bunch of very interesting tweets by my favorite ripper, RandomTalkingBush! Contains unused hint art and an unused reskinned 3D World Mario model. Plus, model information about Mario and Luigi and Bowser.

Including all submeshes (eyelids and hat/hatless), Mario's default model has 12,983 polygons, and his high-resolution mesh for things like the pause screen has 27,167. Bowser has 36,003 with his suit and 24,232 without.

Textures are still pretty small overall, though! :P But the diffuse textures look great on Luigi.

DTofV3bVQAAvP_i.jpg:large

Luigi was planned to be in Odyssey before the free DLC, he has model files in there.

Also, the "sprites" in the 2D segments are technically models, so the ripper, RandomTalkingBush, recreated them as sprites.

why is luigi wearing a backpack?

I guess it's for the balloons or something.

Even MORE cut content found. Description for a zombie outfit.

Zombie Outfit

When an outfit crosses the line
between "distressed" and "undead."

There's also a Link amiibo Outfit.

This outfit from another land comes complete
with back accessories (sadly nonremovable).

Quite disappointed we didn't get that Link Outfit, but who knows maybe we'll get a second update after the Luigi one that will finally add them in.

So far to my knowledge we've only got a vague "Available this February", so I imagine it won't be that long of a wait from now. :luigi:

Back