Mario Party: Star Rush

Don't want no fight here, broths, leave it somewhere else ;)

Speaking of broths, it's not Spaghettio's artwork though, it's just stock art that so happens to be on a can of Spaghettio's

Toadette being playable is the sole reason I'd regret not purchasing this tbh

Stock art, my bad.

Sorry about bringing the other thing up. I don't really visit this place that much anymore. I came back to see how this place was doing and when I saw her posting here, I couldn't help but post about it. It's no secret that we have a bad history with each other, lol.

Well, two users (greatdimentio and McmadnessV3) also got in a fist fight with greatdimentio ending up perma-banned. Wouldn't that to happen, right?

Always amuses me when people add the V3 part. It's only there because of necessity.

I wouldn't really call it a fist fight. More like a series of repetitive debates that never resolved. I dont think they hate each other or anything.

Banana said:
Oh great. So not only is Swiftie plaguing GameFAQs with her awful comments, but she's plaguing this forum as well. That's just great! >_>

It's nice to see that this game isn't going to use the Spaghettio's box-art. That would've been laughable if that remained unchanged. I like how they made Toadette very noticeable on the cover. I'll admit, that's pretty cool. Nice to see her getting some love in this regard.

Thanks for appearing so i can ignore you here too.

Not only you are a stalker and a psycho but also a terrible human being , and yes there's reasons for me to say this.

I genuinely feel sorry for you in many ways.

LOL if you actually think I'm a stalker. I'm actually offended by that to be honest. Anymore slander or are you done?

Well , not on my end though. I never brought other sites or people inside here , nor include ''petty drama'' from other places in this topic. So i'm washing my hands on that issue.

This is what matters in the end.

This came out yesterday , and it has barely background sounds which i appreaciate so you can hear the actual game.

Some minigames not featured in other gameplays and a better look to the Blooper Boss battle is what i take fromthis video.

I also don't appreciate being called a psycho. Just saying. For the record, I was visiting this site at random when I saw your username under one of the topics.

If defending myself from your lies gets me banned, so be it. It's just that no one should have to deal with what I'm going through right now when it comes to you. You've poisoned GameFAQs and the Mario Kart Wii website that Inviso runs. It would be a shame if the same thing happened here.

enough with the insults and porting of drama from elsewhere, thanks

Honestly this is a very unfair situation.

For starters , i came into this topic , everything is fine and all.

I had a discussion just now with another person about MP1 being unfair and etc , while the discussion was turning very long , as i said , i didn't want to go on ''Tug o War'' with it so i said so , in order to end it for me as i didn't want to make it a bigger deal. We can agree to disagree and that's perfectly fine.

Now , Banana took the opportunity to insert himself , as usual in a discussion that has nothing to do with him , and tries to antagonize my character.

Starting with that , it becomes unfair , because people are pretending that i actually wanted to be included in whatever goes on his end , when that's clearly not true.

It's also unfair because , even with my strong personality and way to post , i really didn't go beyond the line to disrespect anybody in this topic in a personal way and yet i'm being attacked and portrayed a certain way.

I didn't really go off topic , and instead stayed in the ''Mario Party'' area , as this is a topic for Star Rush.

I will excuse myself , but if i do , i'm certain people would say it's fake , not true and etc.

That being said , i exclude myself from this narrative , considering i never asked to be part of it , i'm done replying about this ''petty drama'' that somehow has to do with me according to some , when i never asked to be inside it.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Long post with words in it.
Whether or not you started the situation or didn't want to be in it, you did nothing to try and stop it, in fact doing the opposite by returning insult for insult, which simply adds fuel to the fire. Stopping an arguement can be as simple as ignoring a post, you do not need to have the last word by retaliating.

Now can you both get back on topic please.

If this is what it was like all those times I'm so sorry.

Anywho, the mini games look to be as fun as ever.

Jesus, I stop paying attention for a while and suddenly everything happens at once.

Anyway, Swiftie_Luma, regardless of how "cringey" you find my comments and how hostile you're acting, there is one thing you are correct about: Our argument is without purpose. I have made the point that several Mario Party titles have their fair share of bullshit, and multiple people have responded in congruence, supplying lists of their own impressions of questionable game elements from all across the series, not just the first one. That is enough for me.

Swiftie_Luma said:
I will excuse myself , but if i do , i'm certain people would say it's fake , not true and etc.

Also, unrelated, but this is a very poor reason to withhold an apology. An apology is an admittance of regret for what you think was a transgression and a promise to make an honest attempt not to repeat said transgression. It is NOT a tool to elicit a certain reaction (i.e. instant forgiveness) from who you're apologizing to, and said reaction should not neither be the driving force, nor the ultimate goal behind it.

If you feel like apologizing, apologize. If you don't, don't. And if people refuse to accept your apology, prove them wrong by not repeating the same transgression and bettering yourself. That's apologizing 101.

It's kinda bittersweet that there's new box art. The new one is better, but the old one was funnier because it looked like they forgot to give it a proper background and just left the transparency layer there.

Well, the new one kinda looks like that a bit as well, but at least they blended a blue gradient over it.

Honestly, I think the newer one looks worse. The first one looked like a single PNG, but at least it has a certain charm in its simplistic laziness. The new one, on the other hand, looks like they threw a bunch of pre-existing artwork they had lying around into one image without any care for coherency. The few characters at the front look fine, but everyone in the background seems so disjointed and unconnected to each other.

As I get older, I tend to appreciate the box art for games better, and Mario is no exception. I love that there is a lot going on, and everything looks well-textured. Although the environments doesn't look like it had much variety, the style between realism and cartoon quite makes up for it.

Looks like the 8 main Mario Party characters appear as characters available right from the start, and if I were to guess, it's possible to unlock the other four if you scan their amiibo as one of its functions. If that's the case, it might not be as much fun to unlock them, but I would appreciate saving time from unlocking 4 characters to 1 (Toadette's the only one without an amiibo at the point of this game's release).

Thanks for reading.

I like boxarts that are a mess with characters than plain and boring ones. It makes the art far more interesting to look at and admire, and this box is no exception. Screw coherency.

Gotta agree with the fact that Daisy is literally copy pasted in the background though.

Even Diddy Kong , who actually looks out of place looking at the infinity doing nothing at all , has a shadow on his feet.

If only this actually meant that each render would get a solo , higher quality version ... but that's unlikely.

Back