Video game series that should come back?

There needs to be a new Advance Wars game.

Glitchy said:

What if there's an Advance Wars Fire Emblem crossover?

They seem to ignore that franchise in favor of Fire Emblem which kinda sucks.

Clock Tower series :(

There was a spin off called Nightcry released recently , but it was supported by a kickstarter campaing aka low budget game , and it wasn't that good.

It's cool , but not that good to be honest.

Haunting Ground was the BOMB the game is a hidden gem of Capcom .

Baby Luigi said:
Glitchy said:

What if there's an Advance Wars Fire Emblem crossover?

They seem to ignore that franchise in favor of Fire Emblem which kinda sucks.

A crossover would be cool and it would be awesome to see say Max take on Hector, but I really want to see a full Advance Wars game again, it would be great on 3DS. Maybe Intelligent Systems is working on one now that they're mostly done with Fire Emblem Fates? I would also rather have the old, more lighthearted style with Andy, Max, Sami and co. than the new gritty Days of Ruin style.

I don't know that I'd like it "back", but a .hack HD compilation is something I'd enjoy having.

supermariofan said:
I should be happy that Crash is back...but I'm not considering he gets the Skylanders treatment.

As someone who never had a chance to play more than just the demo of the first game, I'm pretty interested in the upcoming collection.

I would like to see another Balloon Fight game, and although some people would like to see a new Ice Climber (no doubt thanks to Smash Bros.), I thought it would be interesting if they are relegated to just one original game.

Thanks for reading.

shadow hearts.

i freaking love every game in that series, i wish there was more.

ETERNAL. DARKNESS.

I love this game so much. The sanity meter concept is something I've seen several times since, but not executed quite as well as it was here (sorry Amnesia). The concept is fascinating and the general theming in the aesthetic and character design might've been a source of some inspiration for the darker aspects of Tales of Windsong.

It's a damn shame this game never got a sequel, because I would love to see this universe explored again. I'm a huuuuge sucker for Lovecraftian themes in games, and this game pulled it off really well!

I would also love a resurgence of Okami and Spore as mentioned by others on an earlier page, ESPECIALLY Spore considering how far gaming has come since 2008. Imagine how much more we could do, what awesome creatures we could make with modern day graphics and tech! Ohhhh my god it'd be so awesome SPORE 2 WHEN

This is probably a very obscure game by the standards of this forum, but I am interested to see the direction Chip's Challenge would take. The sequel Chip's Challenge 2 got a release on Steam last year, but that was a release of a game that was made in the 90's that was not allowed to be published (due to the publisher's insistence on pushing the cost of publishing to the developers, which is absurd given the publisher's role).

The developer Chuck Somerville got to develop a spiritual successor named Chuck's Challenge, which is similar to Chip's Challenge, so on that front he got to develop the game he wanted. When comparing both the second game and Chuck's Challenge, the latter game got some things that simplify the experience, but the fact of the matter is, the elements are different from the traditional Chip's Challenge elements.

Therefore, a sequel to Chip's Challenge 2 would be something I am interested in, even though at this point it's not as popular as before. They could refine the framework laid out by Chip's Challenge 2 and make a definitive experience, perhaps giving the series closure (even this series doesn't need one).

Thanks for reading.

*ahem*

Here we go.
F-ZERO
Super Mario Galaxy
New Super Mario Bros.
MegaMan Legends (never played it but it seems fun)
Half-Life (same deal)
Portal (again)
Team Fortress
MegaMan X
Regular 3D Zelda
Final Fantasy
Star Fox
Sonic Adventure
Kirby 3D Rumble
WELCOME TO MARIO KART-A!

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself said:
Super Mario Galaxy
You want Galaxy 3, just play the 3D World postgame as Rosalina. Enough said.

Anyway, I'd really like a new NSMB and especially a new M&L. I'd also certainly like a Sunshine 2 or Odyssey 2. Also, Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble 2 should be released already. It would be a great idea to demonstrate the connectivity between Switch and mobile devices (and could finally give Kirby a mobile presence already).

Dream Stone Spirit said:
Super Mario Galaxy
Have you even played a Mario Galaxy game? Simply having a move from Galaxy does not suddenly make 3D World have similar level design or gameplay.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Dream Stone Spirit said:
Super Mario Galaxy
Have you even played a Mario Galaxy game? Simply having a move from Galaxy does not suddenly make 3D World have similar level design or gameplay.
I've beaten Galaxy 1 and gotten 100% on Galaxy 2. Galaxy 2 is my favorite game of all time. Of course I've played a Galaxy game.

I'm just saying that Galaxy 3 isn't happening (nor should it), and that the closest we have is the four postgame worlds of 3D World played with Rosalina. It's more than just the fact that Rosalina has the spin move. The level design, themes, and soundtrack of the postgame worlds is heavily inspired by Galaxy, and it's very different from the rest of 3D World. And the green stars, which originated in Galaxy, just top it all off

How dare you compare 3D World postgame with Galaxy.

In fact how dare anyone compare any game to Galaxy.

a furry said:

Galaxy was a great game, but I rank it as the second weakest 3D Mario due to just how pathetically easy it is (sometimes to an extent that it's outright boring). Galaxy 2 was better in every possible way.

F Zero, Starfox, Epic Mickey (one of my favourite VG series ever), and Paper Mario.

There might be other ones, but saying all of them would be difficult.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
a furry said:

Galaxy was a great game, but I rank it as the second weakest 3D Mario due to just how pathetically easy it is (sometimes to an extent that it's outright boring). Galaxy 2 was better in every possible way.

Interesting opinion.

But I hardly consider the difficulty something to lightly take in big consideration in regards to rating how spectacular this game truly is. As horribly as have aged the graphics according to some, it is still quite a beautiful game to look at, space certainly feels more like space compared to Galaxy 2, the soundtrack is even better, the climax felt more epic, and the cutscenes were breathtaking...

You could say I'm kinda biased, but at the same time negating all these things just because of the difficulty just feels so wrong, imo. The game also has a fair share of very hard levels. Have you actually beaten it yet? Because I'd hardly consider this game "too easy".

But seeing as you played the sequel before... that may have affected your opinion. Even then, I see Galaxy 2 as simply a nice collection of Galaxy-inspired landmasses... if you can call them landmasses at all.

Back