Things that you think Mario Kart can improve upon or should add.

Discord said:
Also, I think you should be able to switch between the normal gameplay style and the style of Double Dash

Use the tank from Mario Kart Arcade GP DX

there, problem solved

Pi said:
Incorporate 200cc into every game and design a 250cc difficulty level. Furthermore, have it so that the engine class for mirror isn't a fixed 150cc, but instead make it customisable so the player can select the engine class whilst playing mirror mode.
Also Mirror option in Time Trials

I know rubber banding seems to be a problem but I kind of liked it. At times when racing I felt alone in First Place, not saying you are supposed to have a big lead but it gets boring and no action happens. In Mario Kart 8, if you looked at the Minimap racers were spread out, in GCN Dry Dry Desert, you had racers already getting to their 2nd lap and then the leaders entering the sinkhole area and it really bothered me how there was never a big clump of racers. MK8 gave us a challenge but it still didn't seem good enough. I don't know how to exactly put this but don't spread out the racers so much!

Have 10 to 12 cups instead of just 8.
Make courses longer again like they were in 64 and DD. MK8 courses takes anywhere from a minute and 30 seconds to a bit over 2 minutes. In 64 and DD, courses spanned up to 2 minutes and 40 seconds, and even longer, but don't have them be long and boring.

Have the choice of how you want split screen, vertical or horizontal, I'm not sure if people were bothered by it in MK8, I don't have any opinion on it, but I prefer to have more choices.

Magikrazy said:
Big Rigs mode

You know what I mean

If I mod Mario Kart 8 and know what values to change that's possible.

YoshiGo99 said:
Have 10 to 12 cups instead of just 8.

MK8 already did this sorta when they added DLC

not only should there be a mirror mode but a backwards mode

That sounds pointless.

Shhhh don't tell it to him.

You were also lucky you got away with calling Mario overrated.

Mario is one of the more well-liked characters in the franchise, but he doesn't compare to Luigi or Yoshi, and he's often said to be boring and forgettable. There aren't a lot of people who'd genuinely rank Mario as #1 favorite.

That doesn't sound like overrated to me.

ok but Nintendo is clearly biased toward him

I mean he's the lead in every single game, he's always in front in the 3D World credit scene (he should be third or second: I did everything with Toad and he should be first), and others

A company treating their mascot like a mascot?! What nerve! Why, you'd think he was the main character of the franchise or something!

I know but there are so many

and also he's the first on every single list of characters in a game

Cat Gray said:

I mean he's the lead in every single game, he's always in front in the 3D World credit scene (he should be third or second: I did everything with Toad and he should be first), and others
Well yeah, he's the main character of not only Nintendo's best-selling series, but the best-selling series.

I'm surprised he's not on their logo, next to that grey oval.

Magikrazy said:
Cat Gray said:

Well yeah, he's the main character of not only Nintendo's best-selling series, but the best-selling series.

I get that, but they over-emphasize Mario (i.e. five different Marios in MK8 with only two Luigis)

whoops

and also four Peachs

Peach, PGP, Baby Peach, Cat Peach

but still only two Luigis

Cat Gray said:
I get that, but they over-emphasize Mario (i.e. five different Marios in MK8 with only two Luigis)

Hey, at least the first Luigi is the best character in the game.

I'm talking about Baby Luigi guys.

Cat Gray said:
Magikrazy said:
Cat Gray said:

And Peach's fine, too?

I get that there's a ton of Marios in Mario Kart, but Tanooki Mario is the only really dumb addition. Pink Gold Peach has less of a reason to be here than Metal Mario (and it's not like Metal Mario's an amazing addition either even though I love him).

That there is an equal amount of a fruity woman than the man himself tells more about that woman, honestly.

Baby Luigi said:
Cat Gray said:

Hey, at least the first Luigi is the best character in the game.

I'm talking about Baby Luigi guys.
Mario's the first Luigi.

No, Baby Luigi is. Chronological wise. Baby Mario is a Baby Mario, before you include him

Back