Things that you think Mario Kart can improve upon or should add.

Baby Luigi said:
Car damage is an absolutely idiotic concept to add into Mario Kart. Please don't add it.

YES

please this idea is so ridiculous imo

MnSG said:
Magikrazy said:
Nice balancing. I'd probably add Wiggler and Pianta to Cruiser and Verdigris Luigi and Orange Gold Daisy to Metal.

Cruiser would be for the tall and thin, which is the case for Rosalina and Waluigi. Pianta, however, is on the bulky side (much like with Donkey Kong and Roy Koopa), so he'd be more of a Mid-Heavy character, if not Heavy.
Alright, well who else would be fine for Cruiser then?

Baby Luigi said:
Car damage is an absolutely idiotic concept to add into Mario Kart. Please don't add it.

The only game I know of that does this is Network Q RAC Rally Championship but it's not visual. The GTA series is visual with it's car damage, but that's an open world kind of game.

Magikrazy said:
MnSG said:
Magikrazy said:
Nice balancing. I'd probably add Wiggler and Pianta to Cruiser and Verdigris Luigi and Orange Gold Daisy to Metal.

Cruiser would be for the tall and thin, which is the case for Rosalina and Waluigi. Pianta, however, is on the bulky side (much like with Donkey Kong and Roy Koopa), so he'd be more of a Mid-Heavy character, if not Heavy.
Oh wait. Mona.

No more meaningless clones, better rosters, more characters, return of battle courses since MK7, Remove Blooper and Coin item, a course builder, and a custom item limitation for VS and Battle.

Magikrazy said:

Cruiser and Metal have less reps, due to the character size abnormalities that are associated with them. All the small-sized characters are lighter than the medium-sized characters, but Cruiser (a large-sized weight class) has the same weight as Medium (a medium-sized weight class), while Metal (a medium-sized weight class) has the same weight as Heavy (a large-sized weight class).

Mid-Heavy (a large-sized weight class) is like the balance between Cruiser and Metal in the acceleration, weight, traction, and mini-turbo department, but all three of those weight classes would share the exact same speed and handling stats.

Baby Luigi said:
Why is it weird that I want car damage but for only aesthetic reasons?

Snoopy said:
a course builder

WOOT

Nintendo get in here you need to see this

I mean like this has been my dream since like right now forever ago

Dr. Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:

If it's only for aesthetic reasons, maybe...? Should be a battle mode exclusive thing if anything.

Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:

If it's only for aesthetic reasons, maybe...? Should be a battle mode exclusive thing if anything.
It should be present, period. If there's something to brag about after being bombarded Spiny Shell after Spiny Shell, it's indication you still made it out alive. But if you decide to target Wario, it would be also hella satisfying to see his car in ruins, and he's last place.

MnSG said:
Magikrazy said:

Cruiser and Metal have less reps, due to the character size abnormalities that are associated with them. All the small-sized characters are lighter than the medium-sized characters, but Cruiser (a large-sized weight class) has the same weight as Medium (a medium-sized weight class), while Metal (a medium-sized weight class) has the same weight as Heavy (a large-sized weight class).

Mid-Heavy (a large-sized weight class) is like the balance between Cruiser and Metal in the acceleration, weight, traction, and mini-turbo department, but all three of those weight classes would share the exact same speed and handling stats.
Well I don't know about all that, but the two classes with only two reps is driving me crazy. So were that me, Wiggler, Mona, Verdigris Luigi, and Orange Gold Daisy.

You know more about this stuff than me, but that's just what i would do.

Although you should definitely put a Wario character in. If you can fit every Donkey Kong character, you can fit one Wario character.

Magikrazy said:
Well I don't know about all that, but the two classes with only two reps is driving me crazy. So were that me, Wiggler, Mona, Verdigris Luigi, and Orange Gold Daisy.

You know more about this stuff than me, but that's just what i would do.

Although you should definitely put a Wario character in. If you can fit every Donkey Kong character, you can fit one Wario character.

If you asked me, Mona would more fit the Mid-Light weight class, alongside Peach and Yoshi. Of course, that's just me, and we all have our own personal opinions on the roster dilemma.

Magikrazy said:
Yeah, I guess so. This thing is just driving me crazy.

Oh, wait. What about Weird Mario?

If my roster example is driving you crazy, you could always design your own.

Anyway, I guess if a WarioWare rep was to appear in Mario Kart, Mona or Ashley would be the best picks. But they'd most likely be treated as middleweights, since neither of them are tall enough to rival Rosalina's height.

Jimmy T. is probably the only WarioWare character who would actually meet the Cruiser weight class's criteria of tall and thin characters; all the other WarioWare employees are either shorter, or bulkier than him.

MnSG said:
2: No acceleration tiers.

It stinks knowing that acceleration is tiered in Mario Kart 8. For an example, 3.25 acceleration should be able to accelerate quicker than 3 acceleration. I did design a list, in regards to how to improve the acceleration stat.

Seconds to reach 75% top speed
  • 1/6: 5 seconds
  • 1.25/6: 4.75 seconds
  • 1.5/6: 4.5 seconds
  • 1.75/6: 4.25 seconds
  • 2/6: 4 seconds
  • 2.25/6: 3.75 seconds
  • 2.5/6: 3.5 seconds
  • 2.75/6: 3.25 seconds
  • 3/6: 3 seconds
  • 3.25/6: 2.75 seconds
  • 3.5/6: 2.5 seconds
  • 3.75/6: 2.25 seconds
  • 4/6: 2 seconds
  • 4.25/6: 1.75 seconds
  • 4.5/6: 1.5 seconds
  • 4.75/6: 1.25 seconds
  • 5/6: 1 second
  • 5.25/6: 15/16 of a second
  • 5.5/6: 7/8 of a second
  • 5.75/6: 13/16 of a second
Seconds to reach max. top speed
  • 1/6: 10 seconds
  • 1.25/6: 9.5 seconds
  • 1.5/6: 9 seconds
  • 1.75/6: 8.5 seconds
  • 2/6: 8 seconds
  • 2.25/6: 7.5 seconds
  • 2.5/6: 7 seconds
  • 2.75/6: 6.5 seconds
  • 3/6: 6 seconds
  • 3.25/6: 5.5 seconds
  • 3.5/6: 5 seconds
  • 3.75/6: 4.5 seconds
  • 4/6: 4 seconds
  • 4.25/6: 3.5 seconds
  • 4.5/6: 3 seconds
  • 4.75/6: 2.5 seconds
  • 5/6: 2 seconds
  • 5.25/6: 1.875 seconds
  • 5.5/6: 1.75 seconds
  • 5.75/6: 1.625 seconds

Actually, in 200cc acceleration is tiered but every acceleration value differs from the others in term of actual acceleration. This means that 4.75 accelerates more than 4.5, but much less than 5.0. If you read the new 200cc section in the Wiki you'll see. Also, Traction in 200cc has actually a meaning, due to the very high speed. You can immediately see that in Neo Bowser City, where the tunnel sections are much easier to drive in than the under-the-rain sections.

Mister Wu said:
Actually, in 200cc acceleration is tiered but every acceleration value differs from the others in term of actual acceleration. This means that 4.75 accelerates more than 4.5, but much less than 5.0. If you read the new 200cc section in the Wiki you'll see. Also, Traction in 200cc has actually a meaning, due to the very high speed. You can immediately see that in Neo Bowser City, where the tunnel sections are much easier to drive in than the under-the-rain sections.

Still, I've seen someone who managed to maintain the lead at Neo Bowser City for most of the race with even a 1.25/6 traction combo. If even a combo with the worst traction ever can successfully win at Neo Bowser City, then the traction stat definitely needs to be looked at more.

And of course, not everyone enjoys the 200cc, so if you're playing the 150cc or lower, then that information is pretty much worthless.

Well, the developers chose to maintain the original classes as they were in version 3.0, bugs included. After all, this can be good for all the competitive players who learned to use all these exploits (which were pretty useful from a competitive point of view since I don't think 150cc is that difficult from a driving point of view) and it also maintained the current Time Trial world records valid. Those who want a fixed version of MK8 can try 200cc, that tries to compensate the much lack of exploits with much more difficult driving due to the increased speed and the new braking technique which must be used in some tracks.
Regarding Traction, I would agree that it could have been more useful but we must see how expert that player was, I think the point is not making things impossible for low Traction combination, only much more difficult.

Mister Wu said:
Regarding Traction, I would agree that it could have been more useful but we must see how expert that player was, I think the point is not making things impossible for low Traction combination, only much more difficult.

The ironic part is that in Mario Kart 7, the Slick and Gold Tires were just plain awful for Neo Bowser City, since they hindered handling AND off-road. All the other tires can do well with either high handling or high off-road.

Okay, I know that the last post was half a month ago, but I just have to say my idea.

Two words: Shop Mode.
Finally putting use to the Coin system. It’s very similar to Mario Party 8’s Fun Bazaar, in that you choose a character to go into the shopping area. You can buy vehicle parts, alternate costumes, new cups (not including the standard eight), battle courses, and more!

Nathaniel Bandy's recent video also opened my eyes to the possibility of a hub world.

Lastly, City Trial. Kirby Air Ride ftw.

Back