Things that you think Mario Kart can improve upon or should add.

Air Conditioner said:
Also, I wouldn't miss the coin in the slightest if it was gone next game, same with Blooper. They're pretty useless items and it sucks to get one and then not have any viable offense or defense thus wasting the item box you just hit.
Blooper could be playable then.

Magikrazy said:
Pwwnd123 said:
Great Scott! I came up with a great idea of having the DeLorean as a car in a Mario Kart game.
It is so unique to feature. It can be a great DLC car.
If you exceed 88 mph, you're taken back to the previous Mario Kart.
I don't think I might generate the 1.21 gigawatts to do that.

Air Conditioner said:
Blooper is still disappointing to get especially since you usually get them when you need speed or offensive items to catch up.

i kinda feel this is reserved mostly for MK8 , since well , the items are horrible in that game.

I hope Deluxe fixes this.

Bring back Wario Colosseum in MK9, but do not make it a three-section course. It was already perfect with two laps, which I think MK8's N64 Rainbow Road should have had.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
I want the triple banana peels to be dragged behind you, not rotating around you.
OMG yes! That was so dumb. It defeats the whole point of the triple bananas and why they're my favorite item in the previous games.

If the Fake Item Box is brought back, I want it to have the properties of the one from MK64. That is:

It looks nearly identical to a real Item Box, the only difference being that the ? is upside down. For teams, the ¿ could be metallic red or blue.

The Fake Item Box can be set in midair and block shells.

I think more than anything, the character roster. It has been kinda a problem since Mario Kart Wii, and it only aggravated with every installment, culminating in... Pink Gold Peach in MK8 lmao

MK8DX iiiiiiiiis putting some improvement on the matter, but it's basically only fixing the situation to be tolerable, by only adding veteran characters (and yet still no Birdo or Diddy). OK, the guest characters are really cool, but that's what they are... Guests.

I mean, 3D World's representation in MK8 really shouldn't be limited to Cat Peach. I don't have anything against her inclusion (in fact, I actually like her and Tanooki Mario), but when even goddang Mario Tennis Ultra Smash did better by adding Sprixie, there's a huge problem. I'm still waiting to race as Plessie or Motley Bossblob... Heck if they wanted to put more reskin characters, why not Meowser?

It's weird that this is happening now, when you think about it: Double Dash covered Sunshine by adding King Boo and Petey; Wii covered Galaxy by adding Rosalina; and 8... Represented 3D World by adding Cat Peach... As DLC...

Another nice way they could beef up the roster is by making nice references to the Mario series's past. As in, adding the likes of Wart or Foreman Spike to the roster. It'd be unexpected and would diversify the selection a lot.

And don't even get me started how E. Gadd has never been playable, even after a lot of Luigi's Mansion-inspired courses and Dark Moon.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
The Fake Item Box can be set in midair and block shells.
This would just be OP then. Its purpose is already to trick players into hitting it, but allowing it to have the defensive properties of a shell or banana AND allowing midair placement seems too much like a "here, have an item that can be used as almost anything you might need it for" unless it can't be obtained by first place.

Also, not sure how midair placement would work when throwing them forward, since that's often used to attack players ahead of you, and if it got stuck in midair it wouldn't hit them. Maybe only apply that feature when dropping them backward (so it works over gaps, etc)

MrRoidley said:
It's weird that this is happening now, when you think about it: Double Dash covered Sunshine by adding King Boo and Petey

The King Boo from Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion aren't the same character.

Air Conditioner said:
This would just be OP then. Its purpose is already to trick players into hitting it, but allowing it to have the defensive properties of a shell or banana AND allowing midair placement seems too much like a "here, have an item that can be used as almost anything you might need it for" unless it can't be obtained by first place.

That would probably be the reason they nerfed it in Double Dash onwards.

Back