Should Mario Marry Princess Peach Toadstool and Luigi Marry Princess Daisy?

Should it happen?

• Yes, both Mario and Princess Peach Toadstool and Luigi and Princess Daisy should get married.

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • No, they should not.

Votes: 31 67.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Edo said:
I do have to say, however, that Tippy and Bleck's relationship does not discredit the theory, as they are from an entirely different world and thus have no impact on Mushroom Kingdom culture.

That's really the only thing that came up into mind when it comes to relationships in the Mario series, but considering that many aspects of the world in daily life mirrors Mushroom Kingdom and what normal people do aside from good character design I don't think it's that much of a stretch to also use it as an inspiration to talk about couples in the Mario series.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I can only offer my two cents on a twin relationship since, I hate to bore you, but we are in a twin relationship and not much people understand it IMO. Of course, every pair of twin is different and Mario and Luigi's characters aren't even developed by twins but that's the beauty of giving vague personalities, so we can fill them in.

Well , actually i think your perspective and BLOF's is quite relevant since you are actual twins , if that makes sense.

Though , to be honest i don't like the idea of Mario and Luigi going further than what Nintendo portrays them. Just my pov.

I understand. I, however, just want to get my point across and I hate reminding people all the time. But again, there are always new people coming, so I think it's necessary.

I don't think Nintendo will go further than close brothers since they don't have twins to consult about it anyway. It sometimes does seem like the two are nontwin siblings, with Mario's "older" traits being the more assertive and people seem to make a double-take when it's been stated that they are twins ("they can't be twins; Mario's the older and Luigi's the younger!").

On the flipside, I know next to nothing to how romantic relationships work, considering that I'm an aromantic myself and I can't get those feelings, even if I tried (and it's bothering me but I'll save that for another day). I might get some facts wrong with how something like a good MarioxPeach would work.

There's some verrrry circumstantial evidence that COULD be construed as instances of Mario and Peach having some sort of love life.

The original Paper Mario starts off with Mario being invited to a party that Peach is throwing. That in and of itself means nothing, as many guests are attending the festivities and Luigi is also invited. But then Peach requests to see Mario in private, and that is kind of noteworthy, because secluding yourself from your other friends to spend time with your significant other is something that a couple might do. It is also interesting that the game ends with both of them, alone and seemingly deliberately away from everyone else who attended the parade, watching the fireworks. No retainers, no Luigi, just the two of them together in a setting that, if the two were dating, would be very romantic.

Then there's the opening to Super Mario 64, where Peach invites Mario to come visit her at her place and eat cake together. We're never told who else is going to come. Could be just the two of them.

And lastly, it is also interesting how, in Super Mario Sunshine, Mario is allowed to accompany Peach on her vacation. A vacation to which she's only brought a handful of retainers with her, and none of her other friends (like Luigi).

All of these scenarios have potential to be romantic in nature, and Peach could have been planning these situations as dates, before Bowser interrupted them. And since we only usually get to see the parts of these two's lives whenever something goes wrong (as otherwise it would make for a very boring game), it stands to reason that more of these types of get-togethers happen off-screen. And thus, provided they are romantically interested in each other, they would be dating.

Now, as I said, all of this is highly incidental. Every situation that could be read as a date could also be read as them just being very close platonic friends. There's no definitive proof for or against it, and trying to force a conclusive answer would lead us into the realm of complete fanwank.

Personally, I'm not too fond of this couple though. I think they're kind of bland together.

I have very good news about this!

http://www.suppermariobroth.com/post/161978403880/there-is-a-design-parallel-between-the-mario-bros

There is a design parallel between the Mario Bros. and the princesses traditionally paired up with them. The number of eyelashes on Princess Peach’s eyes - six - matches the number of curved segments in Mario’s mustache. Likewise, Princess Daisy has two eyelashes on each eye, which matches Luigi’s two-segment mustache.

Rosalina's visible eye has six eyelashes.

Likewise, Wario's mustache has six pointed edges on each sides.

Rosalina's true love isn't Luigi, it's Wario.

Baby Luigi's face looks like Kibidango, so his design is based off that thing.

memoryman3 said:

http://www.suppermariobroth.com/post/161978403880/there-is-a-design-parallel-between-the-mario-bros

There is a design parallel between the Mario Bros. and the princesses traditionally paired up with them. The number of eyelashes on Princess Peach’s eyes - six - matches the number of curved segments in Mario’s mustache. Likewise, Princess Daisy has two eyelashes on each eye, which matches Luigi’s two-segment mustache.
That could mean that Daisy is to Peach what Luigi is to Mario, barring the fact that Daisy and Peach are not actually siblings. In other words, it could be interpreted to mean that Peach and Daisy are partners just like Mario and Luigi rather than what you're implying. Or, more likely, it's just a coincidence.

Literally my biggest problem with this thread is that the yes option includes both Mario and Peach and Luigi and Daisy

What if I only want Mario and Peach to get married

Luigi 64DD said:
memoryman3 said:

That could mean that Daisy is to Peach what Luigi is to Mario, barring the fact that Daisy and Peach are not actually siblings. In other words, it could be interpreted to mean that Peach and Daisy are partners just like Mario and Luigi rather than what you're implying. Or, more likely, it's just a coincidence.

Yeah right....Peach treats Daisy like poop...

Does she? Because Nintendo giving Peach more attention to Peach than Daisy doesn't mean she treats her like poop, but it means Nintendo does. Plus, Peach has a way bigger influence than Daisy, so she is supposed to have more attention.

memoryman3 said:
Yeah right....Peach treats Daisy like poop...
One, I don't see how that's true. Two, they're still partners since they're paired together in Mario Golf 64 and Mario Kart: Double Dash. I'm not saying their relationship is the same as Mario and Luigi's, just that their roles are the same.

I made this video for the Mario X Peach supporters.

It's for the awareness of my petition.

Pwwnd I don't mean to be rude but...

Nobody cares

SMO isn't having Peach marry Bowser. It probably has Bowser attempting to marry Peach but being foiled by Mario, and Mario will probably not get married to Peach after that, although maybe we'll be surprised. Who knows. Still, Nintendo is not going the change the story that they're already finished programming into the game for some random internet petition.

Petitions are the only way I know.

Mcmadness said:
Pwwnd I don't mean to be rude but...

Nobody cares

There are people on deviantart that cared about my petition.

Then go ahead and share it on DeviantArt. But as you've seen, nobody here is interested in it.

*fidgets uncertainly knowing I've defended the DeviantArt community in the past so I have no argument against this but I still don't like this idea*

DeviantArt is not a terrible place. Like any big community, though, it'll attract crazier people among quality works, and proportion gets bigger the site gets, making crazies easier to find.

Supreme Commander Fawful of the Digital Candy Troll Kingdom said:
*fidgets uncertainly knowing I've defended the DeviantArt community in the past so I have no argument against this but I still don't like this idea*
This virtue called "changing your opinion on things" is sadly a rare trait nowadays.

Wow, more stuff about Super Mario Odyssey has been revealed this month. With all that new artwork and whatnot, I really am feeling anxious about the game's release. If I see Mario marrying Peach, I'll be excited. If I don't, I'll be hugely disappointed. If it doesn't then I'll modify my petition to talk about the next main Mario game that may come out.

I don't care if the answer is still no. I'll try really hard to make it yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back