Should Mario Marry Princess Peach Toadstool and Luigi Marry Princess Daisy?

Should it happen?

• Yes, both Mario and Princess Peach Toadstool and Luigi and Princess Daisy should get married.

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • No, they should not.

Votes: 31 67.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maria Renard said:
Since Super Mario Odyssey is trying to provoke the Bowser is trying to marry Peach thing again, I hope Nintendo adds Mario marries Peach as the ending. After all, Mario and Peach are meant for each other.
But then Mario would have to rule the land, and this wouldn't be good. First of all, there are no other known officials governing the Mushroom Kingdom (except maybe a chancellor, but that was only one game), so Mario (and now Queen Toadstool) will be very busy ruling, might not get to see his other friends all that often. If Peach gets kidnapped again, Mario won't be able to rescue her. That would leave poor Luigi all by himself, or at least without his brother. Finally, he and Peach would be pretty much obligated to have kids, which is fine if they want kids, but you just know Bowser would kidnap them too, which adds a lot more stress to Luigi and whoever else Mario would appoint (probably Toad, couldn't really think of anyone else who could be a knight or savior or whatever they call that title in Mushroom).

Of course, this is assuming Peach would maintain her position in the order of succession, considering she's marrying a commoner. They would probably be fine with it, considering Mario is such a well known and lovable guy, but the rules might be a bit stricter. Who does the Crown go to then? Does Peach have any living younger brothers or sisters, or at the very least an aunt, uncle, or cousin? Are any of the rulers from Super Mario Bros. 3 eligible? Would it default to Princess Daisy (my headcanon is Peach and Daisy are cousins)? It just might.

tl;dr, Mario and Peach marrying leads to Daisy becoming Queen :P

Mario can just negotiate with Peach that he doesn't want to rule and she can rule by herself and let some of their kids become queens, kings, princesses, and princes. The rest of the children will be plumbers.

Maria Renard said:
I would love to see Peter and Marc being real characters through Mario x Peach. Along with Laura with Luigi x Daisy.

every post you make brings this thread further down to insanity

Maria Renard said:
Mario can just negotiate with Peach that he doesn't want to rule and she can rule by herself and let some of their kids become queens, kings, princesses, and princes. The rest of the children will be plumbers.
Mario's not exactly one to back out of his obligations. Now Peach would most likely be doing most of the work anyway, but Mario would have to pull his weight, especially when she gets kidnapped as often as she does. Really, if Mario doesn't want to rule over the Mushroom Kingdom, and Peach is alright with that, then there's no real benefit to marrying each other. They wouldn't be able to have kids, but Mario and Peach don't seem like they care all that much. And in a world where babies actually are delivered by storks, it's not exactly possible for them to have one by accident. A mix-up can just be fixed by having a stork come get the baby and delivering it to its proper parents. So no, I don't see Mario and Peach marrying anytime soon unless they want a kid.

Luigi is often left out of this discussion. I don't think either would want to marry each other, or they can't get in to any deeper than "I find my friend cute" because Mario and Luigi are twins. Unless Peach has a twin herself, reality would suggest that going out with Mario, spending enough time with him would be a high order of difficult because Mario already has a soulmate.

If you don't bring up twins, Super Paper Mario also raises an interesting point, according to MarioWiki.

While both Mario and Luigi deny a relationship when Luvbi asks if Peach was Mario's "lady friend", Luvbi also comments that the princess "looms large in his regard" and then wonders if Mario had a "one-sided crush".

So again, I think each marrying each other is an entertaining thought for both, but I don't think it'll be something both would be comfortable carrying out.

Magikrazy said:
Maria Renard said:
Mario's not exactly one to back out of his obligations. Now Peach would most likely be doing most of the work anyway, but Mario would have to pull his weight, especially when she gets kidnapped as often as she does. Really, if Mario doesn't want to rule over the Mushroom Kingdom, and Peach is alright with that, then there's no real benefit to marrying each other. They wouldn't be able to have kids, but Mario and Peach don't seem like they care all that much. And in a world where babies actually are delivered by storks, it's not exactly possible for them to have one by accident. A mix-up can just be fixed by having a stork come get the baby and delivering it to its proper parents. So no, I don't see Mario and Peach marrying anytime soon unless they want a kid.
That was merely just a metaphor, since the Yoshi's Island was told from a story book perspective.

Peach will have to become pregnant and give birth like in real life. That's how it works in real life.

Also, Mario wouldn't necessarily become a prince. That's how it works in real life with some exceptions.

Maria Renard said:
Peach will have to become pregnant and give birth like in real life. That's how it works in real life.
fuck. thanks for that mental image

Maria Renard said:

Except you missed the part that Mario isn't real life

Also, pregnancy and going through labor is already bad enough in children's cartoons, can we please not bring it to Mario.

I see Peach as a lesbian anyway, and I find Luigi X Daisy cliched. They are only shipped because they are the secondary male and female character, and Rosalina may have already taken Daisy's spot there. Also, Luigi wasn't even in Super Mario Land.

Maria Renard said:

shigeru miyamoto confirmed in nintendo power issue 163 page 28 that in mario canon, its the male that gives birth

its true look it up, thats the one with the metroid fusion cover

There should be a game where Bowser kidnapped Peach and is forcing her to marry him in a big wedding ceremony that Mario has to prevent from happening.

But such a thing only exists in the realm of dreams.

Mcmadness said:
There should be a game where Bowser kidnapped Peach and is forcing her to marry him in a big wedding ceremony that Mario has to prevent from happening.

But such a thing only exists in the realm of dreams.
Super Mario Odyssey is the closest thing.

Maria Renard said:

what if she wants to abort tho

Glowsquid said:
Maria Renard said:

what if she wants to abort tho
She could if she doesn't feel comfortable with it.

peach is bowser's waifu, no dice

mario should chill with pauline, dk should chill with petey, and luigi should chill with rosalina

daisy can go chill in the trash, where she belongs

Decidueye said:
peach is bowser's waifu, no dice

Mario will have to stop the wedding though. Then Peach is all for Mario to have.

Mario has been going after Peach for like four decades (in the real world). Peach is Mario's love interest after all.

YES YES let's just leave it at that.

GOOD NIGHT.

/thread

That new Super Mario Odyssey trailer amplified the ire out of me. I cannot tolerate Bowser trying to marry Peach and Peach being uncomfortable with marrying Bowser. Peach would rather be comfortable marrying Mario. So here is the Mario marries Peach petition for all the Mario X Peach supporters out here.

https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-please-make-mario-get-married-to-peach

Mario and Peach really do need children and so do Luigi and Daisy. Peach and Daisy should become sisters in law. Peach won't be able to have children with Bowser. Bowser already has enough kids.

Mario and Peach's love is expressed in two cutscenes of Mario Power Tennis; those cutscenes are Mario's trophy cutscene and Peach's trophy cutscene. Mario says to Peach that he loves her when Peach gets the trophy and Peach kisses him when Mario gets the trophy. That alone is evidence that Mario loves Peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back