Should Mario Marry Princess Peach Toadstool and Luigi Marry Princess Daisy?

Should it happen?

• Yes, both Mario and Princess Peach Toadstool and Luigi and Princess Daisy should get married.

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • No, they should not.

Votes: 31 67.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
GalacticPetey said:
Mario series ships are dumb.

Like, I get it in other shows and games where characters have more personality, interact with one another, and evolve throughout a story. But in Mario? Shipping just seems dumb.

Is it just me that thinks that Mario and Luigi's brotherly relationship seems closer than either of theirs with their princesses? I mean, it's cute that they have their little sort of affectionate things and relationships with each other, but it always seems overshadowed by Mario and Luigi's brotherly love for each other. They're always going on the adventures together, and they've rescued each other too, so really I see that as the main relationship with the Mario bros. :mario: :luigi:

With the princesses, I see them as friends really, seeing how often they appear together in artworks and whatnot, and obviously Double Dash where they are paired up.

As for the Bowser stuff, I think that his closest relationship is with Bowser Jr. If you've seen the Nintendo Switch parental controls video you'll see it, and the opening of London 2012 Olympic Games for Wii.

BBQ Turtle said:
Is it just me that thinks that Mario and Luigi's brotherly relationship seems closer than either of theirs with their princesses? I mean, it's cute that they have their little sort of affectionate things and relationships with each other, but it always seems overshadowed by Mario and Luigi's brotherly love for each other.
It doesn't get closer than twins. Luigi is pretty much Mario's soulmate, according to me, who is an identical twin myself. It is said (in Yoshi's New Island and Yoshi's Island I think) that when Mario's a baby, he "senses" where Luigi is.

They can always be fraternal as opposed to identical, but it's never been stated what kind of twins they are.

GalacticPetey said:
GalacticPetey said:
Mario series ships are dumb.

Like, I get it in other shows and games where characters have more personality, interact with one another, and evolve throughout a story. But in Mario? Shipping just seems dumb.

Say it louder for the people in the back.

Yoshi the SSM said:
Since they were carried by a stork, does it really matter whether they are fraternal or identical?
Er, where are you going? I think it matters if it's fraternal or identical...

Seriously? A petition?

My answer to that is NO, no, and frikkin' NOO! Mario may be rescuing the Princess from the biggest of Bowsers, but it will never become canon that he marries her. As much as I like Peach, there is just something that makes me feel a little uncomfortable when i think that. And the SMO amiibo lineup doesn't help at all, considering even Mario is in a wedding outfit.

Mcmadness said:
Seriously? A petition?
That's the only way I can let Nintendo know. It's the only way Nintendo might listen.

Pwwnd123 said:
Mcmadness said:
Seriously? A petition?
That's the only way I can let Nintendo know. It's the only way Nintendo might listen.

I think Nintendo are finally going to do it.

The amiibo poses make it look like Mario is proposing to Peach.

King Candy said:
brb making a petition for Luigi to marry Prince Peasley since their relationship has about as many 'hints' dropped as Mario + Peach if not more.
I would sign that petition.

BBQ Turtle said:
Is it just me that thinks that Mario and Luigi's brotherly relationship seems closer than either of theirs with their princesses? I mean, it's cute that they have their little sort of affectionate things and relationships with each other, but it always seems overshadowed by Mario and Luigi's brotherly love for each other. They're always going on the adventures together, and they've rescued each other too, so really I see that as the main relationship with the Mario bros. :mario: :luigi:

With the princesses, I see them as friends really, seeing how often they appear together in artworks and whatnot, and obviously Double Dash where they are paired up.

I think you're absolutely correct. Mario and Luigi has made more physical contact with each other than Mario had with Peach, and this is especially show-cased in the Mario & Luigi series and Luigi's Mansion. As LeftyGreenMario said, it could be possible that while Mario does have romantic feelings for Peach, I don't think it gets any deeper than that.

Mario and Peach have not developed their relationship at all. They just...sorta like each other with hearts in their eyes. They never shared any conversations with each other, even in the "Mario" sense of body language. Hell, Mario has never took Peach to a date. Now, they want to marry each other? They haven't even reached first base yet. It's like proposing marriage to a person you have feelings for, with no interactions whatsoever.

i would say the bond Mario-Peach and Mario-Luigi , while totally not the same , it actually has the same ''strenght''.

There's far more material portraying MarioxPeach than Mario being all friendly with Luigi in a brotherly way.

I would also avoid to mention or imply LuigixDaisy in any way since that relationship ALMOST doesnt exist , lets be real.

You rarely see them together , not to the levels of MarioxPeach at least.

If you're talking about fan-art material portraying MarioxPeach, well that's mostly because it's like, the "normal" thing (as in, current status quo, not trying to disparage anything around here) to do to portray the hero in kid's series getting the girl at the end and some people are really obsessed with guy x girl crap. But if you analyze this relationship with a deeper lenses, you realize that it's extremely superficial. The most contact Mario and Peach did? Hold hands very briefly. Regular friends can hold hands. Mario and Luigi had actually displayed feelings for each other; I remember a scene in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga where Mario and Luigi outright hugged each other because one brother rescued the other. There's a lot more of that where this came from, hell the entire goddamn Mario & Luigi series is dedicated to both brothers at once.

Baby Luigi said:
Mario and Peach have not developed their relationship at all. They just...sorta like each other with hearts in their eyes. They never shared any conversations with each other, even in the "Mario" sense of body language. Hell, Mario has never took Peach to a date. Now, they want to marry each other? They haven't even reached first base yet. It's like proposing marriage to a person you have feelings for, with no interactions whatsoever.

Maybe customary mushroomian dates just involve one participant getting kidnapped by a giant turtle monster. If that's the case, Mario and Peach would qualify as particularly date-crazy.

I think your assumption falls apart because we see other side characters in the series play out a date relationship (or at least reference) as if it works here normally rather than having a spouse get kidnapped. I think some side characters are couples with each other, but my memory is foggy on which characters exactly mentions being on a date. We still got, say, Tippi and Bleck portraying the relationship pretty straight, so unless we have evidence for your theory, I have to say that Mario and Peach still never has gone further than just friends.

I wasn't really serious. The idea that regular kidnapping features into an average developing romantic relationship is kind of ludicrous.

I do have to say, however, that Tippy and Bleck's relationship does not discredit the theory, as they are from an entirely different world and thus have no impact on Mushroom Kingdom culture.

Swiftie_Luma said:
There's far more material portraying MarioxPeach than Mario being all friendly with Luigi in a brotherly way.
You see interaction between the two a bit like holding hands and a peck in the nose and a main thrust of games require you to rescue Princess Peach (but for several reasons as well), but there are entire games devoted to the Mario and Luigi being together, Mario & Luigi and I think you see Mario alongside Luigi more than you see him paired with Peach.

Mr. Edo said:
I wasn't really serious. The idea that regular kidnapping features into an average developing romantic relationship is kind of ludicrous.
well, they say to each other that their hearts are stolen...

meh.

either way , i always assume that family is usually a more prominent than romance on this instance.

Thinking deeper into it is really concerning though.

I can only offer my two cents on a twin relationship since, I hate to bore you, but we are in a twin relationship and not much people understand it IMO. Of course, every pair of twin is different and Mario and Luigi's characters aren't even developed by twins but that's the beauty of giving vague personalities, so we can fill them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back