Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

Bowser Jr. just keeps getting lazier and lazier. Don't come crying to papa if you become lethargic, because it's your own fault that you're not keeping yourself fit.

I think I'm going to skip this too

It's really saddening

Baby Luigi said:
I think I'm going to skip this too

It's really saddening

I can get over the roster, it's everything else thats disappointing.

I think we've all come to the conclusion that Power Tennis is still superior. Who knows if we've come to the conclusion that Power Tennis was the last real good Mario Tennis game?

Emmett Brown said:
7.8/10 not enough water

More like 5/10 for lacking a lot of the things that the past Mario Tennis titles have; Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash is almost like Pokemon Battle Revolution in that it's heavily inferior to its predecessors.

Emmett Brown said:
did you not get the reference or

it's from bad miiverse posts, isn't it

Emmett Brown said:
did you not get the reference or

If I recall, it's an IGN thing. However, 7.8/10 seems too high for a game that's heavily lacking in content.

7.8 would be waaaaaaaaay too generous for this barren excuse for a Mario Tennis game. :dry:

Well, was planning on skipping over this one regardless of how good it was. Guess I have more reason to do so now.

Rosalina's new outfit is literally the most original thing in this game.

Even after playing the demo at PAX last weekend I don't really know what to say that hasn't already been said. Jump Shots and Mega Mushrooms are just kind of... there, and they add next to nothing to the gameplay.

I guess I might as well point this little factoid out: in the E3 trailer of Mario Tennis Open back when it looked like a 1:1 port of Power Tennis, the announcer actually said the character's names, but as we all know in the final product he only uses "Server" and "Receiver" because of new characters. Heck, it sounds like to me he re-recorded his lined for Ultra Smash, but he still doesn't say anything more than what he said in Open.

SKmarioman said:
I guess I might as well point this little factoid out: in the E3 trailer of Mario Tennis Open back when it looked like a 1:1 port of Power Tennis, the announcer actually said the character's names, but as we all know in the final product he only uses "Server" and "Receiver" because of new characters. Heck, it sounds like to me he re-recorded his lined for Ultra Smash, but he still doesn't say anything more than what he said in Open.
Did Scott Burns voiced as the announcer in Power Tennis?

EDIT: Nope. Voiced in Open.

I love that character's pose <3

Mario-Tennis-Ultra-Smash-10.jpg

Great, they just spoiled their secret characters before the game's release. Now we wait for something interesting *ahem...dlc, miis, more modes* in the next two weeks, otherwise I'll pass (or play it at the Wii U demo stand instead).

She's gonna be one of my opponents

Can you believe that the software uses only 888 MB of storage space on the Wii U? That can probably be a huge sign that this game is heavily lacking in content.

It could be heavily optimized too but nah, we already know everything of what the game has to offer

888 MB is significantly less than a Gamecube game, Baby Luigi.

Back