Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

SuperBerb said:
Going on topic, almost nobody seems to even play this subseries of games anymore so I'm wondering why people care so much about who's playable in it and who isn't.

because it's characters

people are still whining about mario kart 8's roster, btw. not here, though.

SuperBerb said:
Mario Party Σ said:
SuperBerb, I said explicitly that I don't want to drag this argument. To elaborate, we're going off topic about Rosalina and the mods want us back on topic, so cut it out.

Nobody outright told us to stop, and this is a legitimate discussion.
3k, who is a mod, was indirectly telling you guys to get on topic

Threek said:
so how 'bout those olympics, guys

I hope there is a cheesy story mode. I loved the london one

i thought it was pretty stupid tbh

SuperBerb said:
Going on topic, almost nobody seems to even play this subseries of games anymore so I'm wondering why people care so much about who's playable in it and who isn't.
So why are you having a long debate with me?

Fine. There really isn't any room for a counterargument anyhow. If it makes you feel better to imagine that there is, then so be it. You did use the word "slot" though, and I've already specified that there's nothing about "deserving" playability. This is so typical of Toad fans that I'm not really even surprised by it anyways.

I use the word "slot" so therefore I'm saying that Rosalina stole Toad's slot. Also, I make typical PRATT arguments. Your arguments fall into tropes too.

This is the actual context.
so it's hot competition from the Mario series to earn a slot.
There's only so much Mario characters you can put in a crossover game without making it look disproportionate.

Okay, we're done.

He was arguing with you because you were saying Rosalina is being shoehorned in everything, whereas he didn't care.

Yeah, that's true.

But I think what started it all is how I disapprove how Rosalina is (implied to be) playable before Toad of all things. Again.

Toad (or a Toad) has been playable in several mainstream Mario platformers recently, and he's been given his own game, so I thought it would be reasonable if he was at least playable with the Mario cast as he was in Mario Party and Mario Kart and even Mario Sports Mix.

Somebody, just take this broom and hit me if I continue blabbering. NO ban, just a broom...

It's good to be back.

Also rugby, but no charging chucks?

Because shut up.

Ain't that a nice welcome from meh, eh?

wouldn't have it any other way

Baby Luigi said:
because it's characters

people are still whining about mario kart 8's roster, btw. not here, though.

Granted.

May said:
3k, who is a mod, was indirectly telling you guys to get on topic

That's not outright tho

Mcmadness said:
I hope there is a cheesy story mode. I loved the london one

Was that the only one to have a story mode?

And wasn't that only for the handheld version?

I feel like I'm thinking of the wrong game now though. Someone correct me if I am.

Mario Party Σ said:
So why are you having a long debate with me?

Because I don't think your reasoning makes sense.

I use the word "slot" so therefore I'm saying that Rosalina stole Toad's slot. Also, I make typical PRATT arguments. Your arguments fall into tropes too.

This is the actual context.
so it's hot competition from the Mario series to earn a slot.
There's only so much Mario characters you can put in a crossover game without making it look disproportionate.

Okay, we're done.

You're directly implying that Rosalina didn't earn her slot by complaining that she had it in the first place, and then you note that Toad didn't get in before she did. There's a clear correlation there from what you're saying.

I've already said why Toad hasn't happened and why Rosalina did, which involved the fact that Smash isn't a Mario game so it doesn't care if Toad appears alongside Mario characters in other games. Waluigi and Daisy appear alongside most of the cast as well but it doesn't take a genius to figure out why they aren't playable in Smash.

Magikrazy said:
He was arguing with you because you were saying Rosalina is being shoehorned in everything, whereas he didn't care.

More or less, yeah. They "shoehorn" characters like Wario, Yoshi, and I'd even say Peach more than they ever did with Rosalina. I'm more so happy to see her appear in more games, because what it tells me is that they're actually utilizing their cast. I'd much rather see named, well known characters frequently reappearing than not. I'm glad to see that Nabbit is keeping up some playable appearances too.

Something like Smash is totally different because it's a crossover game, not a legitimate Mario game. Complaining there would be like complaining that they didn't put Ken Masters in Marvel Vs Capcom 3 even though he's a constant character in Street Fighter.

Also, on the Sonic side of this game, is Zazz the only one of the Deadly Six here? That's just weird, but not out of the ordinary for what I've seen from these games before I guess.

It's only the handheld versions that have the story modes. They are absolutely stupid and use dollar store versions of the character's personalities but the production values are oddly good and there is an amusing novelty to the whole thing.

It's really funny if you think about it.

Bowser and Eggman, 2 of gaming's greatest villains team up, an alliance that requires a majority of the major Sonic and Mario characters to work together to defeat this combined threat and what terrible thing do these 2 villains do?

Fog London to get the Olympics cancelled.

SuperBerb said:
That's not outright tho

you want to continue this until a mod outright tells you to stop then? we all have enough of this debate, now cut it out, and considering it's borderline off-topic posting, it technically is against the rules. same with you, mario party X

Magikrazy said:
I actually found Nabbit's inclusion more random than Rosalina's. Not that I detest him.

Mcmadness said:
It's really funny if you think about it.

Bowser and Eggman, 2 of gaming's greatest villains team up, an alliance that requires a majority of the major Sonic and Mario characters to work together to defeat this combined threat and what terrible thing do these 2 villains do?

Fog London to get the Olympics cancelled.
When I played it, I was in such disbelief. It goes against basic meteorology (lol) but are people really gonna cancel the Olympics over some fog? Oh, and those fog clones, THOSE are soooooo convincing.

Oh, and Mario, Luigi, and Sonic don't even talk. Only Tails does? It's strange that Tails doesn't feel awkward talking to some walls.

Mario Party Σ said:
When I played it, I was in such disbelief. It goes against basic meteorology (lol) but are people really gonna cancel the Olympics over some fog? Oh, and those fog clones, THOSE are soooooo convincing.

Oh, and Mario, Luigi, and Sonic don't even talk. Only Tails does? It's strange that Tails doesn't feel awkward talking to some walls.

I thought pretty much the same thing. It's utterly hilarious how mundane the whole thing is but everybody treats it like it's a grade A problem.

Also the bros not talking I can understand, it's annoying but I get it. Sonic however I didn't get at all. He's been talking for YEARS now.

I understand the bros. not talking (but ideally, both should not, at least Luigi should), but Sonic not talking is extremely awkward. It's like Sonic is trying to be like Mario or Classic Sonic or something. Sonic looks pathetic.

the entire london 3ds game was pathetic

Baby Luigi said:
the entire london 3ds game was pathetic

They all are. I've never bought any of them.

Mario Party Σ said:
I understand the bros. not talking (but ideally, both should not, at least Luigi should), but Sonic not talking is extremely awkward. It's like Sonic is trying to be like Mario or Classic Sonic or something. Sonic looks pathetic.

Wonder if it's some contractual thing?

Back