post any random Mario thought on your mind

Important question, would you rather live in a Luigi Mansion, A Yoshi Island, A Donkey Kong Country, A Wario World or a Super Mario Galaxy?

Luigi Mansion: Too many ghosts.
Yoshi Island: Too many Yoshis.
Donkey Land: Too many donkeys.
Wario World: Too many Warios to kill.
Super Mario Galaxy: Okay sure, space adventure sounds fun.

You ever noticed Mario fans don't make as much of a fuss over Toadstool vs. Peach and Bowser vs. Koopa opposed to how Sonic fans make a fuss over Eggman vs. Robotnik?
The cartoons very notably refrained from using their real names, so Peach is regularly referred as "Princess", while Bowser is regularly referred to as "King Koopa". The latter makes it notably simpler to mention that Bowser's cartoon incarnation is King Koopa, and to a lesser extent, the cartoon Koopalings are like that where if you call them by their cartoon names, it's easily understood that it's about their cartoon incarnations. If I have to guess, the change happened before the internet made things less resistant to sudden localisation swaps, so like SEGA can get away with rebranding Puyo Puyo as Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Nintendo to do the same for Kirby's Avalanche. Sonic on the other hand, happened when the internet is blooming, so it was louder to made the dissatisfaction clear.

One theory that I have heard about there being a fuss over Eggman's name change is how Sonic Adventure changed a lot of things, and Eggman inevitably gets caught up in the argument. While Eggman is pretty much the character's name, the change happened tumultuously that a section of fans will never relent to the name change. Personally? Eggman's a great name and I am welcoming of that even though I knew about Sonic before they decided to do that.

Thank you for reading.

Can't the Magic Paintbrush be used for good? If so, what would a benevolent Shadow Mario do? Maybe have a cup of tea with Gooigi?

In Mario Kart Tour, the chef variant of Mario is a top tier driver on the game's Dutch-based course.

This is a subtle reference to the fact that Mario is a horrible cook.

Just a tongue-in-cheek statement about my negative feelings towards Dutch cuisine, using Mario (Chef)'s association with that course to help convey that statement.

Truthfully, I don't know any official sources that comment on his culinary skills (such as how Miyamoto jokingly suggested Dr. Mario has no actual medical expertise).

oh yeah fun fact of the day since i haven't done these in forever

the voice actor for yoshi from the super mario world cartoon (andrew sabiston) was also the voice actor for diddy kong in the donkey kong country cartoon.

BEANS.png

BEANSReal.png

...Beans?
I've been trying to find the source for like the texture or whatever it is of these breakable things ever since today.
I have to know if it's beans.

In Mario Kart Tour, the chef variant of Mario is a top tier driver on the game's Dutch-based course.

This is a subtle reference to the fact that Mario is a horrible cook.
joshscorcher_SHOTS_FIRED.gif

Irrefutable evidence that the baby characters are not the same characters as their adult counterparts, as far as sports/kart spin-offs are concerned: in Mario Kart Tour, the recent 1.5 Year Anniversary Challenges that have you perform an action with Mario do not take Baby Mario into account. On the other hand, variants such as Mario (Hakama) and Metal Mario are eligible.

I've recorded some footage where you'll see that the counter of the "Activate Frenzy mode 10 times with Mario" challenge does not increase after getting a Green Shell frenzy with Baby Mario during a race.

One year later, we've got the same thing going for Baby Luigi, whom Mario Kart Tour considers to be a separate character from Luigi!

I'm not going to report this kind of thing for every other baby character from here on out--I just thought a certain member of the Mario Boards may enjoy learning that their "Baby Luigi != Luigi" headcanon is, albeit inexplicitly, an actual thing in an official game.

It pretty much helps my headcanon that Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, while A Mario and Luigi, not Mario/Luigi. They're from an alternate reality set in the past, that's what I'm saying. It does somewhat resolve the issue of time travel shenanigans imo.

Now can Baby Luigi have an alt please

One year later, we've got the same thing going for Baby Luigi, whom Mario Kart Tour considers to be a separate character from Luigi!

I'm not going to report this kind of thing for every other baby character from here on out--I just thought a certain member of the Mario Boards may enjoy learning that their "Baby Luigi != Luigi" headcanon is, albeit inexplicitly, an actual thing in an official game.
Ironically, in Dr. Mario World, the baby and adults are considered variants so you can't use them together in the Skill Summit. For example, you can't use Mario when Baby Mario is the mentor. Yes, that means you can't use Luigi and Baby Luigi together. This makes the Baby Wario challenges trickier because you can't use Wario in them. Not only baby characters are variants, but the fire characters (plus Dry Bowser in Bowser's case) are also variants.

Thank you for reading.

People gripe about certain characters from a certain RPG series not being in certain games, but I'm not exactly seeing clamoring for Yamamura or Mary O. to be kart racers or make cameos on rotten candy wrappers; and I'm not exactly seeing them griping about how sanitized Mario is when that doesn't happen.

Time to change that then!
Mary O. for Mario Kart! Yamamura for Mario Tennis!

brb coming up with character emblems for them

Back