post any random Mario thought on your mind

it does feel like ultimate restricting itself to only 8 alts is hurting the alts a bit. we entirely just lost black yoshi in favor of Green Yoshi But With A Noise Filter And Also Tinted Piss Yellow and we could have had not only that but white and orange yoshi!!! likewise we lost both fire mario and wmario
ok having only 8 isnt that big of a deal i suppose and little mac having frickin 16 previously is excessive but. i could do with 10 alts for everyone!

ok having only 8 isnt that big of a deal i suppose and little mac having frickin 16 previously is excessive but. i could do with 10 alts for everyone!

I think Smash 4 is coded to have 16 unique one-slots, and you can go above that if you like.

I think the real issue here is like extra time picking colors and recoloring the alts and making UI (I don't know how recoloring is done, I think they render the artwork in layers where the final one is compiled, so they just fix the colors in some layers...they could also re-render the artwork too since changing a base color in a texture program like Substance Painter is as simple as just moving a slider around but I don't see how the lighting changes because global illumination changes depending on the color of the texture) but that's, what, just an extra hour?

Reactions: zel
it does feel like ultimate restricting itself to only 8 alts is hurting the alts a bit. we entirely just lost black yoshi in favor of Green Yoshi But With A Noise Filter And Also Tinted Piss Yellow and we could have had not only that but white and orange yoshi!!! likewise we lost both fire mario and wmario
also.... yeah. There's not even an excuse for "let's give the Waluigi alt another installment to work off of". Black Yoshi was put in one game only to be removed in the next for a butt ugly horrific living vomit that looks barely any different from the original, whose only purpose was to promote what's ultimately an aggressively mediocre platformer also featuring vomit textures spewed over charcters, but less vomity than what we got in Ultimate.

Anyhow I can go with 10 alts for everyone. Fire Mario and Wario Mario were baffling omissions. Wario also lost alts, so I think he needs those back too.

Reactions: zel
They should also all go HAVE A ROTTEN DAY, YAHOE, *raspberry noises* while they're beating each other up.

do koopas buy their shells like they buy their shoes

That's a weird thing to say. The Wario alt costume was present at the same time as the golf one in Smash 4.

Mario_Palette_%28SSB4%29.png

It's only in Smash Ultimate it was replaced, which I assume the Builder outfit replaced. The only reason I guess the Waluigi one wasn't removed was that they wanted to give that alt... another chance... rather than just appear in Smash 4 just to disappear the next game. But why even restrict it to 8. Why can't Mario have a 9th one. Why not be inconsistent like the older games where Pikachu has like 4 outfits which are just default + 3 team colors and then you have Captain Falcon who is just lighter blue?

Alright then the builder outfit replaced it, same concept different outfit.

db30d56955da035bcd09606a5dedb7af98358f57.png

A list of capturable entities that are marked with "debug" in the files of Super Mario Odyssey and are thus not present in the finished game outside of these text entries, but were presumably all coded into the game at some point for debug purposes during development. While many of the entries are too vague or refer to unknown entities, some present intriguing possibilities for what could have been a capturable character in the game.
this is SUPER interesting
heres some notes from what i could tell
nokonoko - thats a koopa troopa! theyre in the game but not capturable hm
bakubaku - i looked it up and its the japanese name of cheep chomp!!! very curious
bigbros - mega mushroom????? sledge bro????? but their japanese name is Mega Burosu nowadays so ?
citymanflying - cityman is actually the internal name for new donkers. flying new donker ?
flutter - hey we dont have normal wigglers/flutters either! or maybe we might have gotten a tropical flutter?
forestmanseed - similarly, steam gardener internal name, and seed. some of them expel seeds, but capturing the seeds? or them???
grasshopperrobo - implies we might have had a robot grasshopper and Didmt
iceclimber - ????!! i know concept art for marios costumes included one based on ice climbers.....
makimaki - theres an enemy in yoshis crafted world thats internally called makimaki but..... yoshis crafted world came a few years later.... so that doesnt count
ninjari - first thought was ninji but their jp name is hakkun which is different too
penguin - similarly to koopa troopa we have penguiins as random flying birds in snow kingdom, naturallt not a capture either
ribbonbeamer - worth noting a whole bunch of similar objects in the 3d marios are called [something] beamer, though never ribbon beamer. the pulse beam in odyssey is internally capbeamer also
scarecrow - we also have the thing you throw cappy on, but that is not a capture actually
stake - similarly there are stakes in runied kingdom? according to noclip these are internally called BossRaidRivet for some reaon so maybe thats not it?
teresa - THATS BOO!!! Not in the game at all but would have been a SUPER obvious capture idea considering galaxy
testbirdon - you might think of birdo but her japanese name is catherine so not that
theres also a whole bunch of other japanese names here that didnt give any search results on mario wiki and could use a translation but im not knowledgeable on japanese so

remember the rumored dk game? its been like two (if not three im not sure?) directs since the rumor really started we have yet to get anything out of it !!!!!!

playing mario kart tour just reminds me that mario kart isn't fun when you're in first place most of the damn race

all the fun is when you're in the midst of the pack and all the chaos that comes with it and then you get into first place and win

Then stop playing on 50cc lmao owned

Mario Kart Tour is more of a singleplayer experience than other games in its series. The fun lies in trying to best your own score in every course, and while being first to the finish line surely benefits you in that regard, it only factors in as a bonus rather than being the main objective.

The multiplayer mode is explicitly, well, multiplayer: the focus here is to increase your player grade by placing high in races. However, you're going to need a device that can handle this mode of play without frustrating slowdowns; even with a state-of-the-art iPad, you'll still experience lag, where you stop someone in their tracks with a shell only for them to then instantly get going at full speed as if nothing happened. I guess the netcode from Nintendo Ltd. just isn't that good, to the surprise of fucking nobody.

Moral of the story is, Mario Kart Tour prioritises the more singleplayer aspects of the gameplay, while the crazy happenings of multiplayer are relegated to a half-baked modality. Your enjoyment of this game heavily depends on which kind of gameplay you have predilections for.

Nintendo reported that, earlier this year, the Donkey Kong franchise broke 65 million worldwide sales.

I don't care about no theme park, where's the new damn games? Last one was way back in 2014.
remember the rumored dk game? its been like two (if not three im not sure?) directs since the rumor really started we have yet to get anything out of it !!!!!!
DK64 was notably missing on the N64 online offerings, both launch and future adds.

Well Wart was looking pretty dead so she I guess she decided it was time for a career change.

did Birdo resign villainy

In Mario Kart Tour, she and her color variations are placed among the "bad guys" in the Drivers list. They're closely surrounded by characters like Shy Guys, Freerunning Koopas, Bowser etc.

I guess that still doesn't say much, though, considering the Kongs also oddly follow that pattern.

Lately Christian radio has had a lot of songs that mention dry bones rattling or coming alive and all I can think of is :dry:

Want to hear a Mario Party joke? Okay.... so when you buy something from a vending machine, instead of cola, you get..... COAL!!! Get it? Because "coal" is spelled similar to .... "cola"???
MPAlaugh.png

Oh speaking of Mario Party, last night I dreamed that they made that one trampoline subgame from 64DS and NSMB into a 4-player vs Minigame. It went until either the timer ran out or there was only one player remaining.
I just woke up so this is fresh on my mind.

Back