post any random Mario thought on your mind

Those Mario Sports Superstars Cards probably have a better chance of being collectibles in the future compared to Super Mario freaking 3D All Stars.

I love how the name "Mario Mario" started as just a joke in the live action movie, then was used in official strategy guides and by Charles Martinet, but was then retconned by Iwata and Miyamoto, only until Mario's 30th anniversary where Miyamoto finally gave in and confirmed his full name to be "Mario Mario".

1625703002784.png

Also, this indirectly confirms Luigi's name to be "Luigi Mario".

p4oo0Pu.png

my horse

fear me
Oh yeah? Here's your competition
VhpCAHF.png

This is Bowser's horse

Fear them.

I love how the name "Mario Mario" started as just a joke in the live action movie, then was used in official strategy guides and by Charles Martinet, but was then retconned by Iwata and Miyamoto, only until Mario's 30th anniversary where Miyamoto finally gave in and confirmed his full name to be "Mario Mario".

Also, this indirectly confirms Luigi's name to be "Luigi Mario".
And this also indirectly confirms that Mario's nameplate is slightly less vain, though I'm pretty sure Luigi thinks that's just an excuse for Mario to claim ownership of the house.

I'm still not a fan of the double name thing. I generally prefer if Mario just had no last name. He and Luigi are already kind of a freaks who lost contact with his parents for some reason (but also most characters have no parents to begin with....). But I guess it beats out having a name like "Super" and "Mario".

It's pretty interesting that Wario is more evil in Warioware than his platformers, in the latter, he helps people out in his goal of self gain while in Warioware, he exploits people who are suppose to be his friends with no intention of actually paying them, takes something that doesn't belong to him or both

Happened upon an earlier discussion in this very thread about the sexuality of Mario characters and I wanna weigh in with my view on the matter.

There's no concept of "sex" nor anything that entails in the Mario universe. Yoshi's Island shows that babies are brought by stork, so all it takes to "reproduce" is perhaps for both parties in a couple to wish upon a star and have their offspring delivered at their doorstep. This likewise fits well with the whole wishing star mythos we sometimes see in games like Mario RPG and Paper Mario--it's really a fantasy franchise tailor-made for younger audiences, so tropes seen in children's storybooks and fairytales are understandably dominant and fitting.

Characters still have private parts, but they only cover them up for the same reason a child is taught to be pudic: that's where the peepee and poopoo comes from and you don't want Boogeyman Wario to come eat it.

Last edited:
Characters still have private parts, but they only cover them up for the same reason a child is taught to be pudic: that's where the peepee and poopoo comes from and you don't want Boogeyman Wario to come eat it.

Even that's debatable: do you ever see any toilets in Peach's Castle? Hm?

Obviously, no. Nintendo wants their games to be "kid friendly".
Anyways,
how can Luigi run on water.
1d3dbf1746180d76deb7997104c7ab7fe1790afa_hq.gif

This makes no sense.

Anyways,

This makes no sense.

I remember either in-game or the manual said he is light as grass and...well that backward somersalt broke the game if anything.

I don't think walking on water has any useful gameplay function but it sure as hell looked cool!

Even that's debatable: do you ever see any toilets in Peach's Castle? Hm?
The toilets are there in Super Mario 64;, two are just in the top room with Tick Tock Clock. One even leads to the moat.

The other one is where Dire Dire Docks is. It also leads to the moat.

Let that sink in.

Last edited:
Anyways,

This makes no sense.
It makes perfect sense, Luigi is Jesus

Back