post any random Mario thought on your mind

Has anyone tried/succeeded in modding out the timer in 3d land? I'm sure others feel the way i do that the timer is unnecessary (aside from speed run courses)

I've googled 3D Land mods, and I've run across a level editor called "The Fourth Dimension"

There should be a way to edit the clock with the editor.

But yeah, the timer is terrible in general. It's one of the reasons I like Super Mario Bros. 2 much more than Super Mario World.

Has anyone tried/succeeded in modding out the timer in 3d land? I'm sure others feel the way i do that the timer is unnecessary (aside from speed run courses)
The timer, in Super Mario World, is one of the primary reasons I'm not enjoying the game as I should

You know who could be cool additions to a spinoff roster? The Kings from SMB3 or at very least their transformed forms, the problem besides the ammount of them is, uh, they kinda don't have names
The King of World 3 shouldn't be transformed smh

Still waitin on a Mario wrestling game.

I think Mario would work so well in a wrestling game, the series has the right kind of stupid, over-the-top stuff such as using Mario-themed items in a wacky setting that would feel right at home.

Reminder that if Next Level Games got their way, we could've gotten this handsome fellow with his meat hands

776px-Mario_wrestling_01.jpg

And who could forget the Waluigi gut stomp and Yoshi just gracefully throwing another Yoshi silly

Not really, considering that Yoshi's Island DS was released around the same time and that she's pretty much based off after the other babies and existing Mario characters.

Just realized Luigi's Mansion 3 seriously missed an opportunity by not naming one of the Boos "Boomer"

Reactions: zel
a few koopalings got a minor design change in the past few years! like very recent! notably larry and lemmys mohawks are skewed a little to look better when facing forward
10478.png
36429.png
(comparing the mk8 and dmw models)
logically from certain other angles it just looks extra stupid lmao
15575.png

(also look im learning to make pics tinier)
what this also means is that no designs are gonna be 100% consistent forever and may get changes over time!! maybe someday we will get a 3d yoshi closer to the newest 2d artworks after all

uh zelen, hate to burst your bubble but larry comes with both versions of the model in dr. mario world

1601159461003.png

lemmy too

1601159668255.png

Attachments

• 1601159460911.png
    1601159460911.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
gonna crawl here to complain about how hard they nerfed certain dk (insect) enemy designs at least in jungle climber anyway
look at this badass hyper murder wasp. look at its slick proportions and long antennae. its spikes actually match the color of the rest of it!
Zinger_DKC2.png

well now it has 2 pairs of wings like its supposed to have cause wasps have 2 pairs of wings but basically everything else was just nerfed... i like the concept of cute zingers but what is this
DKCJZinger.jpg
unknown.png

me on discord again said:
looking at this more i liek cute zinger but the weird grey spikes are just a mess
and the antennae being so short is also.......why
flitters were similarly nerfed, from having pretty eyelashes, nice bright colors and a stripey abdomen to........ yeah
DK2Flitter.jpg
Flitter.jpg

HASHTAG JUSTICE FOR FLITTER EYELASHES
i dont even wanna see what theyd do to click clack in this case

Last edited:
gonna crawl here to complain about how hard they nerfed certain dk (insect) enemy designs at least in jungle climber anyway
look at this badass hyper murder wasp. look at its slick proportions and long antennae. its spikes actually match the color of the rest of it!
Zinger_DKC2.png

well now it has 2 pairs of wings like its supposed to have cause wasps have 2 pairs of wings but basically everything else was just nerfed... i like the concept of cute zingers but what is this
DKCJZinger.jpg
unknown.png

flitters were similarly nerfed, from having pretty eyelashes, nice bright colors and a stripey abdomen to........ yeah
DK2Flitter.jpg
Flitter.jpg

HASHTAG JUSTICE FOR FLITTER EYELASHES
i dont even wanna see what theyd do to click clack in this case

I never liked the 3D art for Jungle Climber that much but your side-by-side comparison puts into perspective just how cheap and flat-looking PAON's renders were.

Since power-ups have faces, implying they're alive; does that make them essentially Mario's partners? That he temporarily fuses with?
On that note, are we, the players, his partners? I view our relationship with playable characters as we are telling them what to do and they do it, like they trust us enough to follow our command. (Imagination play at work humoring the idea of sentience).

I mean, plants are technically alive too so...

And I don't view the player as the character's partners. I view our role like, acting and making decisions for them, like how a writer writes characters in a story.

So I been playing a bunch of Super Mario Bros 35. It's surprisingly addictive and I'm gonna miss it when it's gone.

limited releases suck
anyway i was eating a nectarine and i had the stupidest thought imaginable. if you take princess peach and get rid of her hair you get princess nectarine? (nectarines are just peaches but without the fuzz on the skin)

Back