post any random Mario thought on your mind

For some reason this discussion brought a hilarious idea to mind:

Count Bleck voiced by Ted Lewis

You know, make some slight adjustments to it and the Sombrero Guy would have made a nifty Partner.

His main attack being throwing his hat and his other abilities are applying various buffs to the party or debuffs to the enemy.

I would actually like a partner who comes with the ability to heal you in battle, right off the bat, as in, their main ability is to heal. And have the number they heal you increase when they level up.

I would actually like a partner who comes with the ability to heal you in battle, right off the bat, as in, their main ability is to heal. And have the number they heal you increase when they level up.
assuming you're talking about paper mario, i agree

Wait, is there a staple.
Like the staple is, in a certain level in a Paper Mario Game there is a level like a callback to a old mario game.
(Example: In Green Energy Plant you go though the monitor and actually play in a SMB3 World.)

Oh. On the top of my mind, I can think of a segment of Super Paper Mario's 1-1 being based off of Super Mario Bros.' 1-1, but if you want a complete list, I'd recommend checking out the "References to other games" sections in the wiki, such as this one.

also super paper mario's 5-3 was 2-1 from smb1

and spm's 3-1 had a part which was a replica of smb1's 1-2

Question I've been thinking about; given how Super Mario 3D Land and World were attempts to bring 2D Mario's design into 3D Mario games, what do you think the inverse (a game where 3D Mario design elements are brought into a 2D Mario game) would look like?

Probably an open-world type of game where you have collectibles that would work like stars in SM64. There's actually a Flash game called Super Mario 63 which is basically Super Mario 64 in 2D, so maybe Nintendo could try something like that?

Question I've been thinking about; given how Super Mario 3D Land and World were attempts to bring 2D Mario's design into 3D Mario games, what do you think the inverse (a game where 3D Mario design elements are brought into a 2D Mario game) would look like?

Probably an open-world type of game where you have collectibles that would work like stars in SM64. There's actually a Flash game called Super Mario 63 which is basically Super Mario 64 in 2D, so maybe Nintendo could try something like that?

We call those Metroidvanias. :)

Probably something like Super Mario 63 with more Metroidvania-type elements.

big evil purple dragon guy that killed samus parents and he looks like he shouldnt be sapient but is actually like super smart apparently. i forget where it originates from but the boxing ring title in smash ultimate calls him hte "cunning god of death" and like.

Back