post any random Mario thought on your mind

Seriously, I sorta get what Nintendo said about how that there are two turn-based, traditional JRPGs that feel a bit redundant; people without turn-based JRPGs as their cup of tea would be appealed by neither of them. It would be much more interesting if we saw another take of a Mario RPG that doesn't fall under the traditional, turn-based type, and a western-styled RPG for a Mario game would be one of them. Have a Mario looter game. Or an action RPG. Mario + Rabbids felt fresh and new. We can have a new take on the Mario series.
as much as i would kinda be interested in a new gameplay idea personally, i honestly do think that the safest move for n right now is to keep the classic m&l and pm gameplay formulas as they are: m&l because alphadream going means we're unsure so it would just be reassuring to fans to see that it's how they've always loved it (and they don't seem to want it to change) and pm finally get it back after 16 years, which most fans have always wanted for that time

Just have a merger of Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi worlds. Paper Jam can be an unwitting reboot of the two franchises. Then they can proceed being some weird hybrid. Or just reboot Mario & Luigi and have indie developers create the new Paper Mario games, as we've seen if Nintendo themselves are really allergic to pre-SPM Paper Mario. Indies are capable of picking up where Nintendo left off like Bug Fables or Under Hero, but if Nintendo gives other indies resources for a Paper Mario game, they have the Mario IP to work with, which the branding itself will attract the Mario fans.

I would like to see that fill in the vacuum left by the Mario & Luigi series.

Seriously, I sorta get what Nintendo said about how that there are two turn-based, traditional JRPGs that feel a bit redundant; people without turn-based JRPGs as their cup of tea would be appealed by neither of them. It would be much more interesting if we saw another take of a Mario RPG that doesn't fall under the traditional, turn-based type, and a western-styled RPG for a Mario game would be one of them. Have a Mario looter game. Or an action RPG. Mario + Rabbids felt fresh and new. We can have a new take on the Mario series.

Diablo, Super Mario bros edition.

Well maybe not Diablo because screw Blizzard but get them torchlight peeps to work on it.

I would absolutely adore a Mario game in the style of Diablo/Torchlight.

Just have a merger of Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi worlds. Paper Jam can be an unwitting reboot of the two franchises. Then they can proceed being some weird hybrid. Or just reboot Mario & Luigi and have indie developers create the new Paper Mario games, as we've seen if Nintendo themselves are really allergic to pre-SPM Paper Mario. Indies are capable of picking up where Nintendo left off like Bug Fables or Under Hero, but if Nintendo gives other indies resources for a Paper Mario game, they have the Mario IP to work with, which the branding itself will attract the Mario fans.
yeah but then the indie pms might lack the "nintendo polish." i mean i'd be up for nintendo letting fans make fangames as long as those games are distinct from official titles and aren't going to be comprimising their profits significantly, but i want the official paper mario series to continue. all that needs to happen is for nintendo and intelligent systems to listen to what fans have wanted for 16 years: bring back ttyd's formula

i don't understand why that would be a concern for you.......?
because n are good at making games and have just this polish in most of their games that they make and yeah i'm not the most experienced fangame player but i'm kind of concerned that leaving paper mario to the fans would reduce its quality

Honestly? Paper Mario in of itself feels like something an indie game developer would make, especially 64 and TTYD nowadays. It doesn't use heavy graphics for its presentation. Its gameplay is rather unconventional. Its RPG system is simple yet elegant, nothing too overly complicated. Its writing is quirky and pokes fun at things. It feels perfect for a smaller studio to handle, not necessarily one populated by fans mind you, but at least with proper guidance and direction by Nintendo, they can make something fantastic.

Have you really played indie titles? I know Minecraft was one of them.

Nintendo hasn't really branched off to indie but when they did, we did get Cadence of Hyrule, which was pretty well-received.

I don't think it's anything to fear about. I don't think an indie-produced Paper Mario game endorsed by Nintendo in the style of the original would be any worse than...y'know, Sticker Star, an official Nintendo game.

You really need to broaden your pallet.

i have a lot on my gaming plate right now on top of all this online school:
  • super mario 64 to 100%
  • super mario sunshine to any%
  • 3d land and 3d world both to 100%
  • book of mario 64 and tod to any%
  • paper mario 64 vanilla to any%
  • ocarina of time to any%
  • majora's mask after that
  • ttyd level zero challenge
  • several minecraft projects
    • my long term survivial
    • my 2 year survival
    • multiplayer with my friend cause i dont want to let him down
  • working through past 2d marios: currently on smb2 (usa)

I know they aren't indie but Ubisoft was able to give us a completely new take on the series in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle which turned out to be one of my favorite games on Switch so I'd love more games developed by other companies.

because n are good at making games and have just this polish in most of their games that they make and yeah i'm not the most experienced fangame player but i'm kind of concerned that leaving paper mario to the fans would reduce its quality
I think the polish you see is just mostly branding but I see that N does have pretty stable and well designed games but there are fan games / indie stuff that are fantastic and worthy of a Nintendo seal.

How did Mario come up with his incredible moustache? I don't even think a kilogram of wax nor combing it 360 times can give a human a moustache like that.

It's fake.

Back