post any random Mario thought on your mind

Mario decided to get some Nooz feathers and then stuck them to his face.

i think im going through a bit of a club penguin phase and i just had a big brain thought.. what if each yoshi color actually had their own distinct personality like puffles do???
so i tried to come up with one for each color. do these work? maybe yall have your own takes on this?
red: stubborn and like to fight if they get the chance. inspired by one of team chibi yoshi
orange: somewhat dumb stupid but also super nice. theyre baby!
yellow: they like to sleep A Lot. like they either sleep or just have fun. partly inspired by th yellow toad of toad brigade, and the old yellow yoshi page that had a personality section for some reason that also said that
green: of course being the main color these also get to be the most generic ones wiht the least personality Whoops
light blue: these are the smart ones, prob makes cool inventions or somethin. also inspired by team chibi yoshi
blue: intent on defending other people as much as possible
purple: theyre the creative ones but also a bit selfish, prob the most feminine one
pink/magenta: absolute goofs! i dont even know where this came from but yea!
brown: theyre like the friendliest ones. always here to support you. inspired by the one brown yoshi in paper mario just being the village leaders friend
black: theyre the Way Cool ones. mondo. groovy. you get the point! basically mini yoshi from ttyd
white: super gentle and shy. id say they wont hurt a fly but they def would because its food lmao

I believe Mario Kart DS was originally intended to have a record scratch motif. If you listen to some of the songs from the Kiosk Demo, you can actually here what I believe to be a record scratch sound, here's a link to a few of the songs:
Title Screen
Shroom Ridge
SEQ_CIRCUIT2 (Unused)

And the songs used in the final version for comparison:
Title Screen
Shroom Ridge

The sound is barely recognisable as it what it's supposed to be in these versions of the songs.

Also, while I'm talking about MKDS, I booted the game up on my modded DSi, and the engine sound that played was different and I require answers.

EDIT: Also, also, can we bring back Mario saying "Daga Dee!"?

Last edited:
I remember hearing about that, but I thought that was just what Mario said, not the engine sound.

Morton and Lemmy koopa are played by a woman...
And I thought both were played by men!

Fun fact: most child characters, both male and female are often played by women.

Mostly in Japanese.

Little anime bois always have female voices. What else is new

Mostly in Japanese.

Little anime bois always have female voices. What else is new

Even in the west too, it's because women can sound like little boys better and they don't have to hire an actual child to do the voice.

That must be why the brave little toaster is voiced by a woman. She refers to the character as female, but the movies reference him as male. I always interpreted the voice as a younger male.

In terms of Mario, Fawful's voice is also provided by a woman in BIS. I'm not sure about SSS, but i know his laugh sounds like a little girl in that game.

I am glad to know that Baby Luigi is voiced by a 60 year old man.

but if your favorite character has a voice, which existing voice you think it'll be closest to?

hmmm

i think that as bleck it would be deep and threatening, but still sound somewhat cunning and intelligent

as blumiere it would be still low but much gentler, showing genuine affection as well as intelligence

can't really think of any voice actor for mario who fits this

Yeah but how about any character from, say, the Disney movies?

The monocle and top hat makes me think he speaks in a stereotypical British accent.

They should have the same voice actors from Super Mario Sunshine but, add voices for Mario, Luigi, and the Toads (more different voices for them.) Wouldn't it be great If a Paper Mario game had optional voice acting for when they talk?

If Paper Mario has voice acting for Mario and Mario gets full lines of dialogue, then I will take every single thing I've said about how lame and one-sided the MaRPG stories are, even if the diaogue amounts to Super Mario Bros. Super Show levels of lame.

If it's Super Show dialogue then oh boy we have a gold mine of memes coming up with that. I see that as an instant win.

Because at least when something is bad, being able to make fun of it is better than a bad thing that you take seriously, right?

Back