post any random Mario thought on your mind

I really like Peachette's voice in Tour, hope that's what she sounds like from now on

We've got the following Mario acronyms so far:

SMA - Super Mario Advance
SMB - Super Mario Bros
SMG - Super Mario Galaxy
SMK - Super Mario Kart
SML - Super Mario Land
SMM - Super Mario Maker
SMO - Super Mario Odyssey
SMP - Super Mario Party
SMR - Super Mario Run
SMS - Super Mario Sunshine
SMW - Super Mario World

Now we're missing the following letters: C, D, E, F, H, I, J, N, Q, T, U, V, X, Y and Z

Thank you for reading.

SMB - Super Mario Bros
SMG - Super Mario Galaxy
SMK - Super Mario Kart
SML - Super Mario Land
SMM - Super Mario Maker
SMP - Super Mario Party
SMR - Super Mario Run
SMW - Super Mario World

Now we're missing the following letters: C, D, E, F, H, I, J, N, Q, T, U, V, X, Y and Z

Thank you for reading.

You forgot SM64, SM3DL and SM3DW.

Let me fill in those options for ya:

• SMC - Super Mario Carrot (Nintendo is obsessed with bunnies. Why not make a game all about talking carrots?)
  • SMD - Super Mario Defense (A Tower Defense game where you're attacked by enemies from the Mario universe)
  • SME - Super Mario Education (Bring back the education games! Mario's Basics would become a very popular meme)
  • SMF - Super Mario Forwards (Because Strikers is outdated and this sounds better, especially in German)
  • SMH - Super Mario Heartbeat (Would Nintendo go for a love game? I'd be interested)
  • SMI - Super Mario Illustration (Mario Paint 2.0 sounds like something achievable)
  • SMJ - Super Mario Jewels (Where Mario collects gemstones instead of stars or moons)
  • SMN - Super Mario Naked (PEGI 18 guaranteed)
  • SMQ - Super Mario Quizlet (Game where you answer questions about the Mario universe)
  • SMT - Super Mario Thunder (A game where Mario can time travel with a car that shoots Thunderbolts, like BTTF)
  • SMU - Super Mario Universe (The next Mario game, where we finally get to see all of the real Mario universe)
  • SMV - Super Mario Vacation (Seen a trailer of The Touryst a couple days ago. Go watch that. That, but Mario)
  • SMX - Super Mario Xenon (Mario has a magical camera that can take pictures of things so he can spawn those later in other areas where he needs them)
  • SMY - Super Mario Yearbook (A school roleplaying game featuring Mario, Peach and others as students at Toadsworth Uni.)
  • SMZ - Super Mario Zoo (Mario owns a Zoo but all the animals broke out! You have to catch them before they damage the kingdom!)

Let me fill in those options for ya:
  • SMD - Super Mario Defense (A Tower Defense game where you're attacked by enemies from the Mario universe)
there's a fanmade flashgame of this
  • SMH - Super Mario Heartbeat (Would Nintendo go for a love game? I'd be interested)
  • SMX - Super Mario Xenon (Mario has a magical camera that can take pictures of things so he can spawn those later in other areas where he needs them)
  • SMY - Super Mario Yearbook (A school roleplaying game featuring Mario, Peach and others as students at Toadsworth Uni.)
  • SMZ - Super Mario Zoo (Mario owns a Zoo but all the animals broke out! You have to catch them before they damage the kingdom!)

• I'd genuinely love to play these as mobile games!

Talking about squishy things, have you seen the Shiverians in Odyssey? They're so fluffy and adorable, so squishy! 🥰
Well, it's for their survival really.

Oh and on abbreviations, there's SMBX a popular fan game. The X doesn't really mean anything, maybe an ambiguous number because you can make levels in that game?

SMJ - Super Mario Janitor. The whole plumbing gig fizzled out, so now Mario's stuck mopping floors.

I am actually surprised they haven't made some kind of plumbing puzzle game based around pipes now that I think about it.

I am actually surprised they haven't made some kind of plumbing puzzle game based around pipes now that I think about it.

I forgot what that game was where there was a puzzle where you adjusted pipes by rotating them to unlock something (was it a Bethesda game?), but did you play that recently to get inspiration for that idea?

Well Bioshock's hacking is represented with pipes so that might be what you are thinking of.

Though nothing specifically inspired me, was just thinking about how little they've done with the bros being plumbers.

yeah it was bioshock, i remember it now.

they could make some puzzles like that i guess, except expand on it

Kentaro Takekuma and Charlie Nozawa had that idea too, for Nintendo Power's Super Mario Adventures comic. I'd share it but idk if taking a picture of the page and posting here is allowed here though

They had those in the baseball games.

The names would change depending on who you had in the team and who the captain was.

Also, Mario Party had specialized duo names too. They got rid of them when team battles no longer returned in 9, Island Tour, 10, and Star Rush, and now in Super Mario Party, it's just a generic "Team Douchebag".

And yeah, Mcmadness mentioned that it did appear in Baseball, but only in Mario Superstar Baseball: Mario Super Sluggers had a fixed team name.

We were in a toy shop today and looking at the Mario stuff, and they had some Green Shell plushes that made noises when you hit them. Most of the time, it makes the standard noise for hitting a shell, but every so often it makes the noise for a 1-Up. Anyway, me and my brother were going through the point scores for hitting enemies with a shell, and found out that the number of shell noises that it made between 1-Up sounds was actually correct and corresponded to the number of points than chain before getting a 1-Up. I just liked that little attention to detail, we're used to seeing all sorts of little errors on Mario toys from branding Mario Kart DS stuff as Mario Kart 7 and not knowing the difference between Raccoon and Tanooki Mario.

SMB - Super Mario Bros
SMG - Super Mario Galaxy
SMK - Super Mario Kart
SML - Super Mario Land
SMM - Super Mario Maker
SMP - Super Mario Party
SMR - Super Mario Run
SMW - Super Mario World

Thank you for reading.

Super Mario Calls Dudes Every Friday, Happily Incinerating Jolly Ninjas Quietly Taking Ultraviolet X-rays of Youthful Zebras

mic drop

I knew about the other two but this exists?
I didn't know it existed until you mention it:

It's a good thing they added numbers near the pictures, mainly because of the game's scoring system.

A very important thing to note about this game is that Luigi is a queen. That is all.
Not to mention, Bowser Jr.

What I liked a lot about the chess is that Daisy and Birdo are both found as pieces.

Thank you for reading.

Bowser Jr. as a queen is great. It's cool to see that my favorite character is one of the most powerful pieces.

Unfortunately, it isn't as fun to call Bowser Jr. a queen as it is to call Luigi a queen.

year-of-luigi-cross-dress.jpg

Back