post any random Mario thought on your mind

Since King Goomba exists in the 3D world, do you think any other Paper Mario characters exist in the main dimension?

Most of them were probably made for the "story books", so idk. They could work though.

Pinkgu said:
Since King Goomba exists in the 3D world, do you think any other Paper Mario characters exist in the main dimension?
I like to think every character in one dimension exists in the other, but may have some personality differences (ie Luigi is more talkative in Paper Mario)

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Stats mean nothing in Mario Kart outside of Time Trial. Convince me otherwise.

Having high acceleration would get your vehicle to its maximum top speed more quickly. The only downside is that such vehicles tend to have lower top speed values than the vehicles that suffer from poor acceleration.

Pinkgu said:
Between Goomboss and the Star Spirits, yeah.
I believe the original games took place in the normal world (or one with slight differences like Kammy instead of Kamek) while the newer games take place in a parallel world that's basically the same but paper.

Pinkgu said:
800px-SuperDuelMode_-_MarioParty5.png

Otherwise, they're the exceptions. I don't think there's really a Mario canon, they just exist in their own worlds the same way Ballyhoo and Brighton and Twila exist in the context of the games they're in.

Canon is by far the most confusing thing about other franchises like Zelda and Kirby, so I generally try to ignore it. Nintendo clearly doesn't care about canon; it just seems like something they try to tack onto their games last-minute. I think the lack of an official Mario canon is a good thing.

I'm pretty late on this but I find it pretty cool Ashley managed to crack the Top 20

ThatGuy62 said:
Pinkgu said:
Between Goomboss and the Star Spirits, yeah.
I believe the original games took place in the normal world (or one with slight differences like Kammy instead of Kamek) while the newer games take place in a parallel world that's basically the same but paper.

I have a similar headcanon. The Mario that reunited the Star Spirits, thwarted the X-Nauts' scheme and saved his multiverse from the void is the same Mario as our Mario but the Mario that repaired the Sticker Comet and aided Huey with nullifying the Black Paint is the Paper Mario present in Paper Jam.

(Edit: Whoops, misread your post. I guess I have the same headcanon. xD)

Glowsquid said:
I'm pretty late on this but I find it pretty cool Ashley managed to crack the Top 20
And Daisy got the number 20 spot :D

It always drives me nuts all the times in Mario games where a situation could easily be dealt with if Mario and co didn't just stand there and let it happen.

Mcmadness said:
It always drives me nuts all the times in Mario games where a situation could easily be dealt with if Mario and co didn't just stand there and let it happen.

Peach is the no 1 example

in super mario world, iirc mario and luigi literally abandoned peach in the opening cutscene

I'm saying that because she doesn't even care about her safety after letting her ass get kidnapped so many times.

if she just dressed like she's going out to a Milli Vanilli concert rather than in a particular attractive way that invites people to kidnap her maybe people will kidnap her less lmao lol bbq

Mcmadness said:
That happens a lot in a lot of games and shows. DBZ Abridged even points that out.

Me wonders what pleasure do they get from crushing all of their bones to turn into a ball and getting shot by a cannon.

Mcmadness said:
So, is Bowser still called a demon lord in Japan?
He's still called a Daimaō? Yes he is!

Does Daimaō mean Great Demon King? That is the typical translation, and I think a few or even many fans of the West like to call him like that, although as thankfully Clyde Mandelin well explained in his article, the term is actually way more tricky. The Super Mario Bros. manual translated the term as sorcerer king, which is actually a proper translation of Maō (Dai just means great).

In short, maybe Demon is a bit of a stretch for Bowser, just call him evil overlord and he'll be fine - unless you're one of his subjects, that is.

I just call him Bowser.

Or King Bowser.

Waterfall of Flab said:
Santa Yoshi said:
Turn on Super Mario Odyssey, start the Bowser fight again, detatch your Joy-Con, and fight him with motion controls. You won't regret it.

Did you not do it like this the first time or something?
Pretty sure that most of the previous times I fought him, I happened to be in handheld mode. Big mistake. You can't even breathe fire in handheld mode.

Motion controls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> button mashing.

This game was clearly designed around motion controls. Learn from this, and play this game on TV mode whenever possible. It's much more fun.

Back