post any random Mario thought on your mind

You can definitely breath fire in handheld mode.

You just have to shake the entire thing, which isn't exactly comfortable.

Santa Yoshi said:
Pretty sure that most of the previous times I fought him, I happened to be in handheld mode. Big mistake. You can't even breathe fire in handheld mode.

A common misconception actually. I just learned today that if you hold down Y he charges a fireball. It's not any bigger than the usual but you can do it without motion.

I recently completed Super Mario Odyssey's main story, but while reading the game's articles, something has been bugging me. Rango's article claims that his story-oriented boss fights are optional, and yet last I've checked, defeating him is mandatory if you want to advance further into the story.

You know, people always talk about how Bowser's always dying, but it still amazes me that Bowservactually did die just off-screen in one game.
What makes it even more impressive is that it happened in a New Super Mario Bros game and gave said game the slightest inkling of an interesting plot.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want to see that plotline adapted into an RPG or something.

People always say he died in NSMB.

He didn't. He got turned into Dry Bowser to be sure but he wasn't dead.

Or his skin just melted off, but that doesn't necessarily means that killed him.

So are Dry Bones really undead?

To be fair, he was looking kinda lifeless right before the final battle.
Though now that I think about it, Bowser surviving having his flesh burned off might be even worse.

ThatGuy62 said:
To be fair, he was looking kinda lifeless right before the final battle.
Though now that I think about it, Bowser surviving having his flesh burned off might be even worse.

It doesn't always happen but his head can still twitch during that cutscene.
So he's less dead and more unconscious.

Look at us trying to scientifically analyze the whole thing, though, like it's not a Mario game, and an NSMB game at that.

I JUST REALISED WHY IT'S CALLED NEW DONK CITY.

You now why? Because DONKey Kong.

god I can't believe it took me this long to find that out

I don't want to be mean but, are your eyes ok? I mean the city is COVERED in Donkey Kong references.

But if there's something in NDC that's hard to spot, it's that the taxis' plaque number is 1981 (Donkey Kong's release date)

On this day 20 years ago, Mario Party was released for the N64, and it would continue on to be the longest running minigame series ever and also be an enormously popular Mario spin-off series. To recap, we've gotten over the years:

22 games (11 home console, 6 handhelds and 5 arcades)
32 playable characters in total
769 minigames

You know, it's rather funny how in Brawl, the Pokemon used their 3D model renderings for their stickers, while all the Sonic characters used their 2D renders. And yet in Ultimate, it's the other way around; the Pokemon use their 2D Dream World artworks, while the Sonic characters use their 3D renderings.

I disagree. It doesn't have any germans.

huge lol @ Kingdom Hearts's plot being described as "deep"

also spends an entire paragraph *bleep*ing about numbers

the entire review reads like it was written by an angst, edgy teenager going through puberty. i've read through all of it, and much of it is the reviewer *bleep*ing how much of a kid's game it is.

though I think the stereotypes are weird. why DO the bob-ombs have a Russian accent? is there a mushroom kingdom version of Russia? same thing with the other accents, like the random French stereotypes you find...is there a mushroom kingdom variant of France that i'm missing?

also, the reviewer acts even worse in the comments section, it's either a pain or a delight to read through it depending on the angle you're looking at this.

First of all not really because after Sunshine , the Koopa Kids continued to appear in Mario Party and second it's not weird whatsever, Koopa Kids and BJ are essencially the same type of character aka a small version of Bowser so having both would be redundant as hell.

Back