post any random Mario thought on your mind

MnSG said:
Russian Baby Luigi said:
it's okay yoshi wouldn't add much to 3d world anyway

I'd beg to differ, since he does have the long tongue and flutter jumping abilities.

so in other words, he wouldn't add anything

Or a title that isn't so cookie cutter sounding.

That's the one problem I really have with those games.

This is quite funny, I've just found out that when you compete against Dry Bowser and Dry Bones in the story mode of Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, the game refers to them as "The Boney Bunch". Every other opponent is just listed normally as their name/names, it's only those two that have a unique team name.

Somebody with one of those CPS2 Soundfont whozewhatzits should remix that first track. It's kickin'.
For that matter, Mario Pinball Land's soundtrack is pretty underrated. Granted, few remember that game exists, but still...

Yeah, this track definitely needs a rearrangement. Seems like it'll get repetitive pretty quickly though (the first part at least). But yeah, this isn't half-bad.

Well, if Smash could make a remix out of Bowser's SMB3 theme, it wouldn't be terribly hard to add to this one.

You know what boss theme really needs a rehaul and expansion?

Needs more than just the same two seconds repeated over and over.

ThatGuy62 said:
Granted, few remember that game exists, but still...

Understandable as it's not very good.

Stats mean nothing in Mario Kart outside of Time Trial. Convince me otherwise.

I feel like whatever advantages your combo has is offset by item luck. I've raced against a similarly skilled guy in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe during a Super Smash Bros. Ultimate demo event, and he used a more optimal combo than I did (I used Baby Luigi on whatever, he used Rosalina with a Sport Bike on Slicks) and I kept up with him for the most part; it was the items in the item box that really determined the race.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Stats mean nothing in Mario Kart outside of Time Trial. Convince me otherwise.

Can't convince you otherwise. Someone needs to convince me first.

I think acceleration helps a tad bit if you get Spiny Shelled but usually Spiny Shells make a difference in the race no matter your combo. You're not going to get that much of a lead if you're ahead either if the match is going smoothly.

200cc does seem to do a better job singling out skilled from the less skilled though. I don't consider myself that skilled, though.

Usually, I think for lower-skilled players, it helps to know what stats you like. But for higher-skilled ones, I feel like their importance vanishes.

I mean, I don't consider myself an expert or anything, but I do notice how huge of a role items play in races. I've raced against my sister enough times to see. And one of the reasons I won't enjoy Mario Kart's PVP online, ever.

I myself have tried PvP so many times online and I can never really get into it. Just not my cup of tea.

I'm just not into online gaming with randoms in general, even if it is PvE. Though PvE with friends is a blast, like always.

I can't wait for Smash Ultimate model importing like Peach over Ridley model swapping.

So, is Bowser still called a demon lord in Japan?

Mcmadness said:
So, is Bowser still called a demon lord in Japan?
I may be wrong, but I think Bowser's second form in Puzzle & Dragons (which was a while ago admittedly) was called "Demon King Bowser" or something.
He might also be reusing his boxing ring title from 3DS/Wii U in Smash Ultimate and that called him"Great Demon King of the Turtle Tribe"

Back