post any random Mario thought on your mind

I think Koopa Kids worked as minion versions of Bowser's species that aren't specific characters like the Koopalings. They seem to enjoy using Boom Boom for that now, but I preferred the Koopa Kids. It's sad to see Bowser bringing in a whole motley crew to Super Mario Party but still no Koopa Kid :/

Fawful Claus said:
I think Koopa Kids worked as minion versions of Bowser's species that aren't specific characters like the Koopalings. They seem to enjoy using Boom Boom for that now, but I preferred the Koopa Kids. It's sad to see Bowser bringing in a whole motley crew to Super Mario Party but still no Koopa Kid :/
Agreed and agreed. I miss those little rascals. They seem to have disappeared with Hudson.

Crafted Yoshi is Smash Ultimate looks utterly dreadful. They went for plush material, but the result looks like studded vomit. They shouldn't have attempted plush shaders, especially not in a game render engine that's far from capable of reproducing plush fabric. At a distance, it doesn't look any different from normal Yoshi because the normal maps are far too fine to be viewed, but up close, it looks like the developers took some image noise, made it a normal map and just applied it all over the body with little care how deformities would stretch the texture.

The render itself does imitate the fabric better, but they also did a hatchet job. They kept the eyes, mouth, shell, and shoes "the same" while the rest gets a fabric and the result looks like a cheap Photoshop job that doesn't convey a 3D model but more of a lazy cropping job. The clashing between the "nonplush" and the "plush" is so jarring, it flattens the image.

The alt is a thoroughly bad idea and I don't see any reason they would opt for it aside from advertising a game barely anyone talks about.

If they were going to swap the Black Yoshi swap with anything, I would have gone with Orange, just because I don't like Black and White Yoshis apart.

The Crafted Yoshi swap is so dumb because it's nearly indistinguishable from the default green. Same with the Spiky-eared Pichu swap in relation to the default yellow. Should have used the old green swap from Melee.

I think the crafted Yoshi seems like a good idea with poor execution. It might have worked better if they had gone for a woolly Yoshi, as the patterns on them are clearly visible and they're a slightly different shade of green, so it would be more distinctive. They're also a slightly different shape, so if they went as far as to include the different shaping, the difference between the two would be much more visible.

I too feel that the Black Yoshi palette should not have been replaced by a palette that looks too much like the default palette. The Black Yoshi may no longer be unique as it was in Yoshi's Story, but it's still a recurring Yoshi color.

Of course, the removal of the Fire Mario palette has to be the biggest sin, since it's Mario's most notable power-up in the entire Super Mario series.

I don't think Crafted Yoshi was even a good idea to begin with. There's no way you can make a skin like that look nice in Ultimate's rendering engine, not to mention that you have to replace a distinct-colored alt to make it work. The only reason they did it was just to advertise their shit game.

420px-SuperMarioParty_Waluigi.png
SegaChannel_logo.png

When I see the SEGA Channel guy, it reminds me or Waluigi's pose in Super Mario Party. It's a coincidence, I'm sure. Now we need somebody to make Waluigi hold a Switch screen and have him hold a controller.

Thank you for reading.

Waluigi was secretly working for SEGA...

And when he got there, the company was met with a financial crash and became third party.

I mean, Mario Tennis was released in 1999/2000 right?

When was SEGA reduced to third-party? 2000/2001

Pinkgu said:
Why do no one make jokes about skeletons? They been milked dry
That joke was so dull, it has me seeing red.

Snow J said:
If they were going to swap the Black Yoshi swap with anything, I would have gone with Orange, just because I don't like Black and White Yoshis apart.

The Crafted Yoshi swap is so dumb because it's nearly indistinguishable from the default green. Same with the Spiky-eared Pichu swap in relation to the default yellow. Should have used the old green swap from Melee.
Hey man, you can knock Crafted Yoshi all you want, but don't diss Spiky-Eared Pichu.
They probably should of just combined the notch-ear with the Pikachu-Colored event Pichu. that way both event Pichu could be acknowledge and the alt would stand out a bit more.

The lack of a fire Mario alt in Smush after only Barlw and Smorsh is a real crime, more so it's highly unnecessary to restrict alts to 8. Just make it uneven. Or even expand it to 11. That way we can also get white Yoshi, black Yoshi, brown Kirby, purple Kirby and so on. Give up making a handful of Mii costumes to achieve it.

mods will let you expand costume slots to 255

let the costumes rain, i say

I don't really care myself. I only ever used the default colours.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
The lack of a fire Mario alt in Smush after only Barlw and Smorsh is a real crime, more so it's highly unnecessary to restrict alts to 8. Just make it uneven. Or even expand it to 11. That way we can also get white Yoshi, black Yoshi, brown Kirby, purple Kirby and so on. Give up making a handful of Mii costumes to achieve it.
*Laughs in Bowsy* :bowjr:
All I want is one other color. If you want, you can even go the Mac route and give the Koopalings one other color each.

Anything that will get Toad into Smash. It's freaking overdue.

what even is cappy;s age. i remember seeing a few people putting it at like 14 but his voice is noticeably deeper than literally any other bonneter in the game. so what is it then.......
ive been putting it at like. 17-19 range

Then again...

Everyone beside him and Tiara are generic bonneters and the deep voice was given for distinction, so I wouldn't consider it a hint

Back