post any random Mario thought on your mind

Kind of interesting that the 3D platformers started with a larger health meter and then went to the traditional 3 hits when they started to move away from the sandbox design in Galaxy. Maybe there's a connection there, then again they kept 3 hits for Odyssey so who knows.

One thing I've always wondered-how does Mario throw fire balls without burning his hands? Like in the "Mario and Luigi" games he creates a huge fireball IN his hand and holds it while he makes it, and THEN throws it. Also-what exactly are Bowser and the Koopalings? What does Nintendo say they are? I mean Bowser's Koopa Troopas are obviously turtles and I'd say Bowser and the Koopalings and Bowser Jr are too but they a lot like lizards to me as well. Maybe a combination? I mean Bowser especially look like a lizard in the DIC Mario cartoons in his "King Koopa" character depiction. So what exactly kind of creatures are him and his son and the Koopalings? Wondered about that even longer than what I talked about with Mario throwing fireballs. If anyone's going to answer the questions on this post I'd like to have THAT question answered first.

Last edited:
Maybe they're just really good gloves.

…well, and he and his friends don't seem to get burnt by the fireballs unless they're in direct competition, and the things stay ablaze underwater, so it's probably magic. Gives "friendly fire" a new, autoantonymous meaning.

Now that Vivian's gender identity has been retconned to transgender girl in the PM:TTYD remake, does that mean that her birth name was Victor and changed it to Vivian when she started identifying as a trans girl?

While not unheard of, I don't think it's that common for trans people to choose a name based on their birth name, since often that's tied to the gender they're less comfortable with if not dysphoric over. And transphobes take advantage of that to harass people and violate their privacy, so digging for deadnames sorta rubs me the wrong way even for fictional characters

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is really good. Except for the unskippable text. Also why's the floor so reflective and shiny? It's paper!

Went to a phone repair shop to get my gf's screen replaced, the repair guy had a Tanuki Mario sticker and a Warioware Wario sticker on his computer. Was refreshing to see that.

I've been thinking about the different interpretations of Morton Koopa Jr. over the years...

• In the cartoons, he's referred to as "Big Mouth" and his whole thing is that he talks way too much.
  • In more recent interpretations such as Paper Mario: Color Splash and the Mario & Luigi remakes on 3DS, he uses as few words as possible to get his point across and is portrayed as not being very smart.
  • Then there's Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam which is sort of an in-between, where the way he talks doesn't affect his personality at all. He talks like any "normal" character would.

It's kind of interesting to see how he's changed.

I hope during the June Direct Nintendo comes up with a Mario game that isn't a remake. Remakes can get you money but something original needs to be added too

Funny how Zombone has tattered clothing despite Czar Dragon not having it with the reason given in the Super Mario RPG remake's Monster List "it didn't look like a zombie without it." And yet, Game of Thrones has a zombified dragon that doesn't have tattered clothing but has blue eyes like the White Walkers and breathes blue fire, and I can still tell it's an undead dragon.

I've been thinking about the different interpretations of Morton Koopa Jr. over the years...

• In the cartoons, he's referred to as "Big Mouth" and his whole thing is that he talks way too much.
  • In more recent interpretations such as Paper Mario: Color Splash and the Mario & Luigi remakes on 3DS, he uses as few words as possible to get his point across and is portrayed as not being very smart.
  • Then there's Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam which is sort of an in-between, where the way he talks doesn't affect his personality at all. He talks like any "normal" character would.

It's kind of interesting to see how he's changed.
Yeah same thing with Larry; in the cartoons, he was "Cheatsy" Koopa, which I have as his middle name on my profile.

I hope during the June Direct Nintendo comes up with a Mario game that isn't a remake. Remakes can get you money but something original needs to be added too
Hopefully we can get at least a couple more all-new Mario games in the remainder of the Switch's lifetime, or better yet a huge new Mario game being ported to the Switch 2 right after, in the style of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Hopefully we can get at least a couple more all-new Mario games in the remainder of the Switch's lifetime, or better yet a huge new Mario game being ported to the Switch 2 right after, in the style of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Yeah like with BOtW it should be on the Switch 1 too though

The Fandom Mario Wiki has an article on Mario Mandates LMAO

Was Nintendo/Intelligent Systems aiming for fanservice when adding various attractive female characters into Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door?

The Fandom Mario Wiki has an article on Mario Mandates LMAO

Complicated stories in Paper Mario are to be avoided.
Ah yes Paper Mario, famous for its histrionics and burlesque ruminations and loquacious aphorisms exploring complex geopolitical decisions influenced by embedded oscillatory (if not confounding) interplay of the socioeconomic macrocosm.

Was Nintendo/Intelligent Systems aiming for fanservice when adding various attractive female characters into Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door?
No, they thought having all major female characters hit on Mario through winking or kissing is a substitute for character development

If you want me to be honest, I think the fact that every single female party member has a kissing move is... gross if you ask me.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. Looking back on the first two Paper Mario games, I feel like they should've treated the partners as more than just talking tools to act as a voice for the silent protagonist.

TTYD did always seem to have a lots of instances of flirting and fawning and unrequited PDAs that… set a bit of a pushy tone, I guess I could put it.

And yeah. I really hope the next game has multiple partners who continue to develop over the entire plot. Having them all give interchangeable reactions to story beats in TTYD and SPM leaves something to be desired, and the rare exceptions are very specific. Writing partners out of the story limits the gameplay depth (and the series has probably milked its heroic sacrifice trope dry by now). I think giving a cast of partners story arcs beyond the chapters they join you in would be fresh for the series and is probably long-wanted.

They really wanted to sell how popular Paper Mario is in universe 😂 it's pretty stupid , can't he just have fem friends?

Back