post any random Mario thought on your mind

i understand why they look like that but i do not like them

My sister shared me this and now I think about it, yes, Mario's pretty competitive I suppose? I remember people going how Daisy is way more competitive than the rest of the cast, but you look at the cast themselves, and....

619px-MSWGMario.png

I'm going to say this isn't the case for ALL competitive Marios I'm seeing. He's still funny wahoo man in some pics. Hell, in the Mario Sports Mix example, he actually looks focused, but in a friendly competition with Luigi, as he's still smiling a little; Luigi looks more aggressive if anything.

It also leaves out better pics. Like this one. Looks like he wants to murder you.
600px-MarioPowerUp_MSB.jpg

And how did they miss out on this art heh. He looks like a maniac.
407px-Mario_Promo2_-_Super_Mario_Strikers.png

And probably the most angry looking of them all: Mario from the Mario Kart 64 Japanese commercial
800px-MarioMarioKart64JPCommercial.png

But look, it's not like this is unique to Mario. Look at Luigi.

Mario%27sT_Luigi.jpg
612px-Luigi_Artwork_-_Mario_Power_Tennis.png
758px-Luigi_-_Mario_Tennis_Ultra_Smash.png
773px-Luigi_Rio2016.png
568px-MSOGT_Luigi_Badminton.png

Okay.

Maybe Luigi just really hates hitting stuff with racquets and is taking out his anger on whatever is receiving those swings.'' (and what can be Luigi's nickname? the "silly yippee boy"?)

Princess Peach is generally the same at least. Guess she doesn't want to look too angry, it's not very royal and proper of her, after all. She looks like she's always having fun! I do think she should get her own art of being focused, like in Strikers Charged, and people shouldn't be afraid to make her induce a little more rage hitting those stupid balls.
Peach_MSC_artwork.jpg

And Peach should be called "the hilarious princess"!

Anyway uh it's still wholesome Twitter and we need more of that.

People who play Mario Kart and gatekeep and condescend others for using "suboptimal" builds should be forced to drive fiat multiplas with clown-colored roller tires for the rest of their lives.

2560px-Fiat_Multipla_%282002%29_%2829392161886%29.jpg

It's cool considering she's rarely playable in platformers that she's one of the Lego that does the adventuring, of course, I'd imagine that would make people want Daisy and Rosalina to get the same treatment

cant wait for we are daisy to make ANOTHER useless petition for chunky plastic daisy!!!!!!! because mario has his princess luigi needs his!!!!!!!!!

actually a couple days ago i decided to really deepdive on why i hate luaisy so much, and i believe its from the forced heteronormalicy on luigi. now, im talking specifically the deviantart fandom, but some of the biggest people who draw luaisy (Princessa-Daisy) always having luigi's character being botched to being more masculine, and daisy being more feminine. in fact, luigi is made to be so masculine HES BUFF??!?!?!

1647350053432.png

its like the luaisy fans cannot accept luigi as a soft man who is chubby....

luaisy fans also have a habit of attacking people who illustrate luigi in a dress/skirt outside of a joke. for example, this artwork by LuigiKittyKat (love her stuff) has mario and luigi dressed up like k pop idols, and luigi is wearing a skirt

1647350213461.png

and a fan of luaisy just had to spread hate

1647350329679.png

1647350385086.png

(these are his favorites, not artworks)

i genuinely hate how luaisy fans try to make luigi into something he's not, and even if they couldnt for luigi, THEY DID IT TO MR L!! poor mr l got turned into a sex crazy lunatic trying to steal daisy in stories where luigi is not masculine because we need a masculine luigi ig...

i know now people are trying to fix luaisy, but with it's past forever tainted i cannot begin to like it ever. its why i always stick with luigi being gay, as while stereotypical (LUIGI ISNT MASCULINE OMG HE MUST BE A GAY BOTTOM!!!!), at least his character always stays intact. also luigi x peasley fans are just cool (please read Need - Zarla - Mario - Fandom [Archive of Our Own] luigi is protrayed so beautifully here also the kiss scene is perfect!!!!)

anyway thanks for coming to my ted talk and tell me if you find any good luaisy fanfics, i'll be glad to have my mind changed that luaisy isnt a total dumpster fire.

(this is not to attack anyone here on the fourms, all yall amazing people i just have gripes abt this)

Last edited:
always having luigi's character being botched to being more masculine, and daisy being more feminine. in fact, luigi is made to be so masculine HES BUFF??!?!?!
Idk from the example provided Mario seems to also have muscle tone? But if you want someone to criticize anatomy then yeah the anatomy's a bit wonk, proportions and stuff.

I really think the muscle toning is off like they drew the cartoon bodies of Mario and Luigi first and then overlaid some detail over those. It's kind of weird seeing their toned abs and then their arms are still babyish.

Uh anyway as much as I like Mario and Luigi, Mario's best when he's a chub and rubber hose. Same for Luigi. Idealizing them is not something I'd personally do (same for idealizing the female characters; also sexualizing either the bros or princesses is not for me) but if people want to, then I just let them be.

Idk from the example provided Mario seems to also have muscle tone?

yeah i wasnt gonna mention it as it was off topic from the discussion but mario looks off as fuck

doesnt help that princesa daisy is a tracer so it looks even more weird

examples of her tracing include

1647359191528.png

1647360142218.png

also she has very weird ideals of relationships

1647360179137.png

these comments were on this image, of daisy FORCING a kiss on luigi

1647360229752.png

its a big shame too as i actually quite liked her original style

1647360300586.png

luigi x daisy works if daisy like picks luigi up like a little baby man and he just melts and daisy is strong and if they marry hes hte one in the dress and daisy gets a suit. that kind of dynamic. may be hetero but very queer
(daisy lesbiam though

I don't like Luigi x Daisy either and don't support this relationship. It feels like this relationship was forced by the fans as opposed to something made official by Nintendo. Does Luigi even ever show feelings of love towards Daisy in the games? I think he's hit on Peach and Rosalina more times than her. I support single Luigi; Luigi doesn't need a woman, especially not that woman. Besides, Luigi has a polterpup to keep him company and that's all he needs.

I also prefer Luigi and Peach as a pair (not a couple) than Mario and Peach. Luigi is the more interesting bro with an actual personality, so I'd rather pick him as a partner for Peach. I guess Mario and Daisy is also kind of an interesting pair? I dunno, the default pairings are kind of boring to me.

Finally, someone mentioned that Daisy is lesbian. That reminds me of a post that I saw on some message board a LONG, long time ago where someone stated that Daisy is lesbian with Toadette. 😅 My reaction to that post was: "Is it because I'm always pairing them together in Mario Party 7?" At that time, I played the 8-Player mode in Mario Party 7 a lot and Toadette + Daisy was my favorite team (yes, I liked Daisy at one point).

and a fan of luaisy just had to spread hate
View attachment 24079
omg this kind of thing is super annoying to deal with. I'd be lying if I said this didn't contribute heavily to my spite for the Luaisy and Mareach pairings (in my experience they go hand in hand, most of the jerks ship both of them, get really defensive, and go after me for having other ships for those characters)
gxGy2yL.png

MKWLrSk.png

ARI3hqS.png

6WOO7xU.png

so yeah these people definitely swayed me into "correcting my opinion" to line up with theirs 💀

A lot of homophobia and transphobia also comes into the light when some of these people start talking.

A lot of homophobia and transphobia also comes into the light when some of these people start talking.

this is exactly what im talking abt with forced heteronormality. the bros and the princesses HAVE to be straight and into each other or you will get attacked. the one saying "you're fucked in the head for thinking luigi is gay" is basically the kind of treatment i have gotten for preferring luigi to like males. ive been especially attacked for liking lugoo (luigi x gooigi), even though its set up in my universe that luigi and gooigi are separate beings, (i mean they are already in canon but people still think its selfcest?).

tbh i hope nintendo continues to have mario/luigi dress costumes available for future games to come, i love the shot at gender norms and seeing these shippers get mad that mario/luigi are not following male gender roles. also please keep luigi single, as soon as any daisy gets into series like luigi mansion it will be actual hell in the fandom.

also mario x vivian is more based than mareach ever will be LMAO

yeah i wasnt gonna mention it as it was off topic from the discussion but mario looks off as fuck
[...]
Yeah if you don't mind me explaining why he's "off".
First, his size. He's tiny. REALLY tiny compared to Daisy. You might think it's a sort of stylistic shortness, but you look at Luigi and Peach, and they're around the same height sitting. Also his arms. You look at them and they resemble a lot like the retro Mario art where Mario's SUPER stubby, fair enough (though his hands need to be larger, they otherwise make his arms look too short even for him); BUT you look at Luigi's arms and they're all realistically proportioned. Also, I'm seeing a BIT of understanding of how skeleton and muscle and fat are put together but I'm not seeing a grasp on basic shapes of muscles; they just look sketched on. The clavicle bone on Luigi looks pretty odd, like most figure art I've seen has only one set of those bones, but Luigi's sporting two, and the higher one just isn't correct. Mario's belly doesn't seem right either, that's just not how abs wrap around the body.

And then there's Mario's right leg which is just dislocated. I'm just having a lot of trouble trying to figure out how that appendage is connected to the body, it doesn't make sense. Heels aren't THAT round, like not to the point it looks swollen (no offense?).

I did remove all that weird anatomical detail from Mario and IDK it looks better. Mario honestly shouldn't be having much detail to begin with, he's only a background element anyway, and it's not like his arms are realistically toned either.

tylflUq.png

This is not intended to crush this artist's spirits but to help you identify why there's problems in how that art is put together. IDK if that's just old art or not, it might be, and the artist might've improved since there, but...

I can't fault her or not for tracing, just as long as she wants to create art that's fine. I'm not really concerned with technique if all she wants is just to express and contribute to Mario fanart. I'm not really bothered by her style and I'd much prefer seeing that kind of art over the usual fetish stuff. That being said, I also think she has to commit to one style or the other, as while Daisy's head is traced, her body isn't, being way too pencil thin; Daisy might be a cartoon lady with conventional attractive proportions, but she's not THAT thin.

I also agree that with tracing, the art loses a lot of character in favor of way too strict fidelity. But if you rely on tracing too much you do risk losing on developing a sort of technique and you don't learn to block in shapes and whatnot. You should draw from reference, don't use tracing as a crutch.

Without any context I can't really discern what's being said and what's being meant here. But taking the comment at face value, I don't think being emotionally manipulative af (blackmail? for...?) and "in a good mood" go together. Also that phone isn't really even pointing at them, not how that flat perspective's suggesting anyway.

Daisy: HAHAHA AREN'T WE LOVELY TOGETHER! THIS IS MY PHONE BACKGROUND, LUIGI, SHOWING OUR TRUE LOVE. XD THEN I CAN BLACKMAIL YOU BECAUSE EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION IS JUST AN EVERYDAY COMPONENT OF A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP.
Luigi: That's just a blue sky and a porch. I think you pointed your phone the wrong direction. Now let me reach over the guardrails. I need to hurl... I mean, moisturize my face from with the seawater. Y'know, seawater, that's the latest anti-aging fad. Yeah.

I don't like Luigi x Daisy either and don't support this relationship. It feels like this relationship was forced by the fans as opposed to something made official by Nintendo. Does Luigi even ever show feelings of love towards Daisy in the games? I think he's hit on Peach and Rosalina more times than her. I support single Luigi; Luigi doesn't need a woman, especially not that woman. Besides, Luigi has a polterpup to keep him company and that's all he needs.

I also prefer Luigi and Peach as a pair (not a couple) than Mario and Peach. Luigi is the more interesting bro with an actual personality, so I'd rather pick him as a partner for Peach. I guess Mario and Daisy is also kind of an interesting pair? I dunno, the default pairings are kind of boring to me.

Finally, someone mentioned that Daisy is lesbian. That reminds me of a post that I saw on some message board a LONG, long time ago where someone stated that Daisy is lesbian with Toadette. 😅 My reaction to that post was: "Is it because I'm always pairing them together in Mario Party 7?" At that time, I played the 8-Player mode in Mario Party 7 a lot and Toadette + Daisy was my favorite team (yes, I liked Daisy at one point).
If there's a few examples to go by, then...
800px-Daisy_Circuit_statue_MKWii.png

MGTTIntro1.png

You hear a very audible
Mario? 💗
LUIGI!!!! 🌼

419px-Luigi_Daisy_NES.png

800px-DaisyTrophyMarioPowerTennis.png
'
And Fortune Street quotes? These actually aren't documented in our wiki. Somebody ought to rip the script from that game...

You might argue they're scattershoot examples, but in reality most relationships you're seeing in the Mario franchise are pretty half-baked. Devil's advocate even asks, HAS Mario and Peach really spent more time together than Luigi and Daisy? Most I've seen are kisses and maybe a few comments like "I love you Peach". There's probably Luigi's Mansion 3?? A few seconds of Mario blubbering about Peach? This whole debacle and gatekeeping about what's the "correct" ship in the scope of the Mario franchises is a little bit puzzling to me since everything is so underdeveloped, on purpose.

omg this kind of thing is super annoying to deal with. I'd be lying if I said this didn't contribute heavily to my spite for the Luaisy and Mareach pairings (in my experience they go hand in hand, most of the jerks ship both of them, get really defensive, and go after me for having other ships for those characters)
gxGy2yL.png

MKWLrSk.png

ARI3hqS.png

6WOO7xU.png

so yeah these people definitely swayed me into "correcting my opinion" to line up with theirs 💀

I'm not really much into that "shipping" conversation but this is some of the pettiest, most trivial things to latch and act toxic and gatekeep about.

Dear Lightning Bolt: You don't seem to grasp the idea of a disagreement. You can assert it all you want but if I break your childish, idiotic statements down, that's opinion. "A lot of people", "most people", "love", those are all subjective statements, not to mention super vague anyway. "A lot" could mean 6 people. "Most people" could mean 50.1% of everyone. And what makes majority opinion "correct"? Most people think goldfish have terrible memories or that msg causes headaches or that veins are blue or that the sun is yellow. That's all wrong. If someone doesn't agree with your ideas you can just not be so pointlessly toxic and condescending.

Dear: Smash Ultimate render collage person: I also think your pfp is illegal by having copyrighted characters, and that bad positioning of Mario and Peach ought to be made illegal but I'm not reporting you to authorities for copyright infringement and pfp hackery am I? Stay off their wall.

Dear weirdo: I think telling some random person in the meanest possible terms on how much you don't like this person's opinion on a popular children's cartoon character with an undercooked personality is more "f*d in the head" than any sort of mild opinion regarding one orientation on a wide-ranging spectrum of human attraction applying to a popular children's cartoon character with an undercooked personality. Grow up.

You want Mario and Peach eventually bond? Sure, whatever. Mario and Daisy? Sure, whatever. Mario and Toadette? Sure, whatever. Mario and Rosalina? Fine. Mario and Bowser? A little out there, but I can imagine wholesome art there too. Mario and Wario? Again... whatever, but probably don't share it personally with me.

Personally? I'm a Mario + Peach person. I'm probably the most boring person on the planet and I accept that. I don't really see much interesting dynamic between Luigi and Daisy, I just see Daisy as more independent and more interested in weightlifting, axe-grinding, twisting Waluigi into pretzels and tying Wario to the back of a spaceship.

this is exactly what im talking abt with forced heteronormality. the bros and the princesses HAVE to be straight and into each other or you will get attacked. the one saying "you're fucked in the head for thinking luigi is gay" is basically the kind of treatment i have gotten for preferring luigi to like males. ive been especially attacked for liking lugoo (luigi x gooigi), even though its set up in my universe that luigi and gooigi are separate beings, (i mean they are already in canon but people still think its selfcest?).

tbh i hope nintendo continues to have mario/luigi dress costumes available for future games to come, i love the shot at gender norms and seeing these shippers get mad that mario/luigi are not following male gender roles. also please keep luigi single, as soon as any daisy gets into series like luigi mansion it will be actual hell in the fandom.

also mario x vivian is more based than mareach ever will be LMAO
Again, why are these people soooo bothered and make it sooo personal that people have interpretations of things that don't line up with theirs? I don't go around ruining people's days for pairing Mario and Bowser or simply liking Yoshi or Wario. Hell I dislike fetish art a lot but why should I engage in it if it's not my thing? Some of these people even do this for a living, I shouldn't be shaming them for this and they didn't do this to ruin my day. It's not their fault I see it, it's mostly dA's fault for a lack of a filter.

I love Mario in a dress lol. I used to make fun of it, but I guess there was a part in me that genuinely liked it, idk, it's a strange feeling. I've shedded the "making fun of it" part generally but I always liked the sort of playful feminine frivolity that dresses in Mario games convey, so I like it for being silly in a way but not because "haha man wearing woman clothes" but the same amusement when I see Peach in a dress beating up people. Hell I like Peach crossdressing too!

As for Daisy being in Luigi's Mansion? I want her in there. I don't pay attention much to fandom, or wherever that is, and idk we shouldn't be dumping garbage on Daisy fans that genuinely like Luigi and Daisy and don't act toxic to other people. Sure, you don't have to agree with Daisy's being in Luigi's Mansion, but I don't think "because of assholes on the Internet" is all too great of a reason. It's like me saying I want Luigi's Mansion to die off because some toxic Luigi fans wrote shitty fanfics. I can't even say if those people in particular are representative of that likely-diverse range of people that share two simple opinions that "Mario and Peach should date each other, Luigi and Daisy should date each other" to the point we can cast that sort of generalization about them like that.

I don't agree with Mario x Vivian just because, even given the commonly thin gruel Mario-series relationships already tread on, they have so little to work off each other (Mario helps her a lot but he otherwise displays so little to her despite her being all flirty, along with multitudes of other girls that just fall for him, you have to lay blame for Mario's pretty passive role in general in the Paper Mario games as well as just the extremely self-contained context of the partners' arcs of Paper Mario) and it doesn't seem very interesting to me personally.

hetero ships are borrrringgggg anyway SMH ! Give me gay people
Yeah.. I can admit. If you're not seeing them in fanfic you're seeing them in movies, books, songs, etc. It gets tiring to hear lyrics sometimes. "You cheated on me, you hurt me a lot, my heart this my heart that, hearts, blah blah blah." happens so much it's a joke lol, and it makes me wonder if romance is worth it when you can just have an identical twin sister without this alien clown show nonsense that is nonsibling relationships a lot of times (hell I liked Frozen's "true love" twist a lot). Anyhow, I sometimes even think about lyrics by a male singer that talk about "you're so sweet you're so pretty blah blah blah blah" etc, but I sometimes try to imagine a context of a man singing for another man.

Last edited:
I mean is there video game box art of Mario with tiny Princess Peaches raining around him or official art of Mario sitting and sifting through tiny Princess Peaches and looking balefully around his shoulder to the viewer? No.

The only shipping I care about is the one that moves things around.

Back