post any random Mario thought on your mind

if nintendo ever releases Mario 3D Maker, i bet 5 year olds will be able to design better levels than Sunshine's lily pad mission.

that may be one of the game's really low points, but i do recognize other parts as brilliant. the game is as equally fun as it is incredibly frustrating. if someone asked me to rate it, i would say it's great and terrible at the same time with no in-between.

Kinda reminds me of some of the Sonic games, where they have really great highs and very low lows, lol. Like a polarizing experience. I've never experienced Sunshine myself, but my sister said it's not that great because of how bad the lows are, strange for a Mario game which usually has a consistent quality throughout the game, even if kicking Pokey heads into walls and seeing them look like they leak blood was entertaining.

It seems that the key to clearing the pachinko machine is to not use hover nozzle after getting launched since that messes with the physics and then after you land you make adjustments and whatnot iirc. But it's not good design either way.

The mission itself isn't so bad. The worst part is actually getting there...and also that troll pipe at the end that has no reason to exist.

Meh. Even at their most frustrating, Nintendo games can be dealt with if you put in the work. I'm used to that and I don't feel like the lily pad mission itself is that hard. The problem is that, as you probably know, I'm playing it on the Switch, which has the you know what, and it's torture. I don't think I'm going to fully complete the game.

Kinda reminds me of some of the Sonic games, where they have really great highs and very low lows, lol. Like a polarizing experience. I've never experienced Sunshine myself, but my sister said it's not that great because of how bad the lows are, strange for a Mario game which usually has a consistent quality throughout the game, even if kicking Pokey heads into walls and seeing them look like they leak blood was entertaining.

Sunshine is like blue cheese. You hate it at first. It gets some time to get used to. You are dealing with something half-rotten, but you kinda start liking it. It has great parts, like no other thing of the sort, but does it make you so damn salty that sometimes you just want to be done with it. A roller coaster of impressions that ultimately leaves a good taste in your mouth.

I did not eat my cartridge.

The term is acquired taste I suppose! Sunshine could've benefited from an actual rework of their design though, I think. Sunshine might be a good game on its own merits but when you compare it to other Nintendo titles it just feels lackluster.

I remember this video being shared a few times in the Look at it thread. I actually haven't watched it, but given my fascination with the weird and ugly, I probably should.

1. I finished NSMBU (and Luigi U)

What's Your Opinion In Rock Candy Mines and Superstar Road?

2. Is Copying levels and Changing something to make them "Different" a good way to make more levels

3. Mario Version Of Rythm Heaven... Should Nintedo Do it? If so what Rythm Heaven? Mabye Megamix? (Rythm Tengoku Counts Too)

@ third mario brother: obviously ummmm [looks up boy names starting from m] Melvin
@ mario version of rhythm heaven: i mean warioware is mario games and its closely related to rh??

Okay Random Thought, Mario Bros, But its Rythm Heaven... Im probably Going To Go though DS all the way to Rythm Tengoku

Remix 1 - DS

Glee Club- 3 Green Koopas and One Red Koopa

Fillbots - Bob-ombs Different Sizes

Fan Club- Singer: Princess Peach Audience: Toads

Build To Scale- You Flick a Mushroom in a ? Mark Box
Good Idea, Right?

*teleports all over the place while sweenging dee armz*

I can't say that. The thread for this game has frequent posts, and I check back to see what assets they'll put in the game. I remember it for the wrong reasons. I have to remember because I worry that Nintendo will try to apply its tedious, grindy gambling gameplay loop to a paid game, which other so-called Triple A gaming corporations have done including EA with Madden, FIFA (the packs), or Activision with Call of Duty, or 2K with its basketball games.

Like, imagine paying 60 dollars upfront for a Mario Kart Tour sequel on console, and that's the new Mario Kart installment.

Ah well. At least it looks great. I just find it funny when Mario games come and go.

I don't think they updated it to make you able to go backwards since I last played it lol.

Mario Kart Tour on console? What? All I see is the thing where you make Mario drive in your house.

Oh no! It's Pipe-O-Rama! : gaming's Pipe-O-Rama! : gaming

Can anyone tell me what on earth is a pipe-o-rama?
(Forgot about this)
This is from Super Mario Adventures. In the beginning of the book, Mario and Luigi come across randomly spawned pipes and something's gummin' up the plumbing, and Mario's all shocked he found a palooza of pipes.

Ah well. At least it looks great. I just find it funny when Mario games come and go.

I don't think they updated it to make you able to go backwards since I last played it lol.

Mario Kart Tour on console? What? All I see is the thing where you make Mario drive in your house.
I mean if Nintendo was like Activision or EA, they'd make a full-priced Mario Kart game but have it play like a free-to-play mobile game. Again, imagine a mobile game like Mario Kart Tour, sold at full price (even more with some certain editions, like pay 30 more to get level 30 ultra-rare Rusty Copper Luigi). I just worry Nintendo actually goes that route and puts out a Mario Kart game like this. Certainly, Nintendo's not above putting in manipulative monetization schemes in their games; they can get away with it in Mario Kart Tour. They've also gotten away with charging online in their Nintendo Switch Online scam, so...

Back