post any random Mario thought on your mind

So according to your playthrough, it's canon...

Do you mean as in, "This is canon, but I have yet to see it in a playthrough that isn't mine" or "this is how it goes down specifically in my playthrough" because "canon" and "my playthrough" don't mesh, unless you're playing the game and making it a point to do things the way they are in the canon
The latter

Don't forget about the Chain Chomp hack!
Well I tried it for now, the Bowser Shell hack. It's laughably chaotic though I couldn't get past the results screen. I realize the codes seem to be made for the EU version so....

Jcqnrc2.png

Oh my god I'm trying to perfect run All Cup Tour with that Bowser Shell hack with the Koopa King and everyone else is Wario on a Goo-Goo Buggy, and it's so goddamn hard compared to how awfully easy Double Dash is otherwise. Luigi Circuit and Baby Park are the most evil courses, but most tracks are primed to screw you up if you get 2nd or 3rd because the AI likes to throw the shells backward on top it.

jBTDS5a.jpg

Getting the gold isn't a problem, it's getting 1st in all races that is.

Last edited:
Hacks like that make me wish Mario Kart games have cheats like that, like the Magic Codes function in Diddy Kong Racing. It spices up the game a lot. I don't think "Shells Only With Coins" in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will cut it.

Oh, I just want to add that while Baby Part has been frustrating, I've been constantly hearing Warios' "OWWWW-WWAAAAH!!"s and it always makes me laugh. I'm so tempted to share a video of it :P

Please do. Give everyone access to the music of heaven.

Considering I am in both the Sonic and Bomberman fandoms and seen it gone horribly wrong, I wouldn't want it, but if there was a Mario game that was a little vulgar, who would be the best fit for the star?

Honestly, Bowser and Wario considering they are pretty crude already, definitely not Mario himself, don't want to give those "MUSHROOMS ARE DRUGS, LOL" types to get validation

Considering I am in both the Sonic and Bomberman fandoms and seen it gone horribly wrong, I wouldn't want it, but if there was a Mario game that was a little vulgar, who would be the best fit for the star?

Honestly, Bowser and Wario considering they are pretty crude already, definitely not Mario himself, don't want to give those "MUSHROOMS ARE DRUGS, LOL" types to get validation
bowser jr being a totally rad teenager: the game

Reactions: zel

430px-Dr_Arewo_Stein_Artwork_Wario_Land_4.png

Sometimes, I need to take a break from my research. Forgive me. Actually, I do some other things during my breaks, but it's not appropriate for young boys... so have your mother explain to you someday!"

"It's not easy to say out loud... I looked at something for adults. Even though I looked behind me to make sure no one was looking, it seems someone found out. I guess I'm a man after all!

Never realized just how ass shaped his head is.

But it is a Wario game after all.

They can also make Mario and Luigi deal with more vulgar parts, just make it related to his plumbing job like he has to deal with discarded female hygienic products or something. I mean assuming you want a bit of adult vulgarity while still keeping them in character.

I'll pass on infantile humour.

A member of the Koopa Troop undergoes the difficulties of maintaining a relationship and his job as a member of the Koopa Troopa, which he disagrees with the moral implications of kidnapping the princess and his commander, Bowser but is something that he has to do anyway while his spouse disagrees with everything he's doing and believes that he spends too much time on his job.

Wario seems to be a natural fit for that type of thing. But they could also use Waluigi.

How about both? Lemme try to come up with an edgy plotline starring the Wario Gang.

Plotline: Wario runs out of money after falling for some Nigerian prince scams/lawsuits and loses both his castle and his totally legit microgame buisness. Then he goes to Waluigi's apartment. Waluigi gets pissed when he hears (because that means he can't leech off Wario anymore), but Wario calms him down and the two decide that one way or another, they're getting their dough back.

So they head off to Dr. Crygor's place, since he's a science guy and could probably help them. They convince Crygor to help with a promise of 1/3 of the dough (fingers crossed behind their backs, though). So after packing up their shit, the three of them move into a crackden in some random neighborhood to keep the cops off their tail, and scheme ways to get rich quick. Crygor acts as their middle man and "plug"; he spreads Wario and Waluigi's names to employers, cooks drugs for them with his SCIENCE SKILLZ and notifies them of "odd jobs" from the apartment, and most missions involve Wario and/or Waluigi taking one of those jobs (and failing hilariously) as... THE WAA-JOB CREW.

The jobs that THE WAA-JOB CREW fail at range from farming, working at fast food restaurants, and other ethical and morally sound jobs like robbing banks, robbing stores, selling/purchasing illegal drugs, hacking, hitmen for hire (generally hired by gangstas to kill other gangstas and rival gang members, or people wanting to kill an annoying coworker or something), bodyguards for pimps, counterfeiting, and MAYBE doing a legit job once in a while, but only after the get-rich quick shit. When not on the job, they earn money in the neighborhood (aka hub level) in easy ways, like placing pizza delivery orders to the crackden to mug the delivery guy, escaping the opps, and going on epic adventures. A lot of other characters from all across the Mario franchise appear in roles of varying size, often as part of a mission, except the main Mario characters.

Wario has a manly physique that allows him to break shit better, take more damage and makes him better for fighting, can save money on clothes by wearing his childhood outfits (cause he short), and has the power to instantly ruin a girl's day on sight. Waluigi is faster/more agile, is a better hacker, has epic dance skills, and can go shirtless without instantly repulsing everyone in the room. His frail, slim-jim figure lets him reach groceries from the top shelf without a stepladder, but it combined with his even worse luck compared to Wario makes him not the best for fighting and especially chance based missions. You can swap between characters at any point. Also, Co-op is available so you and a pal can fail and be deadbeats in harmony.

Do they ever get rich again? And will Mario and his friends eventually appear in some form? Well, maybe, who knows. I didn't think that far ahead.

As for the name... I got stuck on that part. You guys choose, I guess.

WTF, it wasn't supposed to be this long. I should stop getting carried away, lol. Yeah, that's definetly NOT what the real game would look like, lmao. But y'know what, for a semi-joke pitch, that was pretty fun to write, even if I just made it up as I went along.

Last edited:
Been playing a bunch of western styled rpgs lately, mainly old Bioware ones (baldur's gate, knights of the old republic, dragon age origins) and I would be amused to see what a western styled Mario rpg game would be like.

I don't know if it would be good or not, but the idea amuses me.

I keep thinking "cowboys" whenever I read "western styled" and I have to remind myself what it actually means in this context.

i've always prefered the term "occidental" to "western"

If Mario was forced to be "deep" and tell a good story, I think racism and income inequality would make for natural themes. Toads, majority species, being ruled by a minority species (humans). Toads believing they're meant to be the ruling species, being descended from a mythical ruling class. Species tensions. Specieism. And there's the blue-collar worker Mario and everyday Toad rescuing ruling class royalty Peach. Mushroom Kingdom is shown as peaceful and verdant in-game but there's dilapidated buildings and poverty. shown only in Rogueport but even that's dignified compared to the "reality".

Been playing a bunch of western styled rpgs lately, mainly old Bioware ones (baldur's gate, knights of the old republic, dragon age origins) and I would be amused to see what a western styled Mario rpg game would be like.

well Mario + Rabbids wasn't a jrpg for starters but I like to see more formats that aren't jrpg in the Mario franchise.

If Mario was forced to be "deep" and tell a good story, I think racism and income inequality would make for natural themes. Toads, majority species, being ruled by a minority species (humans). Toads believing they're meant to be the ruling species, being descended from a mythical ruling class. Species tensions. Specieism. And there's the blue-collar worker Mario and everyday Toad rescuing ruling class royalty Peach. Mushroom Kingdom is shown as peaceful and verdant in-game but there's dilapidated buildings and poverty. shown only in Rogueport but even that's dignified compared to the "reality".

well Mario + Rabbids wasn't a jrpg for starters but I like to see more formats that aren't jrpg in the Mario franchise.
that's an ok idea but i'd prefer it to go beyond the main cast of the mario fran chise

I would like to see that fill in the vacuum left by the Mario & Luigi series.

Seriously, I sorta get what Nintendo said about how that there are two turn-based, traditional JRPGs that feel a bit redundant; people without turn-based JRPGs as their cup of tea would be appealed by neither of them. It would be much more interesting if we saw another take of a Mario RPG that doesn't fall under the traditional, turn-based type, and a western-styled RPG for a Mario game would be one of them. Have a Mario looter game. Or an action RPG. Mario + Rabbids felt fresh and new. We can have a new take on the Mario series.

Back