post any random Mario thought on your mind

idk it seems like you got your count to 39 after the fact

You know it sounds silly but one of my dreams is to find a Mario game Nintendo intended to make, never did and never made public, hey, less emotional damaging than being a real detective

Reactions: zel
His gloves. They not only insulate his fire, but they probably allow him to shoot fire. :P

I'd be down for a platformer that stars Peach or has Peach playable and the goal is to have her escape the castle and get back to Mushroom Kingdom. This can be a main plot point or share a half where you're doing the usual Mario shenanigans.

And have it be Nintendo Hard just to show why she never does. Lost life = back to the cage! Heck, make it endless and unwinnable, and the only point is to get a high score based on distance or something.

Alternatively, make Peach escaping Bowser's castle a new game plus mode, where she plays harder versions of the levels. All of them are played in the reverse direction of course.

Yeah great. I just like to see a spin on the damsel trope that gives Peach some control rather than a mere plot device for Mario to fight Bowser. Kinda like how the first two Paper Marios tells the player how she is from her view, but if they're going to make another platformer, I think a Peach version of the game will be neat.

A thought occurred to me that Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario put you on opposite positions in terms of offense and defense.

In Paper Mario you must strategically choose your attack and dodging requires a simple button press.
In Mario & Luigi you're either only using your basic jump/hammer attack or your strongest special move and dodging requires a more complicated pattern. Enemies also have more variety in attacks so you need to keep learning new doges.

More like the moment you get spike and ice shield you just jump on everything

Ice Shield was pretty useless imo, unlike Spike Shield it's only effective on Embers and their relatives.

In Thousand-Year Door at least, dunno if that badge was in the original.

it lets you jump on embers without worry, thus using the extremely easy to break jumping badges on them.

Seriously, by end game you're better off never using your hammer altogether,

it lets you jump on embers without worry, thus using the extremely easy to break jumping badges on them.

Seriously, by end game you're better off never using your hammer altogether,
Idk if I'd go that far but I agree jumping is usually a better option than hammer in most situations. I'd like for hammer to have more going for it to balance the two.

Look at it this way for TTYD.

Ultra Boots: 3 damage twice

Ultra Hammer: 6 damage once

Ultra Boots with 2 power pluses, 1 all or nothing , 1 jump man: 7 damage twice

Ultra Hammer with 2 power pluses, 1 all or nothing (no hammer man as there are no efficient badges to deal with flying enemies that don't rely on FP) 9 damage once

And thats just for basic attacks, thats not even getting into stuff like the spin jump or spring jump or power-bounce.

By end game the hammer is basically completely outclassed by jumping.

Last edited:
This is actually something I like about the later games having consumable attack option. You can't use the equivalent of the Power Bounce all that much in that game since you use up your attacks, and the Infinited Bounce (I think it's called?) is a pretty rare sticker/card, so it doesn't break the game all that much.

guys look at this
ttyd's battle system is stilll great, but its kinda broken

Daily reminder that Mario and Bowser have canonically kissed in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

according to my playthrough but details details

So according to your playthrough, it's canon...

Do you mean as in, "This is canon, but I have yet to see it in a playthrough that isn't mine" or "this is how it goes down specifically in my playthrough" because "canon" and "my playthrough" don't mesh, unless you're playing the game and making it a point to do things the way they are in the canon

Back