post any random Mario thought on your mind

After playing DKCR I full heartily agree that the NSMB series should follow its gorilla sized banana smelling footsteps in doing away with the course Time Limit except as a post challenge.

Last edited:
now wat about removing lives like rayman origins/legends while were at it

Instant respawn too. Not this nonsense in Odyssey where Nintendo stretches what should be 3 seconds to 10 seconds because it's really important showing that coin counter.

Reactions: zel
Tbh I never understood the complaints behind the death screen. It lasts for, what, less than two seconds? Sure, nothing of value would be lost if it were removed...but I've never been annoyed in the least by it either.

It's not less than two seconds. Rayman Legends respawn is way faster, and the coin counter shenanigans add up. It's like the trite dialogue in Animal Crossing. What could've been two seconds extends to five seconds.

It's because it exists solely to waste your time without adding any sort of value to the game and the decision was deliberate because the developers think you're stupid, that's why it's drawn out and that's why it shows a decreased coin amount by showing that screen. Sure, it sounds like only 5 seconds, but those seconds add up, especially in a hard platforming segment.

This is a video (Mario's Nintendo 3DS tour) where Mario talks for five minutes straight, which I really think is his current record of how long he talks for any amount time in probably his entire existence. Holy ravioli! And it's relatively recent!

.... the 3DS born and died and during those ten years I never heard of this????? :sad:

So I was just watching some old cinema snob episodes (for those who don't know he's a youtuber who reviews the lowest grade trash films imaginable) and I watched his reviews of the parody films super hornio brothers 1 and 2.

Then I'm reminded that Nintendo legally owns these 2 films specifically so they would never be officially re-released in any capacity whatsoever.

It's not even the first time Mario pronounces "games" like this. If you played Mario Strikers, you have a chance of hearing him yell "NEXT LEVEL GAMES-SES" in the opening logo screens

In case anybody's not aware, Wario also said "game-ses", so it's not just Mario who had this quirk. In fact, a lot of speech quirks are shared with Mario, as if Wario wishes he were Mario.

Thank you for reading.

So I was just watching some old cinema snob episodes (for those who don't know he's a youtuber who reviews the lowest grade trash films imaginable) and I watched his reviews of the parody films super hornio brothers 1 and 2.

Then I'm reminded that Nintendo legally owns these 2 films specifically so they would never be officially re-released in any capacity whatsoever.

I should watch those, I love Cinema Snob.

If it is real, I wouldn't put too much hope in it: Super Mario Run didn't generate all the money in the world, so they're probably going to do yet another terrible FTP model than spend time making an actually decent runner game at a reasonable, one-time price.

Fun fact: Animal Crossing's movie got reaired after a long time for New Horizons
Could it be possible that Great Mission To Rescue Princess Peach will be finally put on DVD/Blu-Ray/Digital for the anniversary of Super Mario Bros?

Reactions: zel
i love the movie so thatd slap so hard!! its such an interesting early take on the series And it somehow just sorta predicted elements of it that will appear later
id like to get the other animes that are out there while were at it. amada anime series super mario bros is also pretty neat

This is a rather intriguing mystery.

you know how luigi gets alternate forms for some powerups? like racoon mario - fox luigi, tanooki mario - kitsune luigi, gold mario - silver luigi and also cat luigi getting cheetah spots. would it be cool if the toads and peach had their own too instead of just sticking to what mario has?
now some are pretty easy. i imagine the gold would be.. um. yeah pink gold peach. and bronze toad?
for cat. peach could be more calico like maybe and toad. hm. colorpoint? more white spotting? something to represent toads themselves having spots on they head. cat rosalina.. make it less white spots partly because space is more black than anything and partly because black cats are exclusively good luck actually
now what i really made the post for was. what would it be for tanooki mario though??? after a quick wikipedia search i realised im just not well versed on japanese mythology so if yall could maybe help out thatd slap. that would also determine what the raccoon forms would be. just gotta make sure the animal has a tail really

you know how luigi gets alternate forms for some powerups? like racoon mario - fox luigi, tanooki mario - kitsune luigi, gold mario - silver luigi and also cat luigi getting cheetah spots. would it be cool if the toads and peach had their own too instead of just sticking to what mario has?
now some are pretty easy. i imagine the gold would be.. um. yeah pink gold peach. and bronze toad?
for cat. peach could be more calico like maybe and toad. hm. colorpoint? more white spotting? something to represent toads themselves having spots on they head. cat rosalina.. make it less white spots partly because space is more black than anything and partly because black cats are exclusively good luck actually
now what i really made the post for was. what would it be for tanooki mario though??? after a quick wikipedia search i realised im just not well versed on japanese mythology so if yall could maybe help out thatd slap. that would also determine what the raccoon forms would be. just gotta make sure the animal has a tail really
When I was young and Super Mario 3D World was on the horizon I thought Peach's Tanooki form would look more like a wolf.

Diddy Kong Racing (U) (M2) (V1.0) snap0018.jpg

Wiki lists say you need 39 gold balloons to unlock that frog with the rooster crest, yet here I am, with 38 balloons, and here he is, and I unlocked him too.

All that I'm aware of is Diddy Kong Racing comes in two versions. The one I'm playing in is (M2) V1.0, and the one you commonly find in ROM sites is a different version, I think V1.1, and that one may have added balloons to the overworld...?

Back