post any random Mario thought on your mind

Petey Piranha hasn't had a playable role since like 2008. I think that's pretty sad. As for King Boo, yeah, huh why not. Can be a floaty heavyweight alongside Rosalina.
*cough *cough* Mario Tennis Aces *cough* *cough*

Oh yeah I forget lol. Thank Lucien, our fine almighty lord.

Okay, let's discuss the lengths Wario WON'T go for money
Probably starting an outright war, not that he cares anybody gets hurt, he just sees it as bad pr for WarioWare
  • He also wouldn't want his customers dead, or his employees miserable, because alive happy people bring him more money.
  • He wouldn't go on a health diet, no matter the money offer, (though he would pretend he did to get the money).
  • Afaik he wouldn't, or rather, hasn't, made gambling games for kids.
  • I also don't think he'd enslave or traumatize anyone, I'm not sure if it's due to moral reason or if he'd find it would take too much effort on his part. He seems to like to focus on get rich quick schemes, like scamming the elderly or brute forcing his way into an ancient temple to steal the cursed jewelry of a dead kingdom.

this is the most misleading enemy. when i hear klamber i think "oh it must be a donkey kong enemy!" but no its actually from mario sunshine. it has fooled me many times and will likely continue doing so
SMS_ScuttleBug.jpg

this is the most misleading enemy. when i hear klamber i think "oh it must be a donkey kong enemy!" but no its actually from mario sunshine. it has fooled me many times and will likely continue doing so
SMS_ScuttleBug.jpg
Those eyes have seen things.

what the hell is that texture work

It's from 2001-2002, For it's time it's fine.

even at the time, i think its texture work is pretty shoddy, with its bright, gaudy yellow and random black lines scrawled all over it.

It looks a lot better in game too I might add. Models out of their natural environment always look off.

Anyone in the Mario universe could simply go outside, jump around for a bit, and become rich. Seriously, the Mushroom Kingdom's economy is probably dying.

You know, if Alpha Dream was hurting for money and were trying to pander do their old fanbase, why not just make a new game using old stuff and call it a direct sequel?

*make a new game using old stuff and actually use characters that specifically the M&L fanbase would want to see again

heck, even with them saying the sprites were hard to make in DT, the next 3 games all had new sprites in the style so it at least seems they got a quicker method for making them down pat? If not, a new game with old assets would've probably cost less to make and been quicker than getting the sprite artists to remake all these old characters in the new style for the remakes. Not that I'm complaining about having all the Beanbean characters in the 3DS style and 2 different styles of Fawful sprites.

maybe fangames can pick up that slack huh

You know, if Alpha Dream was hurting for money and were trying to pander do their old fanbase, why not just make a new game using old stuff and call it a direct sequel?

Dream Team got a solidly "meh" reaction despite being a direct continuation in style and cast so they probably figured returning to by far the two most popular games in the series would've been a cheap way to drum up excitement.

That became the worst-selling original game in the series.

I'm talking like re-used more than that, like NSMBed that shit where it's almost entirely old assets apart from a few things here and there pretending to be a full new game.

Paper Jam was alright--overhated, in my opinion--but it had some questionable design decisions that ultimately detracted from the experience, in my opinion.
Yeah the Paper Toad missions were a little bullshit, but I loved the rest of it.

Back