post any random Mario thought on your mind

Antasma was a pretty lame villain. They should bring him back specifically to show how lame he is compared to other villains in the series.

He'd make an alliance with Dark Nebula from Kirby: Squeak Squad.

Antasma was a pretty lame villain. They should bring him back specifically to show how lame he is compared to other villains in the series.
He was better than Wart, at least. Wart had no personality whatsoever, other than his hatred for veggies; Antasma was at least shown to have done some serious evil in the past even if he never really did anything in the present.

The fact that people want Wart back boggles my mind.

It still is first and foremost a platformer, not a full-scale war on the multiverse. You have no reason to know who the bad guy is, you're just trying to get to the goal.

Wart is just the final obstacle. Why he needs a personality for that I don't really know.

Sure, I question why people want him to come back so much... people want every old character to come back, look at Pauline. But having no personality is not exactly one-shotting a villain from getting liked.

Some villains just have cool designs and you might like them for that alone. I'm not trying to defend him but I mean...

Listen I think BoneChill is really cool but he is outside of design painfully generic and his boss battle is awfully easy to break. Only things that make me like him so much are his design and his theme.

A good villain can help to motivate the player to complete the game. Look at Banjo-Kazooie, Gruntilda kidnaps Tootie, and the player needs to go through Gruntilda's Lair to save her. Throughout the game the player is constantly reminded of this goal to save Tooty and to (most importantly) defeat Gruntilda. Collectibles such as the Jinjo's and Mumbo's Token being hidden by Grunty, her rhyming as you explore her lair, and Brentilda telling the player facts about her are all there to make sure the player doesn't forget that their goal of defeating her. After saving Tooty, the game reminds the player that they haven't defeated Grunty yet, even the pot that sends you to fight her hates her. A majority of the lair, and even parts of the levels, are designed to keep Grunty on the mind of the player, motivating them to defeat her and beat the game.

Luigi didn't have personality when he started out.
Heck, Bowser was also "just the final obstacle" at first.
Who says Wart can't get Luigification?

Luigi didn't have personality when he started out.
Heck, Bowser was also "just the final obstacle" at first.
Who says Wart can't get Luigification?

Bowser at least had a notable design even when he didn't have a personality, and Luigi was Mario's brother so it was bound to happen.

Wart is just a generic frog dude, even back in the NES days he was nothing special.

Bruh, generic? A bubble blowing Frog King takes over the land of dreams and hates & is weak to vegetables, generic?? I mean sure, Bowser IS wayy more personalized visually, a muscley fire breathing dragon turtle with japan's romantic-bad-boy fashion sense, but still... I don't think Wart's generic?

He's a frog wearing a crown. Just google "king frog" and you'll find a whole bunch of similar looking stuff.

So i watched Laputa: Castle in the Sky last night and happened to notice the design of the mining town. Wario's Gold Mine strikingly resembles the mining town and I'm wondering if the movie influenced the design for Wario's Gold Mine.

Attachments

• castle 2.JPG
    castle 2.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 264
So, replaying colour splash recently (yes I like the game, sue me) and I feel like if they were going to have the black paint be the real antagonist of the game, for the finale what I would have done is after you beat Bowser once, the paint would then converge into a giant blob thing you'd then have to fight.

Or have the paint be the enemy from the get go. It's the same problem I had with Bowletta in superstar saga or the Megabug in M+Rabbids, don't create a new threat if they are just going to literally latch onto Bowser and take his body for a joy ride. It leaves the people wanting new baddies unhappy as they are still fighting Bowser and it leaves me unhappy for cheapening what could have been a nifty new form for Bowser to take.

blow into it, I had the same problem.

then I have no idea what the matter is.

if it's broken just get a replacement stick. that's how my brother fixed the left analog on my wii u.

Never was crazy on the super show's character design but it's nifty.

This is entirely in Japanese but GameFAQs shared this and said that AlphaDream, the company behind the well-known, beloved and acclaimed Tomato Adventure and Koto Battle: Tengai no Moribito, has filed for bankruptcy.

Can anyone that understand Japanese verify?

A quick Google translate says that they indeed filed for bankruptcy, and they were talking about how the revenue was sluggish and development costs were high. But this is dismaying to see. I really don't know what's going to happen in the future of Mario & Luigi now. I figured they needed to take a break after the recent flops being the two ho-hum remakes we had, but it looks like we got our wish granted.

Last edited:
Back