post any random Mario thought on your mind

eh, they are all still perfectly playable, just some better than others.

I wonder, with SNES online bringing unexpected games, could we finally get the SNES Wario's Woods?
Besides those educational games, I don't think Tetris Attack will make it due to the Tetris Company being stingy, on the bright side, this does bring up the chance of Panel De Pon or the Satellaview version leaving Japan

Last edited:
With the apparent strict restrictions still in place for Paper Mario, what if Intelligent Systems did... Paper Wario instead? At the very least, they'd be less restricted in term of characters and settings; stuff like the voice acting WarioWare Gold shows Nintendo doesn't exert as strict as brand control on the Wario games and is more willing to experiment.

Worth noting is that a lot of PM Sticker Star and Color Splash staff worked on WarioWare Gold. Not only did they do a great job on *that* game, stuff like the Thing stickers in their PM games and the steak battle in Colour Splash would feel totally at home in WarioWare.

They could change the title for Tetris Attack and call it Yoshi's Puzzle League.

With the apparent strict restrictions still in place for Paper Mario, what if Intelligent Systems did...

Paper Daisy?

I find it ironic that it took the Paper Mario series five games to have actually good box art (I find TTYD's box art especially to be one of the dullest I've ever seen, but the other three before CS weren't very great either), while the M&L series actually had it down at first before completely abandoning it with the third game (with the European boxart for Superstar Saga DX being a notable exception).

You know, if Nintendo ever brings back the idea of streaming radio music over games, which I highly doubt, I would pay good money for them to steam Enter Sandman when they debut a version of Super Mario USA

You know, if Nintendo ever brings back the idea of streaming radio music over games, which I highly doubt, I would pay good money for them to steam Enter Sandman when they debut a version of Super Mario USA

why not just stream your own mp3's that would be dandy

If my memory is correct, the scam-, er, I mean phone company Jamster(which to my dismay, still exists), had the traditional SMB theme as a "free" ringtone. Considering the company already had been coming under heat for screwing over people, I would be really surprised if Nintendo willingly work with them

i had a dream i was in like. a mario store. but it didnt sell what youd expect, no figurines or games or amiibos or anything. no the products here were all likely not licensed. it ranged from stuff like lil cross stiched drawings to a toilet seat
my siblings were there too for some reason. let me note that i rarely talk to them ever and they dont care about nintendo as far as i know
the thing i remmeber the most was picking up a small sand filled squishy thing with something like this printed on it
thanks-wario.png
(the font was fancier but all i had was segoe script so)
i dont know how my brain came up with this

Comparisons to Dick Dastardly are common with Waluigi, but given that Wacky Races is actually quite popular in Japan, it wouldn't be surprised if he's the flat out inspiration.
Another character I can see him taking inspiration is Iyami from Osomastu-San, but I somewhat doubt it because every character I seen directly inspired from him does his "sheeh!" pose.

Shower thoughts:
WarioWare is interesting to me because it's a very rare example of a post-Dreamcast series that thrived on the old-school arcade model of "Replay a game that has a very short main story A Lot". Sure, some reviews grumble about the short main story lengths, but not enough to seriously dent the game's critical reception, and most player understand that if you're just blazing through the main storyline, you're not really playing the game - and that despite the scoring system being very simple and having a low, finite celling, which normally would hurt the "replay to get high scores" appeal a lot. I think beside its unique concept, the series had the right idea to incentivize more casual players with carrots like minigames and toys (lots 'of them).

Every months it seems, fans of arcade genres like shmups has these debates if it's really possible to sell old-school non-competitive arcade games in the modern game market and be accepted. Maybe arcade developers need to look at what WarioWare did.

Reactions: zel
Reactions: zel
Back