Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

JC said:
Happy to see my first Zelda game is getting remade, I feel like it doesn't get as much love as it deserves. Definitely looking forward to that and Mario Maker 2. :D

To be fair, it can't get as much love as it deserves, as that's an unimaginably large amount.

I once saw a magazine article from last year that speculated a Link's Awakening remake. I thought "Eh it's obviously fake!", But it ended up being real. What IS fake though, is that the same magazine speculated a new Wario Land on the 3DS, or maybe they simply got confused between Wario Land and WarioWare Gold. Also, they said the game would have been "Wario Land 4", but that game already exists.

Fun fact: A remake for Virtual Boy Wario Land was pitched, but rejected, as Nintendo didn't want to dredge up the Virtual Boy (despite said game actually being pretty good).

Anyways....

It occurred to me
With Link's Awakening getting a remake
this will be the first time since 1988 that Wart gets a 3D model
(the first time being the clay sculpture on the cover of Nintendo Power #1)

I sort of watched it in the background just now. I never played Mario Maker and I assume frequent shitty levels would have kept me from enjoying it but they've probably learnt something to improve on that from the first game right. That's how nintendo does things right. One step forwards, two steps also forwards. I don't like level creation so I'd just buy it to play good created ones.

Astral Chain looks cool, it could just end up being a button masher. Nothing really wrong with that but it'd be a bit of a bummer with how flashy it looks. The trailer was good. I don't play Tetris at all but it's funny that a Tetris game is the only 'battle royale' that I think I would enjoy. FE going with the school setting now, maybe TMS#FE was actually a glimpse of what Fire Emblem will look like in 2030.

I played Link's Awakening years back and didn't really enjoy it, this remake looks cute but I'm certain I won't pick it up just based on that past experience.

There were some rumours earlier that Link's Awakening would have gotten a 3DS remake, so it's entirely possible that this game was meant for the 3DS but development was switched over to give the game a better life, since 3DS is winding down already (even if it did get a few new games once in a while). I would post the source of the rumours but they are probably considered unreliable sources. Still, the theory is plausible to me.

Thank you for reading.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1100395765795500032
6am PT / 9am ET

New Pokémon Direct.
GEN 8, BAYBEE!
The announcement image shows three Poké Balls. Probably going to reveal the three Gen 8 starters.

The DK Emoji IRL said:
Cool. I'll read all about it at lunch tomorrow. If it seems good, I might consider it as the first Pokemon game for me.

Moldo, why haven’t you played one yet, Pokémon is a really great game, I have played my mom’s copy of Pearl, as well as my own copies of Heartgold( Which was previously my oldest brother's along with Black 2 and Y, which he gave to me as my first three Pokémon games that are my own), Black 2, Y, Alpha Sapphire, Moon, and Let’s go Eevee. I consider Pokémon as my second favourite video game series( it used to be my favourite until Kirby took the spot). The only games from Pokémon that I dislike are the side games and spin offs, as I find them not as exciting as the main games. Back to you, what made you not want to play Pokémon?

Toadettefan14 said:
The DK Emoji IRL said:
Cool. I'll read all about it at lunch tomorrow. If it seems good, I might consider it as the first Pokemon game for me.

Moldo, why haven’t you played one yet, Pokémon is a really great game.

I dunno, I've never really had any interest in Pokémon. Though I think either of the Let's Go! games would be a good way to start, considering they're technically just ports of the original. Though I'd rather start off with a game that involves the normal fighting system.

I am going to predict the starter species before the Direct airs: Grass dog, Fire snake and Water pig. I think it might be way off base, so we shall see.

Really, the main thing I would love to see is that you don't have to get an updated version to access new things found in the newer games.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
I am going to predict the starter species before the Direct airs: Grass dog, Fire snake and Water pig. I think it might be way off base, so we shall see.

Really, the main thing I would love to see is that you don't have to get an updated version to access new things found in the newer games.

Thank you for reading.

We already have a grass snake and fire pig Pokémon, reusing species would be pointless, as it wouldn’t add variety.

Toadettefan14 said:
The DK Emoji IRL said:

Moldo, why haven’t you played one yet, Pokémon is a really great game, I have played my mom’s copy of Pearl, as well as my own copies of Heartgold( Which was previously my oldest brother's along with Black 2 and Y, which he gave to me as my first three Pokémon games that are my own), Black 2, Y, Alpha Sapphire, Moon, and Let’s go Eevee. I consider Pokémon as my second favourite video game series( it used to be my favourite until Kirby took the spot). The only games from Pokémon that I dislike are the side games and spin offs, as I find them not as exciting as the main games. Back to you, what made you not want to play Pokémon?
I sometimes forget that people have wrong opinions.

And that saying someone has wrong opinions is also an opinion.

Toadettefan14 said:
winstein said:

We already have a grass snake and fire pig Pokémon, reusing species would be pointless, as it wouldn’t add variety.

I can see the appeal for variety in your opinion, but I don't think it's out of the question for certain species to be reused, even if it's more of a close relative. As an example, we have Squirtle and Turtwig, who you can argue are not quite based the same tortoise, but they are still generally tortoises. In this case, it's not necessarily a "snake" I am predicting, but some other serpent-based species such as a boa, a rattlesnake or another cobra.

Thank you for reading.

maybe this'll be the game that finally gets me into pokemon

the only wrong opinions are the ones that aren't mine.

I hope they continue to experiment more, Sun and Moon not being confined to the gym leaders and attempting a story was nice. That being said I fully expect 8 gym leaders, elite four, blahblah, super duper evolutions (exclusive to gen 1 pokemon haha) and another pet your pokemon thing that they spent too much time on.

the starters are all round as fuck, im shocked im not

Back