Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

Sorry to make an SMG4 reference, but there's an unfortunately large chance this will come to pass:

unknown.png

New New Super New Mario New Bros New

New New

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
If there's a new CLASSIC-STYLED Zelda, I'll be happy. BotW's nice, but it's a drag to do more than once.
My specific desire right now, admittedly, probably has everything to do with my playing OoT randomized recently.
img

But I digress. I just prefer the games and hardware of the 5th and 6th gen of consoles over others, but until Nintendo fully realizes that they've done the NES and SNES nostalgia enough for now, SM64 will remain without its answer to Banjo-Tooie or Majora's Mask.

....what I'm saying is I hope for an N64 nostalgia-type thingy, like what Odyssey briefly did, but moreso. But if not, no big deal, I can stick with ROMhacked versions (since I legally own the actual game and as such can do that without being guilty of piracy).
im necessarily too pumped for a classic Zelda but i do think a new 2D Zelda is bound to get announced this year hopefully

I missed the vast majority of it due to the cable company messing with the Internet wires. What did I miss? I'll guess I'll have to watch the recording.

Well only two games that were rumored about are true. The Link's Awakening Remake and Mario Maker 2. I am disappointed there was no 3D World port or Metroid Prime Trilogy. The rumors were false yet again.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
Mario Maker 2
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LUIGI, SLOPES, CUSTOM SCROLLING, NEW BACKGROUNDS NEW ENEMIES AND A 3D WORLD THEME?!? The rest of the Direct didn't stand a chance when they opened up with that bombshell holy shit!

Mario Maker 2 looks even cooler than the first one! And even though there wasn't any Kirby shown, I think I might get that new BoxBoy game. And with the new Captain Toad DLC...I think I just might double-dip!

This Direct, coupled with the launch of Kirby's Adventure on Switch, has made this a really hype day for me.

Pretty good direct overall, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to wait another 5 years for Pikmin 4 at this rate.

Mario Maker 2 was the best announcement to me.

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
I'm still waiting for full-3D Kirby that isn't Air Ride (the game that proved it could be done).

Like, as a platformer.
You might want to look at Kirby's Blowout Blast for 3DS, then. It's an expansion of the Planet Robobot subgame Kirby 3D Rumble, and seems like a prototype for a full 3D Kirby.

Honestly, there is some good things in this Nintendo Direct. Super Mario Maker 2, Captain Toad DLC, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, and Astral Chain from PlatinumGames. A little bit disappointed not to have news from Luigi's Mansion 3, but I'm still happy with what we got.

So from now on, games I'm interested in, this year:

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker DLC
Yoshi's Crafted World
Super Mario Maker 2
Astral Chain
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3

I still wonder if I should get into Fire Emblem.

You know I'm just here laughing at 12 year old me who wanted Super Mario Maker more than anything, when the sequel is probably gonna make it entirely useless. Oh my god, that was easily one of, if not THE highlight of this direct... (Obviously since I was long awaiting info on FE that was kinda hard to top.)

Speaking of FE Three Houses...

Honestly, that was pretty cool. At least we got to know what the game is about, and... there are alternate paths in this one. And I've heard lotsa praise coming from this kind of FE game so I'm hype. I'm also liking the character designs so far, nothing questionable yet, and yeah, that's kinda a problem I had in the newer games, the character designs I was seeing there were not the best, even when some looked fantastic, I always found the Tellius designs to be better. This here doesn't look like Tellius, but you know, Fodlan is looking swell. Which is what I really want because this might be my first Fire Emblem if I don't find a copy of Radiant Dawn before release, so it better leave a good impression.

And Link's Awakening. Didn't see that coming. Of all games they could remaster, everyone was waiting for Skyward Sword and then they're like "AWAKENING!"

It was an ok direct. Not spectacular, but I guess there's nothing I could really complain about, except maybe for the lack of Pokemon Gen 8 -And I know someone who's really pissed about that-, but I mean I really wanted info on Three Houses so hey I got what I want.

Also Mario Maker 2 hype, it just looks so cool.

Mario Maker 2 is one of the best announcements, and I am super grateful that it's a sequel rather than a mere "Deluxe" label that lost its meaning to me. Therefore, I would like to get this game down the road since Mario Maker is quite brilliant, and it's a game that's very likely to receive long-term support.

Captain Toad receiving DLC is OK I guess, but I am still going to wait for a Nintendo Selects version even if it's going to happen a long time from now, because I already got the original (and finished it). Probably would sound odd to say this, but it seems that the 3DS version got the raw end of the deal because it's already had compromised features on top of not getting downloadable content.

Tetris 99 is right up my alley, but I am afraid of the super players who would decimate me in no time.

And perhaps the announcement that is unlikely to be exciting for others is (but it is to me)... Disney Tsum Tsum Festival. I don't care what you say about this, but this looks very nice, and I hope the amount of characters that you can select is a lot because even though it's not the actual Disney characters, having them playable in some form is like a dream-come-true crossover.

Thank you for reading.

Gamefreak75 said:
Pretty good direct overall, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to wait another 5 years for Pikmin 4 at this rate.

Mario Maker 2 was the best announcement to me.
I'm with yeah gf why do pikmin games take so longer to develop

Happy to see my first Zelda game is getting remade, I feel like it doesn't get as much love as it deserves. Definitely looking forward to that and Mario Maker 2. :D

Back