Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

Dude, don't even bother.

Mcmadness said:
Dude, don't even bother.
I know what happened to Waluigi fans, but I feel that both Mega Man and Castlevania need female representatives that have had a supporting role in their franchises. That would be great to have because there are people out there that would love to play as Roll or Maria Renard, and I'm one of them.

You'd sooner see Shanoa or Charlotte than Maria.

And for the most part, nobody cares about Roll that much. They'd be more interested in Protoman or another incarnation of Megaman.

Mcmadness said:
You'd sooner see Shanoa or Charlotte than Maria.

And for the most part, nobody cares about Roll that much. They'd be more interested in Protoman or another incarnation of Megaman.

Well neither of those girls have appeared more frequently than Maria.

Maria is the only female Castlevania character that has the most playable appearances. She was playable in Rondo of Blood, Symphony of the Night (only in the Sega Saturn version and the Dracula X Chronicles PSP version), Judgement, Portrait of Ruin, and Harmony of Despair. That's a lot of games. She was a good character in most of her playable appearances except for Judgement (that one was a horrible portrayal to be honest).

Likewise with Mega Man, Roll has had a supporting role in some Mega Man games like in Mega Man Powered Up where she was a unique character with her outfits which I liked, she was also the one who offered her medicine to Mega Man after he caught the Roboenza virus, among other things. She's been playable in Marvel VS Capcom, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and etc.

Yeah but they are both far more liked.

I mean Richter was only a main non-unloackable playable character once and yet he's in smash.

Mcmadness said:
Yeah but they are both far more liked.

I mean Richter was only a main non-unloackable playable character once and yet he's in smash.

Yeah, I see your point that people like the other girls more than Maria even though she was really good in Rondo of Blood and had a lot of advantages over Richter (moving slightly faster, move and attacking at the same time and a double jump which is really useful and makes platforming a complete non issue) with only one disadvantage being that she couldn't take as many hits as Richter. Sure some people dislike her slightly creepy personality in SOTN or her immaturity in Judgement where she was annoying because she complained a lot.

Sure, Richter was the starting character in Rondo of Blood (Maria was an unlockable and the first girl you save) but he was an unlockable in the original PS1 version of SOTN while in the Saturn version he was available from the start along with Maria in that version (which is one of the only two versions Maria is playable in with the other being the PSP version where she is an unlockable in the same way as Richter). Richter and Maria have been unlockable in other Castlevania games since the PSP version of SOTN.

Same with Mega Man, Mega Man is the main character in most titles but some games have other characters to play as: Bass, Roll (only in Mega Man Powered Up and the mobile version Mega Man 1), and Protoman. The rest of these characters are DLC or unlockables in the case of Mega Man Powered Up where you can play as the Robot Masters after you defeat them. Roll has been well represented in Marvel VS Capcom and Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

I've stopped watching directs a long ago, more interested in what people reveal afterwards these days.

It's a good direct, Simon was sorta expected thanks to Vegerben (and that leak last night) and King K. Rool was a nice surprise to people thought he wouldn't make it in. Definitely would be using King K. Rool. All of the new stages returning look very rad as well.

I didn't watch the Direct, but I read the official summary on Nintendo's website. The new fighters and features announced were cool, and I can't wait to have this game.

Did the newcomers have any cool reveal trailers? If so, can someone link me to them?

Only the coolest reveal trailers.

Must watch.

And here is the whole Direct if you want it.

I remember reading on Nintendo's Twitter account or somewhere that said Luigi is fine.

Looks okay, could go either way. If I do end up playing it, it probably won't be for the gameplay since it just looks like modern Ys lite version. Playing mobile games for gameplay doesn't feel right anyway, since there's no doubt a lot of actual games that do it better with no stamina or p2w aspect. Maybe they hired a writer, or maybe some of those characters they mentioned will be relevant. Multiplayer shit sounds mediocre but no doubt they'll tie rewards to it.

I'll give it a whirl and see how long it keeps my attention or see if my ungodly shit luck prevents me from enjoying it thanks to triple gacha insanity.

Pizza Time! said:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1037339567630639109

Direct confirmed for September 6, 3pm PT, 6pm ET.

Looks like those leakers on GameFAQs correctly predicted a Nintendo Direct for this month correctly.

조지 존스 said:
Pizza Time! said:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1037339567630639109

Direct confirmed for September 6, 3pm PT, 6pm ET.

Looks like those leakers on GameFAQs correctly predicted a Nintendo Direct for this month correctly.
A broken clock is right twice a day.

Aw shucks. Won't be able to see that live since that would be at 1 AM of Friday over in my country. Aka the day school starts for me.

Eh. Better late than never.

Back