Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

Re: Nintendo Direct Thread

I already said most of my thoughts in various other threads, but I gotta say I was very surprised at the fact that Undertale and Crash Bandicoot are coming to Switch, especially since Crash was Sony exclusive before afaik. It seems they're finally getting good third-party support.

MarioWiki:BJAODN/April Fool's 2017 said:
The Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (pictured) was announced for a release on the Nintendo Switch, and will include Mario as an unlockable character.

Called it.

Welp, it's official: Ninty has seized my wallet for the next two and a half years because THAT. WAS. A. ABSOLUTELY. AMAZING. DIRECT.

I mean like wow, seriously I am PUMPED. Nintendo really knocked it out of the park with this one! WarioWare! Dillon! Bowser's Inside Story DX! Detective Pikachu! Luigi's Mansion Remake! Okami HD! No More Heroes! Dark Souls! Mario Tennis Aces! Undertale! Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy! OCTOLINGS! FLIPPIN' SMAAAASH SWITCH!!!

*Deep breath*

I'm just so happy. :mario:

I think we could all do with another Nintendo Direct soon, but I guess its too close to E3.
Perhaps they wont bother with another Nintendo Direct until a little while after E3 to follow up on E3 announcements.

Actually, the Luigi's mansion remake is not really that exciting, because the series already got a game on the 3DS. It would have been a lot better if it was on the Switch.

There should be a rule, do not post in this thread unless there is actually a direct coming.

Alright guys. Get your hype shoes on!
https://e3.nintendo.com
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/1003970139400761345
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1004000111645679616
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1003971477643853824

Nintendo of America said:
Nintendo Direct: E3 2018
June 12, 9:00 am PT | 12:00 pm ET
Get a look at Nintendo Switch games for 2018, including Super Smash Bros.™
Afterwards, stay right here for livestreaming events throughout E3.
Nintendo of Europe said:
One week to go! Tune in to our Nintendo Direct: E3 2018 video presentation on 12/06, 18:00 CEST to get a look at #NintendoSwitch titles for 2018, including the recently announced Super #SmashBros game. #NintendoE3

EDIT: And according to NicoNico JP, the stream will be 30 minutes long.
EDIT: For the Treehouse stream
Three days of Nintendo Switch gameplay with Nintendo Treehouse members and developers. Starts with the recently announced Super Smash Bros. game right after Nintendo Direct: E3 2018.

Well it's mostly games coming out this year so I'm not expecting too much.

But as long as I see at least one thing I want I'll be content.

I wish they talk about the Yoshi game. The latest (and only) information we got about it was in E3 2017! Nintendo should at least reveal its name!

Feels odd that there's no mention of 3DS at all, not even for the treehouse event this time. It's like they forgot the games that are still upcoming for it.

It's entirely devoted to this year.

Though I'm sure the 3ds will get some mention on the actual treehouse stream.

They're definitely going to show some 3DS stuff on Treehouse, but it's probably only going to be a short segment. At the very least, I expect WarioWare Gold and the Luigi's Mansion remake to be shown.

Remember, this is the same company that was only bringing Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to E3 and then they showed Pokemon Sun/Moon, revealed Pokemon GO, and showed off and stealth dropped Rhythm Heaven Megamix that same E3.

Ultimately if they don't show 3DS stuff, I won't be bummed at all. I'm already getting WW:Gold for sure and have no interest in the Luigi's Mansion or Bowser's Inside story remakes.

Other than the slim chance of a PiT DX announcement, and more info on BIS DX, Luigi's Mansion 3DS, and Yoshi Switch, I'm really not expecting much this year. Here’s hoping for Mario & Luigi 6 or NSMB Switch, though.

Gamefreak75 said:
Remember, this is the same company that was only bringing Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild to E3 and then they showed Pokemon Sun/Moon, revealed Pokemon GO, and showed off and stealth dropped Rhythm Heaven Megamix that same E3.
If I recall correctly, they actually meant that Zelda: BotW was Nintendo's only playable booth for attendees at E3 2016. Other games were revealed by Nintendo, but not playable for attendees at E3. Game journalist were probably misinformed.

Were there any playable games at E3 2017, besides Super Mario Odyssey?

I'm waiting for the announcement of Paper Mario Switch!

Seeing that a certain fox's surprise is blown wide open, I am hoping that there is a surprise 3rd party exclusive, like maybe another Puyo Puyo game. For my out-there prediction, perhaps an updated classic like a Balloon Fight Battle Royale could really be a cool addition, since Balloon Fight lends itself well to such a concept.

Thank you for reading.

Sunshine Yoshi said:
Other than the slim chance of a PiT DX announcement, and more info on BIS DX, Luigi's Mansion 3DS, and Yoshi Switch, I'm really not expecting much this year. Here’s hoping for Mario & Luigi 6 or NSMB Switch, though.
Yeah, I feel that we will have NSMB Switch. I also hope that a Super Mario 3D World port is announced for the Switch. I would love to play 3D World on the Switch. I'd want Peach to be playable in NSMB Switch as well.

Mewta said:
DfChhD6UEAAlDO2.jpg

The Direct itself will be 45 minutes long.

Captain America said:
I'd honestly be fine with 30 minutes of nothing but Smash Bros.
^ Amend that to 45 minutes of Smash Bros.

Oh and the Tonys are the Sunday beforehand too! Gonna be a fun week!

Sunshine Yoshi said:
Oh yeah, I also forgot something really important. What if we get...an announcement for the N64 Classic!

If the N64 Classic were to be announced, Mario Party 3 must be one of the games, for this is a Mario Party game that wasn't released on the Virtual Console, so this would make the console even better than there being Mario Party 2 (unless both games are included).

Thank you for reading.

Mewta said:
And now Niconico(Nii?) says it's going on for 30 minutes
confused-psyduck.jpg
Well, duh. I already mentioned it earlier in this page.

Niconico had their estimated duration of the stream nearly accurate in the last few directs.

Back