A Mario animated movie by Sony Pictures!?!

Re: Sony Pictures had the rights to make a Mario animated movie

But other series have variety. I hate to bring it up again but every Spongebob episode doesn't have the same premise, they're mostly all different

Why can't Mario do the same thing?

Why NOT want variety? Some of us think the same old story gets old after a while.

the super mario bros. super show does it

granted, it's not the best thing ever but if the ideas, humor, and animation were executed better, then it would have been a solid show

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
But other series have variety. I hate to bring it up again but every Spongebob episode doesn't have the same premise, they're mostly all different

Why can't Mario do the same thing?

Why NOT want variety? Some of us think the same old story gets old after a while.
First off. Its the second Mario film. First if you consider the original to be MINO.

Second, your not asking for variety, your asking for an adaptation of a pre-existing story, namely the rpgs that you have a god damn hardon for.

ew dont put that imagery in my head mcmadness

There could be a movie based on SMB 1, Paper Mario (hopefully Thousand Year Door), Mario and Luigi (hopefully Bowser's Inside Story or Dream Team), 3D World, and SMB 2.

I don't think that if this ever happens there will be any mention of the RPGs at all.

Freakworld said:
I don't think that if this ever happens there will be any mention of the RPGs at all.

Nor should there be.

most likely there wont be

but it would be nice

i agree the one sony is making right now should be based on mario 1 (with elements of 3)

but theres no reason rpgs cant come into play when and if theres another one

Wow, this was totally unexpected. :toad:

If this happens, then YAY! I don't have a major opinion on storyline, though. I'm mostly thinking about possible VAs.

-Charles Martinet simply HAS to be Mario and Luigi, no question about it
-The others are replaceable, I suppose, I guess it depends on whether they can act beyond all the grunts and exclamations
-Some characters, like Yoshi have Japanese VAs, so they'd have to be replaced. Then again, he doesn't really talk nowadays, so they might just give him the Pokemon treatment

Mcmadness said:
Freakworld said:

Nor should there be.
Now that's just cringeworthy. At least they should make their own story with new characters created by someone who worked on the RPGs.

Valerius Dover said:
-Charles Martinet simply HAS to be Mario and Luigi, no question about it
-The others are replaceable, I suppose, I guess it depends on whether they can act beyond all the grunts and exclamations
- qft
- Christopher Heyerdahl would be an awesome VA for Bowser imo (example)

I remember reading an essay where a guy stated he doesn't want to see a(nother) big-budget He-Man movie because the franchise is too innherently stupid and strange for a faithful adaptation. To some extent, that's how I feel about Mario.

Glowsquid said:
I remember reading an essay where a guy stated he doesn't want to see a(nother) big-budget He-Man movie because the franchise is too innherently stupid and strange for a faithful adaptation. To some extent, that's how I feel about Mario.

He-Man = Mario?

That's implying a movie is going to happen in the first place.

Magikrazy said:
There could be a movie based on SMB 1, Paper Mario (hopefully Thousand Year Door), Mario and Luigi (hopefully Bowser's Inside Story or Dream Team), 3D World, and SMB 2.
I'd prefer a Galaxy movie to a 3D World movie, personally.

Toa 95 said:
That's implying a movie is going to happen in the first place.

lol yeah

i personally think a movie will never occur

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
Mcmadness said:
Freakworld said:

Nor should there be.
Now that's just cringeworthy. At least they should make their own story with new characters created by someone who worked on the RPGs.

Need I remind you that Mario is primarily a PLATFORMER series? You don't make a movie about something and base it on the damn spin offs.

you might as well stop discussing it with him because he's going to continue and moan about how the rpgs should take more of part in a movie rather then the main series

so in short, he's just being a broken record

I know, gah. I'm glad the other spin off fans don't get like this.

Mcmadness said:
Snawfulthemerry25 said:
Mcmadness said:
Freakworld said:

Nor should there be.

Need I remind you that Mario is primarily a PLATFORMER series? You don't make a movie about something and base it on the damn spin offs.
I'll go out on a limb here and assume that not only will the movie be made, but will be successful and spawn a series of Mario movies.

Why would it be so wrong to have a movie based on, say, The Thousand-Year Door?

Just because the series is a platformer first and an RPG series fifth at best doesn't mean the movies have to be solely based on the platformers

Because its the Super Mario bros movie based off the super mario bros series of platformers. Not the rpgs, not Mario Kart, not wrecking crew, not mario party, the list goes on.

Plus it would be its own version of the SMB world. It wouldn't adapt a previous story, it would continue in its own direction, which it should. I don't want to see a watered down version of another plotline.

I don't think movie adaptations are watered down. True, it would be shorter than the game, but if done properly it would be deeper than any game.

And I wouldn't mind a Mario Kart movie to be honest.

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
it would be deeper than any game.

Thats the funniest thing I've read all day.

Back