A Mario animated movie by Sony Pictures!?!

(Sees topic)
Anyway, anyone who knows math know that Mario + Televsion = Crap.

How do you know? The last time they were even on TV was before you were even born.

Besides, this is about movies.

Anyway, sorry for going off-topic a little, but Sony also wants to make a Men in Black/Jump Street crossover, a Kanye West film, and another Ghostbusters with Chris Pratt and Channing Tatum.

Fat Mario said:
(Sees topic)

starting to wonder if im the only one that still loves super mario super show

Umi Sonoda said:
Fat Mario said:
(Sees topic)

starting to wonder if im the only one that still loves super mario super show

I enjoy it for it's campiness

Also how cool would it be if they make a game...based on the movie...based on the game?

dude there hasnt been a good movie game since like spider-man 2 (or the lord of the rings games)

so lol

The one Mario animation remotely worth watching is the great mission to save princess peach but even that isn't all that great.

Re: Sony Pictures had the rights to make a Mario animated movie

Caesium and Coke said:
If Wario gets in, I would love to have Nicholas Cage voice him. The ham levels would be beyond extreme.
Nah, he should be Chargin Chuck

Who would play Bowser?

i'm the weirdo bringing 80s cartoon vas to hollywood blockbusters threads

If he were not dead, Bernard Erhard would've made a great bowsah imo

The movie should have Oogtar the caveboy as the true antagonist of the film, he manipulated Bowser to do his benefits, hoping to kill the Mario brothers for ditching him in the Dinosaur World. Bowser teams ups with the plumbers after realizing that Oogtar got the Fossil Star and he transforms into a dinosaur monster and Bowser becomes huge and fights him. Mario and Luigi knowing that they are still holding their star powers (Star Children) make everyone who has the power of the stars defeat Oogtarsaurus Rex with a blast. Oogtar falls down both normal and weak and Bowser takes the final blow and Oogtar flies to the moon promising to come back one day. Bowser thanks the heroes and promises not to attack the Mushroom Kongdom and or kidnapping Peach for a while.

Nah, Backstory is a good option, but I hope it's well written.

nah leave oogtar to rot in obscurity

Baby Luigi said:
nah leave oogtar to rot in obscurity
This. The Super Mario World cartoon is easily the worst of the three. Let's look at the facts:

The Super Mario Bros. Super Show- While it might be heavily due to nostalgia, I still hold this show in high (or relatively high) regards. Most of the episodes were parodies, but it was awesome to see the heroes animated in some format other than pixels. Also, Super Mario Bros. 2 (the show's main inspiration) is nostalgic to me. That nostalgia is separate form nostalgia of the show and therefore is a viable reason to prefer the show.
The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3- Unlike the first show, this "sequel" focused more on the games. It took most of its inspiration from Super Mario Bros. Tres, and it paid off pretty well. We got more power-ups, more baddies, and of course we got more royal Koopas in the form of the Koopalings. Unfortunately, they also added songs sung by the same, putrid-voice group in just about every episode. There was also controversy with one of the episodes.
Super Mario World- This should have been better than it ended up being, but sadly it was a major disappointment. First, we lost Toad and got Yoshi. While his voice is pretty annoying, I actually do hold a level of tolerance to the green steed. We also got the cavemen for some reason.

They sucked.

Second, it only lasted for 13 episodes. This limited the show's universe, and we only got to see 5 out of the nine realms of Dinosaur Land. Third, several of the episodes focused on the modernization of the cavespeople. And fourth, the songs returned.

Even then, the Mario cartoons should have absolutely nothing to do with this movie. I want a game-based Mario movie that takes a blank slate and provides an original, but canon-approvable story.

Something like TGMTSPP but better written and better animation would work best I think.

yoshiking14x said:
The movie will be a bad joke if it was really written that way.
Do you mean the movie being based off of the cartoons or the story's movie fitting with (but not necessarily being a part of) the canon?

yoshiking14x said:
Mcmadness said:
Something like TGMTSPP but better written and better animation would work best I think.
And no wiggler-dogs who transforms into princes.
Yes.

Back