A Mario animated movie by Sony Pictures!?!

Re: Sony Pictures had the rights to make a Mario animated movie

supermariofan said:
I was gonna Make a 3 hour long epic but oh well...

A 3 hour epic of what?

Does every hour with Peach being in another castle?

Will Mario and Bowser have an hour long battle thats overly long and drawn out?

Will it be an hour of Luigi digging for gold?

If they do create it I hope they use the RPGs as a base for the story. I mean, movies generally don't have crap plots so why would they try to make something out of the crap plots in the main series when they actually have decent plots to work with. We all saw how the SMB movie turned out.

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
If they do create it I hope they use the RPGs as a base for the story. I mean, movies generally don't have crap plots so why would they try to make something out of the crap plots in the main series when they actually have decent plots to work with. We all saw how the SMB movie turned out.

Yes because the SMB movie's biggest failing was following the source material too much.

Mind you I haven't seen it in ages so Im just going off the little I remember of it. It still had Bowser (Koopa) kidnapping someone (Daisy, who was obviously meant to fill Peach's role)

What Im saying is everything that wasn't completely made up in that movie was based around the crap plots in the main series. That plus all the crappy new stuff is what made it fail. If they had put more effort into the new stuff and actually took a good-storied Mario game for the plot, it could've been a great movie. (although I don't remember if even SMRPG had come out by that time)

Yes because Peach never got kidnapped in the rpgs and there was never at any point where she had to be saved.

Seriously, if reading the super mario adventures comic told me anything is that you can get a lot of mileage out of the basic Mario scenario.

But not as much as the various RPG scenarios. And I dunno about you but I want the movie's story to represent the best of Mario stories.

Thats a load of shit, the Main series ''plot'' is so basic that the amount of crap you can do by filling in the ridiculously huge gap inbetween is absurd.

Also if this does happen, its not going to adapt a previous story, its going to be its own thing, like the great mission to save princess peach was.

Really all it needs, all it should be about, is Mario, Luigi, Peach and maybe Toad (depending on whether they treat him as an individual or a species) stopping Bowser from taking over the mushroom kingdom/the world.

Thats the base scenario, they just need to fill that in with stuff appropriate to Mario and make it a fun, entertaining and enjoyable film that gets the spirit of the series while still being its own thing.

That would be a waste IMO. Make a new story or base it on one of the games with plots. (No I don't mean make a new crap story. Get one of the writers for Mario & Luigi or Paper Mario in there to create the story)

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
That would be a waste IMO. Make a new story or base it on one of the games with plots. (No I don't mean make a new crap story. Get one of the writers for Mario & Luigi or Paper Mario in there to create the story)

Yes, it would be a waste that it actually does something that people associate with the series.

supermariofan said:
I hope Mario and Peach kiss

ok

And then it was yoshi the whole time.

I've actually have never seen the Mario Bros. movie... A great feeling says I should keep it that way.

Well as long as it's animated, kid-friendly, and makes sense to the Mario series I'm good.

Lumastar said:
Should the characters keep their video game voice actors, or should there be new voice actors to fit the movie format? I'm not sure Samantha Kelly should be in this.

Well since it's already known it will be (if the film ever happens at all) animated, I'd prefer we'd get their actual voice actors from the games. Don't fix what ain't broke.

Lumastar said:
Should the characters keep their video game voice actors, or should there be new voice actors to fit the movie format?

Charles Martinet is the only person who should voice the Mario Bros.

supermariofan said:
I mean make out

i'm glad you're not going to be a movie director any time soon

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
If they do create it I hope they use the RPGs as a base for the story.

and i hope they don't

Baby Luigi said:
Lumastar said:
Should the characters keep their video game voice actors, or should there be new voice actors to fit the movie format?

Charles Martinet is the only person who should voice the Mario Bros.

supermariofan said:
I mean make out

i'm glad you're not going to be a movie director any time soon

Snawfulthemerry25 said:
If they do create it I hope they use the RPGs as a base for the story.

and i hope they don't
No...I'm just a writer. ;)

supermariofan said:
Magikrazy said:
supermariofan said:
I hope Mario and Peach kiss
like in mario 64?
I mean make out
no they aint first basing in a kids movie

a kiss on the nose will be fine

actually nothing will be fine

peach isnt obligated to please mario just because he saved her

and i wouldnt think mario would force her to

hes paid in cake

and coins

supermariofan said:
No...I'm just a writer. ;)

a terrible one

Animated with a simple fantasy plot with an emphasis on light hearted whimsy and humour. An adaptation of the basic Mario scenario but obviously altered to be more movie appropriate. Thats ideal.

Back