A Mario animated movie by Sony Pictures!?!

Dr. Mario's Drunken Holiday Elixir said:
I'd like during the movie, there's a lot of bro-to-bro interaction between Mario and Luigi. It should be emphasized that they're not just brothers but twin brothers. Yes, being a twin (who's identical), that makes a whole world of a difference. We don't have a lot of stories starring twin brothers (much less twin sisters)
Yeah, Mario and Luigi's relationship should be the heart of any Mario Bros. movie that comes down the pipes (rather than some thin insta-love plot between Mario and Peach), and they should indeed be depicted as twins, rather than the older (and less unique) age-imbalanced version.

Mcmadness said:
Lumastar said:
What is the main antagonist is Koopa Kid from the Mario Party series? Don't worry, since he will get a redesign and a new personality. In the movie, he is a misformed clone of Bowser who used to work for him but got fired when he destroyed his master's new, improved airship. At the beginning of the story, he seeks the help of Mario to stop Bowser's plan that could end with the destructionof the entire Mushroom World. Along with Luigi, Peach, Toad, and Yoshi, Mario must travel across the planet to put a stop to Bowser's nefarious plans. To do so, the heroes must collect the Dream Stars. These mystic relics have the power to determine the fate of the world. At the same time, the heroes are pursued by the Wario Bros., a Snifit assassin named Crush, and a mysterious figure named K.

At the end of the story, it is revealed that Koopa Kid turned Bowser into stone and disguised himself as the Koopa King so that he could utilize his technology, militia, and identity and become dictator of the Mushroom Kingdom. A battle ensues, and just before Koopa Kid kills Mario, K appears and knocks Koopa Kid unconscious. Bowser is freed, and the heroes begin to celebrate. K is about to reveal his identity when Koopa Kid appears and murders him with a sword. K's mask falls off, and he is revealed to be Mario's father. Then Koopa Kid states that "he is the final boss" and fuses with Bowser and the Dream Stars to become Giga Koopa, a monstrous being who knows nothing but vengeance and greed. Mario is about to die when he remembers an important message that his father told him. Mario fights to the very end, and Giga Koopa falls to the mighty plumber. Koopa Kid and Bowser survive, but Koopa Kid rolls into the lava and commits suicide. The story ends with the burial of Mario's father and Koopa Kid.

That sounds awful.
Lumastar said:
Although I like the thought of Koopa Kid being a major villain, something strikes me as cliche, as Koopa Kid exploits the usual diversionary tactic people use in movies, and we get this father-son thing which I think feels a bit forced anyway. I want to be minimal on the original character thing and rather develop the ones we have right now, especially Mario and Luigi. :)

I'd like during the movie, there's a lot of bro-to-bro interaction between Mario and Luigi. It should be emphasized that they're not just brothers but twin brothers. Yes, being a twin (who's identical), that makes a whole world of a difference. We don't have a lot of stories starring twin brothers (much less twin sisters)
I've never really thought of the movie plot going like that, but now that the idea is in my mind I can't get it out. This is Super Mario Bros., after all! Besides, I half-assed my synopsis of the Koopa Kid plot; I just wrote it because I was bored.

Fair nuff.

Walkazo said:
Yeah, Mario and Luigi's relationship should be the heart of any Mario Bros. movie that comes down the pipes (rather than some thin insta-love plot between Mario and Peach), and they should indeed be depicted as twins, rather than the older (and less unique) age-imbalanced version.
Yes, yes, somebody agrees that it's a more interesting relationship. :)

But I doubt this movie, even when real, is really going to do that. They're just going to say "Oh, Mario and Luigi are a pair of brothers like any other old pair of brothers", nothing I have against sibling relationship, but since they're twins, it would be a wasted opportunity.

Hell, this twin relationship needs to be explored in the GAMES as well, but I doubt anyone at Nintendo has pair of twins, fraternal or identical, to consult to when it comes to twin relationships. The only problem is we don't know if Mario and Luigi are identical or fraternal for sure (when they were babies, they look almost alike aside from subtle face shapes, like me and my sister), but again, they're twins and that should be the buzz word.

The twin thing would make Mario and Luigi way more interesting characters without sacrificing who they are IMO.

That would be very interesting.

Unfortunately Nintendo has that bs "the avatar is you" rule that requires the main character to not talk or have any personality whatsoever. :(

Magikrazy said:

Unfortunately Nintendo has that bs "the avatar is you" rule that requires the main character to not talk or have any personality whatsoever. :(
I'm pretty sure that doesn't apply to Mario. Shigeru Miyamoto has said that the Mario cast are "actors" that can fit any role. Hey, even if they go by "the avatar is you" rule for Mario, he could definitely be given a full personality in the movie. Look at Pokémon.

Magikrazy said:

and then there is mother 3

(from what ive seen so far all the characters have talked already, even lucas)

Magikrazy said:

or be your stupid mii

Magikrazy said:

This sucks. People expect more from their characters in gaming, and this shows that sometimes, Nintendo is a little too devoted to firmly sticking to traditions rather than moving even a little bit forward. Now, I'm not saying that they should overhaul their series, but rather, characters like Mario, hell, even Link, should have some more color and flavor given to them.

Magikrazy said:

How... How DARE you insult my precious Pitty Pat.

Mario Party X said:
Magikrazy said:

This sucks. People expect more from their characters in gaming, and this shows that sometimes, Nintendo is a little too devoted to firmly sticking to traditions rather than moving even a little bit forward. Now, I'm not saying that they should overhaul their series, but rather, characters like Mario, hell, even Link, should have some more color and flavor given to them.
At least we have Samus.

I thought that would be a cool idea until I thought of how much I hated the Subspace Emissary's story.

There are way too many characters in the Smash Bros. games to keep track of. There'll have to be a focus on a few characters. I think episodes on a TV show work better for Smash Bros., not a full-length movie.

The main character would be mii fighter

Preferably a Mii Fighter that looks like Chris from Sonic X

Back