Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

oh i'd also like to mention that double dash was the first game that introduced me to what no cull is

i saw toadette all hollow when the camera zoomed into her and i wondered why she was

J-Yoshi64 said:
Welcome back to Boundary Break, a video series where we break the code of a video game and basically take the camera anywhere we want!
We actually found this within the confines of the game. We just were entertaining ourselves having character models clip through the camera, and behold.

gfs_6188_2_2_mid.jpg

This was ours before someone else uploaded it on GameFAQs

Princess Mario said:
This is also present in Mario Kart Wii, showing that Mario Party isn't the only series blatantly reusing assets.

Of course. For years, Bowser's Sunshine model was repeatedly recycled with the only difference being some front pads on the neck were removed.

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
119042.png

Fire Luigi in SMM2's 8-bit styles looks like he came from an MSX or Amiga bootleg.
I mean it's Mario 3. The NES didn't have a lot to perform, and Mario Maker 2 tries to make these sprites look like they came straight out of the game that the style is based off of.

SeproDep said:
119042.png

Fire Luigi in SMM2's 8-bit styles looks like he came from an MSX or Amiga bootleg.
I mean it's Mario 3. The NES didn't have a lot to perform, and Mario Maker 2 tries to make these sprites look like they came straight out of the game that the style is based off of.

Except that's not a palette in SMB3 itself, assigned to anything.

they plopped mario's disembodied head onto luigi's headless body

SeproDep said:
119042.png

Except that's not a palette in SMB3 itself, assigned to anything.

I doubt that sticking to a thirty-year old game's limited color palette is Ninty's highest priority right now.

i think it would be nice if it was accurate to it though, since that's the point of imitating a style *shrug*

but im glad that smb3 toadette is a thing wowo

Bye Guy said:
the twins' deepest desires are now reality

*videos*

hahahahaha

ngl that sounds exactly a sound clip we'd put together for left 4 dead 2, only we'd swap out the n64 wario voice clips with more modern wario voice clips (like waaaah from mk64 would be replaced with his mario kart 7 yell)

Back