1667135642864.jpeg

1667306880259.jpeg
1667306901244.jpeg

1667481194616.jpeg
1667481228623.jpeg

1667481274773.jpeg

DKCTVKlaptraps.png

these are supposed to be klaptraps
I know it's supposed to be a cannon but I can't help but think it's the camera irising out.

"So remember kids, always look both ways before crossin' the street. Especially if Donkey Kong's near ya! This has been 'Life Lessons with Klaptrap', goodnight!"

*boo-wip noise from Super Mario World as camera irises out, catching Klaptrap's nose inside*

"Ow! My snout!"

Yeah I guess? I was telling people, "If you hate a character so much, why don't you beat up 11 of them to prove it? I beat up 11 Warios to prove it!" There was people in my Discord DMs showing me posts of Luigi lovers who hate Mario and I was acting holier-than-thou than the Mario haters, going, "Well they didn't kill 11 Marios in Mario Kart Wii so they have no place to talk".

And then... there's the revelation that I dislike Yoshi and I haven't gotten around to beating 11 of him! So I had to keep my word and not make myself look like I have double standards.

So, now, yes, I beat up 11 Yoshis at once! Throughout my history on these forums I've seen Peach haters, Toad haters, DK haters, Bowser Jr. haters, Count Bleck haters, Daisy haters. An entire thread devoted to hating characters. Doesn't it tickle your fancy at the fantasy of sending 23 Count Blecks off a cliff? Or smashing tiny miniature Daisys with your hammer? Bombing a planet populated with Dimentios into the Stone Age? Riding a Chain Chomp and knocking into 6 opponent Viridis? If it doesn't you truly do not hate a character.

Last edited:
the second video (by liam triforce) was really good to be honest. i thought sm64 was ok but this video really showed me just how much it affected so many people which was lovely

super mario 64 did have quite a bit of liminal spaces as i also commonly get dreams where i access areas that weren't previously accessible and a lot of secret areas. not necessarily creepy though.

i love liminal space though.

i mean some of the super mario 64 hallways do invoke a bit of scariness to them, but the point of the effect of these hallways is that there's not supposed to be a living soul at all. and the primary effect is that it's in a state of "transition" not necessarily that it's creepy; the creepiness should only AMPLIFY the effect. for best effect, any sense of being watched or not feeling like you should be here is a construct of your own imagination.

adding a pokey face overlaid on that liminal space just takes me out of the feeling entirely. kills the mood. those awful thumbnails of mario without irises similarly does the same thing.

here's the original picture. mind you this room doesn't even exist in super mario 64. heck i don't think it needs the grainy filter either, it might not even be desirable

Frc5u59.jpg
'

But there's some other shots. that exit sign really is strange. don't think the red light gives off the liminal feel but it is quite offputting
E_U7LDQXIAYXRbQ.jpg

yeah this game always felt off to me in some aspects, but not enough to scare me. feels cozy to me. friendly, inviting, warm. like a good meeting is done and people are just off to relax in their rooms.
mlx0waqf1da71.jpg

as with some people I DID dream about parts of the castle that doesn't really exist. i dreamed entire rooms too, leading to levels, like i think there was a room that was supposed to be whomp's fortress or basement irl but in my dream it lead into a painting that led into a submerged level. think there was also plenty of underground rooms too, maybe in a separate dream?

i don't think dreaming make-up things is limited to super mario 64 though,as i do dream mario kart stuff about tracks and karts that don't exist.

Last edited:
Back